Interesting stories and information

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
di
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by di »

Happy birthday Adrikisoul!

Ex-I, you are a rainbow of course! Not white like Abek and I. Do you have the pot of gold at the end?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Dunno ... but I can tell you what is in the crock at this end right now!
freedom
ex-BK

Post by freedom »

I am purple ... 8) and so many other colours !!! :lol:
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. Some interesting 'triplets' sent to me by a friend through email along with lovely pictures which I cannot produce here:

1. Three things in life once gone never come back:
a. Words, b. oppurtunity, and c. time

2. Three things in life are never sure:
a. dreams, b. success, and c. fortune

3. Three things in life that make U a great person:
a. hard work, b. sincerity, and c. success

4. Three things in life are most valuable:
a. love, b. self respect, and c. time

5. Three things in life must not be lost:
a. peace, b. hope, and c. honesty

6. Three things in life that destroy a person:
a. greed, b. pride, and c. anger
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. Some interesting quotes/lines sent to me by a friend through email along with lovely pictures which I cannot produce here:

1. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every oppurtunity. An optimist sees the oppurtunity in every difficulty - quotexite.com

2. If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes - St. Clement of Alexandra

3. I never compete against the competition. The only one I compete against is myself, because one day I will beat the competition and then who will I compete against? - Billie Akauola

(to be continued)
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

continued from the previous post:

4. The strong man is not the good wrestler, the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry. - Muhammad (PBUH)

5. I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever. - Rabindranath Tagore

6. There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day. - Alexander Woolcott

7. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

(to be continued)
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

continued from the previous post:

8. Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so. - David Grayson

9. Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. - Josh Billings

10. They may forget what you said, But they will never forget how you made them feel. - Carl W. Buechner

11. Adversity cause some men to break, others to break records. - William A. Ward

12. A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for - William Shed

13. Deeds, not words shall speak me. - John Fletcher

14. And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it is the life in those years. - Abraham Lincoln

(Concluded)
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Excerpts from a mail on the subject of smile received from a friend :

:lol: :D :P

Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody's heart.

A smile happens in a flash, but its memory can last a lifetime

There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy

A warm smile is the universal language of kindness

Smiling makes you feel better about yourself, even if you don't feel like it. And it always makes other people think better of you.

A smile is a light in the window of a face that signifies the heart is at home and waiting

Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it

You are never fully dressed until you wear a smile

A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your loo

Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to

Peace begins with a smile

Every tear has a smile behind it.

Keep a smile on your face and let your personality be your autograph

No matter how small, a SMILE on your face tells all

What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to human

Smiles are unbreakable--and mend broken hearts

Smiles are great investments: the more you collect, the better you feel

Be multilingual; smiles are the universal language

A laugh is a smile that bursts

A smile is just a frown upside-down

A smile is as nice to give as it is to receive

Most smiles start with another smile....

Though Smile cannot erase our burden, but it sure does make us feel lighter...

J smile pleaseeeeeeee

:) :lol: :P
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. I have been requested by a friend to post this mythological story on this forum:

"On the huge beautiful top of Mount Kailash Lord Shiva was sitting in Samadhi under a Banyan tree. On His marvelous camphor-white body, His reddish-brown hair was scattered artfully. On His hands, neck and chest, rudraksa beads and snakes were hanging as ornaments. They were there, enjoying the soothing touch of Lord Shiva.

His dear carrier, Nandi the bull, was sitting in front of Him, and a little further away His attendants were enjoying various love plays. A crescent moon was decorating the top of His matted hair as a symbol of Shiva's mercy and the silvery current of the holy Ganga was clearly visible there. His third eye was calm and quiet. The sacred ashes pasted in three lines on His forehead were beautiful and captivating. Suddenly Lord Shiva broke His Samadhi by chanting, "Rama, Rama," as if a cloud had rumbled. Everybody's eyes were lovingly and joyfully turned towards Shiva. From one bush there appeared Sati, the dearest consort of Lord Shiva.

She found her beloved spouse looking at her with special, graceful eyes. She came forward and stood in front of Him with folded hands and with a heart full of love. She spoke amiably, "My Lord, my heart swells in joy after seeing You have come out of such a long Samadhi. How shall I serve You? May I do any service for you, dear? I feel that You wish to say something."

Lord Shiva replied, "My dear consort, a very pious and auspicious desire is arising in my being today. Rama , on whom I meditate and contemplate always, whose transcedental pastimes I love to narrate to you always is coming, descending onto the earth with all the gods and representatives of celestial and astral planets. They are taking birth in the semi-divine and human races so that the earth will receive the great fortune of His service. I wonder why I alone should miss this valuable holy occasion? Let Me also go to the place where He is."

The beautiful Sati, dangling between the feelings of pleasure and pain, (since her husband's pleasure was her pleasure and the separation from Him was great pain) said, "My Lord, Your desire is all auspicious, all sublime, all natural. As I want to serve You, so also You want to serve Your Lord, for service is the only expression of deep love. But my Lord, my heart is tormented by just imagining the future separation. Please give me power so that my heart can enjoy Your happiness in totality.

"My Lord, Your Beloved Lord Rama is descending to unburden the earth of a most powerful ten-headed monster, King Ravana. But, King Ravana is your great devotee, to whom You have offered many boons, for he has satisfied You through ten thousand years of austerity and by sacrificing his ten heads one by one in the fire. How can You help anyone in killing him?"

Lord Shiva laughed and said, "My dear consort, you are very innocent. You need not be afraid of separation. I shall remain always with you. I can manifest Myself in various forms. At times I shall be taking you to Lord Rama, but by another form which will be the manifestation of my eleventh expansion.

