Humour in PBK classes/discussions

DEDICATED to PBKs.
For PBKs who are affiliated to AIVV, and supporting 'Advanced Knowledge'.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Humour in PBK classes/discussions

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti.
I remember that long back one of the members of this forum had remarked that many PBKs are not ready to raise important questions in the discussion classes of ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) out of fear.

But actually, it is not so. The discussions that take place in ShivBaba's classes are not in an atmosphere of fear, but in a light mood. When the topic is serious, the discussion also gets serious. But when the topic is light the discussion also becomes light and many a times leads to peels of laughter. ShivBaba has answered many questions while creating these lighter moments.

Ever since the thread on 'Jokes' has been started in two of the sections of this forum I was thinking of presenting such moments of humour in ShivBaba's classes in a separate thread to lighten the moods of the members who are discussing serious matters in the PBK section. I hope you would like it. Since these excerpts are draft versions, I am giving the VCD/Discussion CD number along with other details so that anyone can refer the concerned CD to confirm in case of doubt.

Other PBKs could also contribute with the experiences of lighter moments with Baba.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

VCD No.596, Audio Cassette No.1082, dated 15.01.07 at Talapark, Clarification of Murli dated 27.10.02

While narrating the above clarification Murli ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) said that the people of the world say that women are gateways to hell (naari narak ka dwaar hai). But the Father says that men are gateways to hell (nar narak ka dwar hai). The men cannot conserve their energy while living together (with their wives) and they become sanyasis.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
mr green
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Humour is a uniting force and good for the spirit, bring it on.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

VCD No.596, Audio Cassette No.1082, dated 15.01.07 at Talapark, Clarification of Murli dated 27.10.02

Baba Himself asked during the clarification Murli that out of Bhakti and Gyan which is feminine and which is masculine?

Baba Himself replied that Bhakti is feminine (streeling) and gyaan is masculine (pulling)

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Baba said - Aadi Dev (Shankar) is shown with beard and moustaches (in the Bhaktimarg). That too a beard of a he-goat. :D Even then he is believed to be Prajapita.
Then Baba mentioned how the people of the path of worship remember Aadi Dev as Prajapati and not Prajapita (as we remember him). He said that the soul playing the role of Prajapita in the Confluence Age is Prajapita in the beginning and is Prajapati in the end. 'Paati' means one who protects/saves.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Numberless Discussion CD, dated 16.01.07

Someone asked - Where did the knowledge of omnipresence (sarvavyaapi) start from?

Baba replied saying that when people searched everywhere, but could not find Him anywhere, they said He is omnipresent. Suppose a child is asked about his Father's name. :?: He tells the name. :D Then if he is asked about his grand Father's name. :?: He tells the name. :) Then if he is asked - what is your great grandfather's name? :?: Then the child replies - It is me. :evil: Same is the case with the concept of omnipresence of God. :D :D :D

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
shivsena
ex-PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To find out the absolute Truth.

Post by shivsena »

Dear arjun Bhai.

In lokik worldly life humour is quite essential; but in Gyan marg it can be quite dangerous and mis-leading; one can get diverted from the main topic ie. knowing what is 'Alaf and Be'; Murli dated 27-7-2000 says " Gyan marg koi hansi-kudi ka marg nahin hai" (meaning that "in Godly knowledge there is no place for laughter and humour") ; also Murli dated 23-2-2000 says "hansi -majaak se bahut nuksan hota hai" (meaning that ' laughter and joking can cause much loss" ); the above Murli points clearly indicate that Godly knowledge has to be taken seriously as a subject and should be studied very attentively and churned deeply ; there is no place for any laughter and humour which may lead us away from the main issue of knowing the creator (Ramshivbaba) and his creation(Krishna baccha).

shivsena.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Dear Shivsena Bhai,

Om Shanti. I had expected this kind of an objection beforehand. So, even before you have posted your objection, I have sent a mail to Baba informing about this thread. If he says that this is against Shrimat, I would stop making further posts.

But the aim of this thread is not to divert attention from the knowledge or Baba. In fact most of the moments of humour from the discussion classes that I have quoted also answer many of the questions. So it is not just humour, but knowledge combined with humour.

Another reason for starting this thread was to disprove an allegation levelled by one of the members that PBKs do not ask worthwhile questions due to the fear of Baba Virendra Dev Dixit. The humour in ShivBaba's classes/discussions proves that the atmosphere is not one of fear but joy. Moreover, Baba Himself says that the Dharmaraj/Satguru's role has not yet started. So, I think one can have some space for humour/light moments also besides discussing knowledge seriously in other threads.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
shivsena
ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To find out the absolute Truth.

Post by shivsena »

arjun wrote:Dear Shivsena Bhai,
Moreover, Baba Himself says that the Dharmaraj/Satguru's role has not yet started. So, I think one can have some space for humour/light moments also besides discussing knowledge seriously in other threads.
Arjun
Dear arjun Bhai.

i am surprised to note that the role of Satguru has still not started; so could you please clarify when will the role of Satguru start and what is the role being played at present; since the Murlis say that ''Bap teacher Satguru" are all three-in-one at the same time; i did not know that they are seperately played; so kindly expand on how these 3 roles are played seperately.

Also i have no intention of criticising the humour in advance knowledge discussions; i just wanted the PBKs to know that there are certain points in Murlis of ShivBap, which are contrary to the teachings of advance knowledge(which is given by Krishna's soul); so just to highlight these points i had quoted them from the Murlis ( since PBKs believe more in cassette discussions and have been completely ignoring the Murli points of ShivBap).

shivsena.
andrey
PBK

Post by andrey »

If the role of Satguru is played now, we would have attained satgati.

In the Murli it is also said that we should present the knowledge in an entertaining way.
shivsena
ex-PBK

Post by shivsena »

Andrey wrote:If the role of Satguru is played now, we would have attained satgati.
In the Murli it is also said that we should present the knowledge in an entertaining way.
Dear andrey Bhai.
That is exactly what i want to know; if the role of Satguru is not being played now, then which role is going on at present and when will the role of Satguru start.

Also, can you quote any Murli date which says that the knowledge should be presented in an entertaining way; i always thought that Godly knowledge should be told in a simple lucid manner whereby everyone understands the Truth (as truth is simple and not complex).
The word ''entertainment" is used in Bhakti-marg and not in Gyan-marg.

shivsena.
shivsena
ex-PBK

Post by shivsena »

arjun wrote: Moreover, Baba Himself says that the Dharmaraj/Satguru's role has not yet started. So, I think one can have some space for humour/light moments also besides discussing knowledge seriously in other threads.
Arjun
Dear arjun Bhai.
Since you are saying that dharmaraj/Satguru's role combined will be played in future, then please clarify who(which soul) will play the role of Satguru and who will play the role of Dharamraj; or is it going to be combined role played by one soul.

I can understand the need for some lighter moments amongst us bk and pbk students when we are discussing the knowledge; but i do not understand the need for Supreme Soul ShivBap to have humour in his classes, as He is supposed to be ''Gyan ka saagar''(ocean of knowledge) and not ''ocean of laughter''. Whatever words come forth from His mouth should be words of wisdom and nothing else. This is what i feel.

shivsena.
andrey
PBK

Post by andrey »

Dear brother,

No, i cannot give a date, but i did not make it up myself i took it up from a Murli. I remembered this point because i liked it. It is you who does not believe. Avyakt BapDada also says that we should not become too serious. Why do you think that being wise is being serious?

In the Sakar Murlis there is also a lot of humour, for example regarding the hands and legs of the deities. However we may understand the unlimited meaning, but still it is funny. It is said that deities can be entertaining at one time and serious at other time

At present the role of teacher is being played or even this can be over. It is said that 3 are combined in one, so the personality is one, he is the three of them, but different roles are played according to the time. For example, as the Father; inheritance is given at the end. It does not mean that the Father comes only at the end. He is even there before. He sustains children but at the end gives the inheritance. The part of Satguru is to cause salvation. It is a role of complete detachment. Father can also be attached to his children and teacher to his students.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Is not humour a human emotion ? So whilst there is a human body, there will be humour. The soul may have humour inside, just as it has anger, lust, mercy, compassion, etc, but these can only be expressed when in human form.

So whilst my soul is in a human body, I am glad to be able to feel humour. When humour is out of control, this is a burst of emotion, outward laughter if you wish to call it. When humour comes we can appreciate it as humour. A soul which is dead probably has no humour, e.g a child born and abandoned in the roadside.

The above is my "manmat". How close it is to "Shrimat", I'll let my faith decide.
shivsena
ex-PBK

Post by shivsena »

bansy wrote:Is not humour a human emotion? So whilst there is a human body, there will be humour. The soul may have humour inside, just as it has anger, lust, mercy, compassion, etc, but these can only be expressed when in human form.

So whilst my soul is in a human body, I am glad to be able to feel humour. When humour is out of control, this is a burst of emotion, outward laughter if you wish to call it. When humour comes we can appreciate it as humour. A soul which is dead probably has no humour, e.g a child born and abandoned in the roadside.
Dear bansy Bhai.

i fully agree with you that humour is a human emotion associated with varying degrees of body-consciousness and just like any other emotion will be expressed and experienced in human form only; but my contention is that, does Supreme Soul ShivBap who is 100% soul-conscious and who has never experienced body consciousness for more than 4900 years and even though he comes in Sangamyug in a body to give Gyan, can He have humour in his speech?? ; this is what i have not been able to digest ; we call Him ''ocean of knowledge", "ocean of love", ''Tower of peace", ''Tower of silence'', and He comes from a sweet silent world and He wants to take us back to Paramdham by making us 'vanaprasthis' (Vani se pare); so would ShivBap resort to cheap meaningless humour in his classes, or would he have only meaningful dialogue with his 108 children to enable them to attain the final karmatit stage??? (the stage of silence and complete detacement from the body). So what i am trying to say is that, humour in ShivBaba's classes (as arjunbhai has pointed out) is one more proof of the fact that the conversation in the classes, is between Krishna's soul and PBKs and not the role of ShivBap (as bap-teacher-Satguru), whose only part is to take us away from body-consciousness and liberate us from vices (as the Murli says ''laughter is also a subtle vice''); this is what i want to highlight.

shivsena.