[Tech] Personal messages

yudhishtira
Reforming BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

[Tech] Personal messages

Post by yudhishtira »

I have another query; I am trying to respond to a pm but it seems to be stuck in my outbox; I am sure I've probably made a mistake, but I cant seem to send it now; can you help?
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Post by admin »

Yudhishtira wrote:OK; thanks for that! I have another query; I am trying to respond to a pm but it seems to be stuck in my outbox; I am sure Ive probably made a mistake , but I cant seem to send it now; can you help?
It will stay there until the recipient picks it up.
yudhishtira
Reforming BK

Post by yudhishtira »

aha; thankyou, I'll get the hang eventually!
alladin
Friends and family of

mail stuck

Post by alladin »

Hi, same ad other members, I find the introductory message everytime I get onto the plain sheet and have to erase it before typing in my text. Also I prepared a couple of pm but they won't go out of the box. Can u help me pls? Thanks
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post by joel »

When I made a quoted reply to a personal message, the Quoting script stripped out occurrences of 'I' and of 'BK'. I think this is a bug, or at least an opinionated existential software configuration. Does not appear to affect forum postings.
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Re: Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post by admin »

joel wrote:When I made a quoted reply to a personal message, the Quoting script stripped out occurrences of 'I' and of 'BK'. I think this is a bug, or at least an opinionated existential software configuration. Does not appear to affect forum postings.
Yes, thanks, this has been noticed before. As long as it does not get any worse, we might have to live with it until the next big upgrade.
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Re: Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post by joel »

admin wrote:Yes, thanks, this has been noticed before. As long as it does not get any worse, we might have to live with it until the next big upgrade.
Is this a known phpBB bug? Otherwise I think it might be worth checking for accidental entries in the Shortcuts table that expands "S B" (with no intervening space) to Shiva Baba.