Interesting stories and information

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Extracts of a mail sent to me by a friend:

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next days:

Do not open any message with an attached file called "Invitation" regardless of who sent it, It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called "invitation", though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee , and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:Extracts of a mail sent to me by a friend:

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
Ignore ...

Arjun, and everyone else if you are going to learn how to use your Windows OS computer because such viruses do not effect Mac OS and Unix/Linux OS computers,

this is a such a TYPICAL virus hoax email. Recognise the form and just delete them. You will get one every few months. Some kids send them out for entertainment.

Always just do a search on Google first if you receive one before sending it on to others. They are a total brain drain, fear mongering, waste of bandwidth.

The best way to protect yourself from Windows viruses is to buy an Apple Mac, or if you do not have the money, to install Linux OS on your PC. There are basically no viruses for Mac OS at present, 100,000+ for Windows.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:Arjun, and everyone else if you are going to learn how to use your Windows OS computer because such viruses do not effect Mac OS and Unix/Linux OS computers
Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I am not aware of the intricacies of computer field. So, it is difficult to find out which warning is genuine and which is not.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I am not aware of the intricacies of computer field. So, it is difficult to find out which warning is genuine and which is not.
Th ese emails are intended to spread fear and waste thoughts.

If in doubt, all you need to type in the title and "hoax" or "virus hoax" into Google and the result will pop up. There are numerous expert sites to guide you such as hoaxbusters.

Yes, the Windows Operating System is hugely vulnerable and needs to be protected by uptodate anti-virus software and firewalls at all times. Best not to use it. It for souls that have bad karma and need to suffer.

Linux OS has better karma and is more according to Shrimat (Murli points by request). It is genuinely free, built on goodwill and all the applications for it are free too. Apple Macs, and Mac OS, are for souls who are experiencing their Golden of Silver Age right now and is also virus free and very virus proof.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Some interesting information forwarded to me by a friend through email. Of course, some of it seems to be 'manmat' from BK/PBK point of view. :lol: So, don't think that I agree with all of the following :D :P :wink:

Life's 50 little Instructions (even if repeated nothing wrong in reading again)

1. Have a firm handshake.

2. Look people in the eye.

3. Sing in the shower.

4. Own a great stereo system.

5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.

6. Keep secrets.

7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.

8. Always accept an outstretched hand.

9. Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.

10. Whistle.

11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.

12. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come per cent of all your happiness or misery.

13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.

14. Lend only those books you never care to see again.

15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.

16. When playing games with children, let them win.

17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.

18. Be romantic.

19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.

20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.

21. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It's there for your convenience, not the caller's.

22. Be a good loser.

23. Be a good winner.

24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.

25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.

26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.

27. Keep it simple.

28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.

29. Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.

30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets

31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you'll regret the things you did not do more than the one's you did.

32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.

33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you .

34. Take charge of your attitude. Don't let someone else choose it for you.

35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need to stay only a few minutes.

36. Begin each day with some of your favorite music.

37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.

38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, 'Someone who thinks you're terrific.'

39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.

40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 a.m.

41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.

42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.

43. Make someone's day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.

44. Become someone's hero.

45. Marry only for love.

46. Count your blessings.

47. Compliment the meal when you're a guest in someone's home.

48. Wave at the children on a school bus.

49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.

50. Don't expect life to be fair

With regards,
Arjun
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

Some Kahuna Wisdom to share today: Excerpt from "Kahuna Healing," by Serge Kahili King:
"The most direct healing of body, mind and circumstance comes through consciously involving the god-self in your daily life and thoughts in an open, loving and trusting way. The practice of love (aloha) which includes the experience of sharing joy, is the way to make this union materially effective. "Joy is life-giving and expansive, and when it is made part of your life it automatically releases tension and acts like an invitation to the Higher Self to become a full partner in bringing forth health, happiness and fulfillment. As taught by the kahunas, joyful coopera- tion with "goddess-in-everything" is the best medicine for all ills, the best solution to all problems, the best way to achieve personal fulfillment. To do this, however, takes a commitment to remind yourself constantly of the presence of God in all people, places and situations. " 'Thou art God' Say it in your mind to all and everything, including yourself, from the time you get up till you go to sleep, believe it, and your life will be renewed."
'Oi kau ka lau, e hana i ola honua
Live your life while the sun still shines'
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. An interesting mail sent to me by a friend:

If your birthday is on...

December 23rd- January 1st = Red
January 2nd - January 11th = Orange
January 12th - January 24th = Yellow
January 25th - February 3rd = Pink
February 4th - February 8th = Blue
February 9th - February 18th = Green
February 19th - February 28th = Brown
February 1st - March 10th = Aqua
March 11th - March 20th = Lime
March 21st = Black
March 22nd - March 31st = Purple
April 1st - April 10th = Navy
April 11th - April 20th = Silver
April 21st - April 30th = White
May 2nd - May 14th = Blue
May 15th - May 24th = Gold
May 25th - June 3rd = Cream
June 4th - June 13th = Grey
June 14th - June 23rd = Maroon
June 24th = Grey
June 25th - July 4th = Red
July 5th - July 14th = Orange
July 15th - July 25th = Yellow
July 26th - August 4th = Pink
August 5th - August 13th = Blue
August 14th - August 23rd = Green
August 24th - September 2nd = Brown
September 3rd - September 12th = Aqua
September 13th - September 22nd = Lime
September 23rd = Olive
September 24th -October 3rd = Purple
October 4th - October 13th = Navy
October 14th - October 23rd = Silver
October 24th -November 11th = White
November 12th - November 21st = Gold
November22nd - December 1st = Cream
December 2nd - December 11th = Grey
December 12th- December 21st = Maroon
December 22nd = Teal

*RED*
Cute and lovable type, you are picky but always in love...and liked to be loved. Fresh and cheerful, but can be "moody" at times. Capable with people, nice, soft, and that can love you for the way you are. You like people that are easy to talk to, and can make you feel comfortable.

*CREAM*
Competitive and sportive. Don't like losing and always cheerful! You are trustworthy, and very out-going. You choose love carefully, and don't fall in love easily. But once you find the right one, you don't let go for a long time.

*TEAL*
You are mostly interested in your looks. And have high standards in picking love. You think and make a solution precisely, and hardly make stupid mistakes. You like to lead, and is easy for you to make new friends.

*GREY*
You are attractive, and active. You never hide your feelings, and express everything that's inside. But can be selfish at times. You want to be noticed, and don't like to be treated unequally. You can brighten up people's day. You know what to say at the right time, and you have good sense of humor.

*GREEN*
You get along well with new people. You are not really a shy person, but sometimes you can hurt people's feelings by your words... You like to be loved and noticed by your lover, but mostly you are single, waiting for the right person.

*GOLD*
You know what's right and what's wrong. You are cheerful and out going. It's hard for you to find the one you want, but once you find the right person, you won't be able to fall in love again for a long time.

*PINK*
You are always trying your best in everything, and like to help and care for other people. But you are not easily satisfied. You have negative thoughts, and you look for romantic love like in a fairytale.

*YELLOW*
You are sweet and innocent. Trusted by many people, and have strong leadership towards relationships. You make good decision and make the right choice at the right time and always dreaming of romantic relationship.

*MAROON*
You are intelligent, and know what's right. You like to make things go your way, which can sometimes cause trouble for not thinking about other people's feelings. But you are patient when it comes to love... Once you get a hold of the right person; it's hard for you to find a better love.

*ORANGE*
You are responsible for your own actions, and you know how to treat people. You always have goals to reach, and are competitive. When it comes to friendship, you find it hard to trust someone, but once you find the right friend, you trust him or her forever.

*PURPLE*
You are mysterious, never selfish and get interested in things easily. Your day can be sad or happy depending on your mood. You are popular between friends but you can act stupid at times, and forget things easily. You go for person that's trustworthy.

*LIME*
You are calm, but easily stressed out. You get jealousy easily, and complain over little things. You cannot get stuck into one thing, but you have a capable personality for everyone to trust you and like you.

*SILVER*
You are imaginative and shy, but you like trying new things. You like to challenge yourself. You learn things easily, and like "Hard to get". Your love life is normally hard and confusing.

*BLACK*
you are challenging, and have the "guts". But you don't like changes in your life. And once you make a decision, you keep it that way for a long time. Your love life is also challenging, and different.

*OLIVE*
you are warm and light hearted. You seem to flow well with friends and family. You don't like violence and know what's right. You are kind and cheerful, but don't envy other people easily.

*BROWN*
you are active and sportive. It's hard for other people to become close with you, but you fall in love easily. But once you find out you cannot get something, you give up and let go easily as well.

*BLUE*
you have low self-esteem, and very picky. You are artistic and like to fall in love, but you let your love pass by, by loving with your mind, not your heart.

*NAVY*
you are attractive, and love your life. You have a strong feeling towards everything and very easily distracted. Once you get angry at someone, it is hard for you to forgive them.

*WHITE*
you dream and have goals in your life. You get jealous easily and you don't react to things easily. You are different and sometimes thought highly by others.

*AQUA*
your feelings change suddenly and easily. You are always lonely and like traveling. You are truthful, but listen and believe other
people too easily. It's hard to find love for you, and you get lost in love easily, sometime love hurts you
adikarisoul
ex-BK

Post by adikarisoul »

arjun wrote:If your birthday is on ... July 15th - July 25th = Yellow

*YELLOW* You are sweet and innocent. Trusted by many people, and have strong leadership towards relationships. You make good decision and make the right choice at the right time and always dreaming of romantic relationship.
Thank you Arjun,

I liked it very much and consider it kind of a gift as tomorrow July 25th is my birthday ...

Love, ADI
yudhishtira
Reforming BK

Post by yudhishtira »

*PINK* You are always trying your best in everything, and like to help and care for other people. But you are not easily satisfied. You have negative thoughts, and you look for romantic love like in a fairytale.
Rats ... how did you know ... :lol:.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Interesting the colours rotate almost half yearly, except you're a different colour on 4 odd days ... equinoxes ??!

I am red by the way :P
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

A lighter shade of pale

Post by abrahma kumar »

In the interest of balance wouldn't you just guess that Abek's would work out as:
*WHITE*
you dream and have goals in your life. You get jealous easily and you don't react to things easily. You are different and sometimes thought highly by others.
:oops:
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

I was made in a laboratory out of spare parts from taken from corpses ... I exist only in the worst nightmares of the BKWSU? What color am I? :cry:
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

ex-l wrote:I was made in a laboratory out of spare parts from taken from corpses ... I exist only in the worst nightmares of the BKWSU? What color am I? :cry:
ex-l, that wouldn't be my fav colour now, would it: Purple?
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

*MAROON* for me ... interesting :lol:.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

adikarisoul wrote:I liked it very much and consider it kind of a gift as tomorrow July 25th is my birthday ...
Dear adikarisoul,

Om Shanti.

I wish you a very happy 'yellow' birthday :D :P :D

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun