Wikipedia and God and nouns

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Wikipedia and God and nouns

Post by bansy »

Interesting to learn how the noun "God" has evolved over the years, and thus could still be changing ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

I would hazard a guess that if you mention the word "God" almost anywhere in the word pointing to the sky, and do not speak the native language, there is a likely chance the locals would nod their head and understand what you meant. God, the noun, is like a brandname, though maybe the nouns, "MacDonalds" and "Dollar", have better coverage :oops:
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Speaking of Wikipedia

Post by joel »

An IT rag called The Register reproduces a parody of Wikipedia called 'Surgipedia' that is amusing while instructive in the Ways of Wikipedia;

The Register on the Wikipedia
driedexbk
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: It has been over a year that I left the center but still there is a lot of pain in my heart...pain caused by deception. I went in looking to come into grips with my own sense of self and came out with no faith at all. The experience was so bad at times that now I am clear there is no such a god. For that I am grateful. Yet, there were other moments that I would not change for the best of my experiences. I experienced love as I had never imagined! It was a beautiful experience of forbidden love.

Post by driedexbk »

I am not sure if this is relevant to this thread but I was wondering if anyone in this forum, who is very knowledgeable, would be interested in filling this page with information about Brahma Kumaris for a new free encyclopedia now that Wikipedia is in revision.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Special:Se ... aris&go=Go
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

conservative

Post by proy »

driedexbk wrote:I was wondering if anyone in this forum, who is very knowledgeable, would be interested in filling this page with information about Brahma Kumaris for a new free encyclopedia now that Wikipedia is in revision.
I suppose there is no harm in putting information and a link to us there, and they would probably welcome it, as they are likely to be anti-cult. The whole thing is a bit distasteful, though, as it is run by very right wing, neo-conservative, fundamentalist Christians. They formed their Wiki because they think the "Real" Wiki is not Christian enough for them, and not (USA) patriotic enough for them. I heard all about them when they did an interview with one of the real wiki admin on BBC Radio Four, the "Today" news programme.