"Be aware that I divide My energy into eleven spheres or bodies. It is the eleventh expansion that will be incarnated on earth as Hanuman. In the past, the demon King, Ravana, insulted and left My eleventh expansion un-satisfied and unworshipped. Now that eleventh expansion can be used to fight with Ravana and serve My Lord Rama. I have decided to take birth from the womb of Anjana by Kesari. Are you happy?"

Sati smiled filled with joy and love."

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

From an email sent by a friend:

Beauty of Math!

1 x 8 + 1 = 9
12 x 8 + 2 = 98
23 x 8 + 3 = 987
1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876
12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765
123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654
1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543
12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432
123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111

9 x 9 + 7 = 88
98 x 9 + 6 = 888
987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

Brilliant, is not it?

And look at this symmetry:

1 x 1 = 1
11 x 11 = 121
111 x 111 = 12321
1111 x 1111 = 1234321
11111 x 11111 = 123454321
111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
111111111 x 111111111=123456789 87654321

Now, take a look at this ...

101%

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:
  • What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    We have all been in situations where someone wants you to GIVE OVER
    100%.
    How about ACHIEVING 101%?
    What equals 100% in life?
Here's a little mathematical formula that might help answer these
questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

If:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And:

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%

But:

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

THEN, look how far the love of God will take you:

L-O-V-E-O-F-G-O-D
12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, It's the Love of God that will put you over the top! It's up to you if you

Since I am weak in Maths, I hope a member can assign checking of the above facts to his child(ren) as a homework!!!!!!! :D :P :lol:

With regards,
Arjun
freedom
ex-BK

Post by freedom »

Hey, no big deal to have 50,000 people at your funeral like Dadi. Pavarotti just had that too !! :lol:.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: 50.000

Post by fluffy bunny »

freedom wrote:Hey, no big deal to have 50,000 people at your funeral like Dadi. Pavarotti just had that too !! :lol:.
Other estimates were around 5,000 ... why does everything have to be big and exaggerated to be important?

THE FROG AND THE OX

An Ox, grazing in a swampy meadow, chanced to set his foot among a parcel of young Frogs, and crushed nearly the whole brood to death. One that escaped ran off to his mother with the dreadful news: "O mother," said he, "it was a beast - such a big four-footed beast, that did it." "Big?" quoth the old Frog, "How big? was it as big" - and she puffed herself out - "as big as this?" "Oh, a great deal bigger than that." "Well, was it so big?" and she swelled herself out yet more. "Indeed, mother, but it was; and if you were to burst yourself, you would never reach half its size."

The old Frog made one more trial, determined to be as big as the Ox, and burst herself, indeed.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

From an email sent to me by a friend:

EXCELLENCE

A gentleman was once visiting a temple under construction.
In the temple premises, he saw a sculptor making an idol of God.
Suddenly he saw, just a few meters away, another identical idol was lying.
Surprised he asked the sculptor, do you need two statutes of the same idol. No said the sculptor.
We need only one, but the first one got damaged at the last stage.
The gentleman examined the statue.
No apparent damage was visible.
Where the damage is? asked the gentleman.
There is a scratch on the nose of the idol.
Where are you going to keep the idol?
The sculptor replied that it will be installed on a pillar 20 feet high.

When the idol will be 20 feet away from the eyes of the beholder, who is going to know that there is scratch on the nose? The gentleman asked.
The sculptor looked at the gentleman, smiled and said, "The God knows it and I know it ". The desire to excel should be exclusive of the fact whether someone appreciates it or not.
Excellence is a drive from Inside not Outside.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

"Few thoughts you great people may like to share with somebody"

- People who can hold their tongues rarely have any trouble,
holding their friends.

- A man is not really poor if he can still laugh.

- The man who thinks he knows it all has merely stopped thinking.

- If the world laughs at you, laugh right back- it's as funny as you are.

- Ability without ambition is like a car without a motor.

- Ability will enable a man to get to the top, but it takes character to keep him there.

- You cannot make a place for yourself under the sun if
You keep sitting in the shade of the Family Tree.

- Adversity is the only diet that will reduce a fat head.

- We learn somethings from Prosperity, but
we learn many more from Adversity.

- Education is an Ornament in prosperity and a Refuge in adversity.

- Age is what makes furniture worth more and
People worth less.

- Which do you suppose ages faster - whiskey or the man who drinks it ?

- Sixty-five is the age when one acquires sufficient experience to
Loose his job.

- Some girls get married for financial security;
others get divorced "for the same reason."

- The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you'll have.

- It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man or a woman in an argument.

- Discussion is an exchange of Knowledge;
Argument is an exchange of Ignorance.

- People who know the least always argue the most.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

21 Facts to Know

1. Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from stop producing tears. Try it next time you chop onions. :cry:

2. Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the same time. Indeed convenient! :lol:

3. Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name. :D

4. Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite. :evil:

5. The average person's field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide angle. :shock:

6. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.

7. Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.

8. Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old. :cry:

9. It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.

10. Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than plants watered with cold water.

11. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. :evil:

12. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.

13. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.

14. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. :roll:

15. Everyone's tongue print is different, like fingerprints.

16. Contrary to popular belief, a swallowed chewing gum doesn't stay in the gut. It will pass through the system and be excreted. :arrow:

17. At 40 Centigrade a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing.

18. There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt every year. :shock:

19. Cats, camels and giraffes are the only animals in the world that walk right foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right foot, left foot . :roll:

20. Onions help reduce cholesterol if eaten after a fatty meal. :?

21. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting. :o

Of course the fact no.1 and 20 mentioned above are not for BKs/PBKs :D :P So they may ignore them :lol:

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun