BK doing behavioural science service now

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

BK doing behavioural science service now

Post by fluffy bunny »

Now they are doing "behavioural science".
BKWSU wrote:Shiv Ratri celebrations 20 Feb 2007, London

"All roads lead to one" is a well-known saying which demonstrates the power of One ... etc"

Sr Beena has been with the Brahma Kumaris for the past 27 years Currently based in Chennaai, she is the joint director of Brahma Kumaris centres in Tamil Nadhu, Pondicherry, and Keral states in South India.

She specializes in conducting courses and lectures in Self Management Leadership, Stress Management and Behavioural Science and has participated in many national conferences and seminars in India.
What no Yoga, Dharna, Seva and Gyan any more?

Nice artwork and PR but what does it mean?

joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Re: BK doing behavioural science service now

Post by joel »

ex-l wrote:Now they are doing "behavioural science". What no Yoga, Dharna, Seva and Gyan any more? Nice artwork and PR but what does it mean?
The BKs have a term for this: Yukti-Yukt. Which translates roughly as shrewd.

Another term that the BK's like: incognito. So by adopting the terminology and appearance of business trainings, the BKs are doing service in a way that would otherwise be closed to them, preparing "microphones" that will ultimately "glorify the name" (of the BKs, Shiva, etc.)

I guess it's easier to go after BKs for deceptive practices than say, well many businesses and governments. I saw a sign recently that says, "Don't steal: the government hates competition."

Note that the Scientologists also claim to be both religion (when it suits them -- for tax purposes) and not-a-religion (to new recruits.)
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

joel wrote:By adopting the terminology and appearance of business trainings, the BKs are doing service in a way that would otherwise be closed to them, preparing "microphones" that will ultimately "glorify the name" (of the BKs, Shiva, etc.) I guess it's easier to go after BKs for deceptive practices than say, well many businesses and governments. I saw a sign recently that says, "Don't steal: the government hates competition."
Shrewd and incognito ...

Do you think they have exhausted their earlier markets and just moved on to more prosperous fields? I am seeing their rise in parallel to the Indian immigrants who after two, three generations have now worked their way up from cornershops and restaurants to become professionals and "-ologists". Or it is just a sign of our times that every one wants to be a consultanting executive?

Am I so cruel ... what makes me smile, especially with the Indian Brahmakumaris, is that the facade does not last for long. All too soon the hypnotic trances and spiritualism kick in and you are back to "the initials for G-O-D means Generator, Operator, Destroyer". Has it really changed much on the inside?

I suppose it goes; God generates us wealth, Organization operates on it and Dirty dogs are spoiling it for us now. Behaviour science is being taught knowledge to become Golden Age diety?
bro neo
ex-BK

Post by bro neo »

ex-l wrote:Nice artwork and PR but what does it mean?
I believe it exemplifies grandiose psychosis according to the DSM-IV.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

bro neo wrote:I believe it exemplifies grandiose psychosis according to the DSM-IV.
Hi neo. Yes, it clearly shows the Shivalingum of the BKWSU (which is based on? :lol:) higher and closer to the one than all the other poor religions. Basically, in the shadows of this one true hand ...

We could do a version of this with the middle finger ... all middle fingers pointing at Shiva

Hey, I can still do Photoshop ... all those leaflets paid off :lol:
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

mr green wrote:Yes, it clearly shows the Shivalingum of the BKWSU higher and closer to the one than all the other poor religions. Basically, in the shadows of this one true hand ...
It is true. Quite remarkable but in line with their teachings.

I have come to accept that, say, 90% of the service the BKWSU does is of the leadership to its own followers (and probably the same again of the practise). Convincing them, as this does, that they are special, heroic and superior to others.

Who else remembers "big" public programme of which 90% of the audience were other BKs of some commitment or another?
bro neo
ex-BK

Post by bro neo »

Hi mr green
mr green wrote:We could do a version of this with the middle finger ... all middle fingers pointing at Shiva.
LMAO!!!! :D :lol: :D
ex-l wrote:that they are special, heroic and superior to others.
Yea ex-l, this was one of those things for me that just did not seem right and played a hand in propelling me to leave Gyan.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein