Humour in PBK classes/discussions

DEDICATED to PBKs.
For PBKs who are affiliated to AIVV, and supporting 'Advanced Knowledge'.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Discussion CD No.248, dated 28.01.07 at Calcutta

Kisi Bhai nay kaha: Amrit Vela nahee uthtey.
Baba nay kaha:
Ghar may ladka hospitalize ho jaaye, patnee hospitalize ho jaaye toh amritveley neend aayegi? (Kisi mata nay kaha: Voh toh ek din kay liye Baba) Ek din kay liye? Ye bhi toh ek janma bhi nahee hai, aadha janma bhi nahee hai, chauthaai janma hai. Kahin naukari mil jaaye achhi khaasi (Kisi nay kaha: night duty) night duty may amritveley ki duty kee toh neend aayegi? Iska matlab us naukari say jo praapti honi hai, us say bhi kam praapti vala samajhtey ho. (Kisi mata nay kaha: Nahee, jyada hai) Jyada hai toh lekin practical may result kya hai?

Kisi Bhai nay kaha: Baba, jo Amrit Vela nahee kartey hain unka kya 84janma kam ho jaayega?
Baba nay kaha:
Kahtey hain Parmatma Baap say hamaarey sarva sambandh hain. Kya? Mataen bhi kahtee hain hamara bachha hai. Bhai log bhi kahtey hain hamaarey sarva sambandh hain. Jaisey Baap aakar kay is sansaar may uski kapori haalat hoti hai aisi haalat agar bachchey kee ho jaaye toh neend aayegi? Hm? Fir. Iska matlab sarva sambandh nibhaaye hain? (Kisi nay kaha: Achha Baba) Achha Baba. (Kisi nay kaha: ... Doh saptaah uthtey-uthtey fir so jaatey hain. Isko kya hoga?...) Jo ek saptaah, do saptaah jiskee practice ban jaayegi, jiski practice ban jaayegi ek saptaah bhi lagaataar jagney kee voh practice toh pakki ho jaayegi. (Kisi mata nay kaha: Lekin hota nahee hai) Ek saptaah bhi agar ban jaavegi (Kisi mata nay kaha: Ek hafta, doh hafta uthkay dekha fir bhi….) Uthkay baithney kee baat nahee hai. (Kisi nay kuch kaha) Avastha bhi baney. Uthkay baithney kee kya baat hai? Ye toh koi badee baat nahee hai. Lekin man ko control karney kee baat hai na.

A brother said: I do not get up at Amrit Vela.
Baba said:
If the son at home becomes hospitalized, if the wife becomes hospitalized, then will one be able to sleep at Amrit Vela? (A mother said: That is for one day, Baba) For one day? Even this is not even for one birth, not even for half a birth, it is just one fourth birth. If one gets a nice job somewhere (Someone said: night duty) The duty of Amrit Vela during the night duty, then would one fall asleep? It means that we feel that this (Amrit Vela) causes lesser attainments than the attainments to be achieved through that job. (A mother said: No, it is more than that) It is indeed more, but what is the practical result?
A brother asked: Baba, will those who do not practice Amrit Vela, take less than 84 births?
Baba said:
Children say that all our relationships are with the Supreme Soul Father. What? The mothers also say that He is our child. Brothers also say: all our relationships are with Him. The bad condition which the Father reaches after coming in this world, if the condition of any child becomes like that, then will one fall asleep? Hm? Then? It means that – have you maintained all the relationships? (Someone said: Achha Baba) Achha Baba. (Someone said: ....Some people wake up for two weeks, and then start sleeping. What would it be called?) The one who practices waking up for a week, two weeks; the one who practices waking up regularly even for a week, that practice would become strong. (A mother said: But it does not happen like that) If it is practiced even for a week. (A mother said: I tried waking up for a week or two, even then…..) It is not just a question of waking up. (Someone said something) The stage should also develop. What is the big deal in waking up and sitting? It is not a big issue. But it is a matter about controlling the mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:- The Hindi and English versions of the extracts of above mentioned Discussion CD are just draft versions.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

While speaking about 16 celestial degrees (16 kalaaen) Avyakt BapDada said in an Avyakt Vani dated 09.10.71:

"Falaaney ka swabhaav serious hai, yah bhi samjho kalaa kam hai. Falaney say yah baat nahee kar saktey – yah bhi kalaa kam."

"Someone's nature is serious; this should also be considered as a lack of celestial degree. He/she cannot talk to a particular person – this is also a lack of celestial degree." (Avyakt Vani dated 09.10.71, pg.195, published by the BKs in Hindi and narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK)

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
button slammer
PBK

Post by button slammer »

shivsena wrote:In lokik worldly life humour is quite essential; but in Gyan marg it can be quite dangerous and mis-leading ... there is no place for any laughter and humour which may lead us away from the main issue of knowing the creator (Ramshivbaba) and his creation (Krishna baccha).
VCD No.636, Audio Cass.No.1122, Dated 24.03.07 at Bangalore mini-Madhubans
Clarification of Avyakt Vani dated 17.03.07
Ref. No.VCD-636-Part-III-Eng

"Some children become a little too serious. It is good to be serious, but sometimes you appear to be very serious. No one likes those who are serious. Be serious, but let it be internally, and externally, let your face be smiling. Everyone loves a smiling face, whereas people are afraid and run away from those who have a very serious face. They would not be co-operative (with such souls).

You remember the smile of Father Brahma, the smile of Mother Jadgamba and the smile of our Dadi, do you not? Double foreigners also love Dadiji’s smiling face, do you not? You are waving your hands! Do not laugh, just smile. Do not laugh loudly, simply smile because BapDada now wants you to make intense effort. Why? It is because BapDada has seen that the sanskars of a long period of time are necessary.

If you make intense efforts at the end, that will not be accumulated in the account of a long period of time. And if you haven’t accumulated over a long period, then your right to the long time of the period of 21 births will also get reduced. BapDada does not want that any child who has said, 'My Baba', to have any less of a right. For how many births should he have the right?

There should be complete right for 21 births because for the Father, even if it is the last child, the Father knows that he is the last child, but has He ever said in a Murli, when saying, 'sweet, sweet children', does He omit those who are bitter and give love and remembrance only to those who are sweet children?

Has Baba ever said this? He knows that that one is the last child, but He still says, 'sweet, sweet child'. He doesn't say, 'bitter child.'"
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

I am quoting the interaction herein between shivesena and arjun's attempt to show the difference:
Moreover, Baba Himself says that the Dharmaraj/Satguru's role has not yet started. So, I think one can have some space for humour/light moments also besides discussing knowledge seriously in other threads.

I can understand the need for some lighter moments amongst us BK and PBK students when we are discussing the knowledge; but I do not understand the need for Supreme Soul ShivBap to have humour in his classes, as He is supposed to be ''Gyan ka saagar''(ocean of knowledge) and not ''ocean of laughter''. Whatever words come forth from His mouth should be words of wisdom and nothing else. This is what I feel.
Would someone please explain then why I remember 'BapDada' always ensuring some lighter moments and using humour in his live Avyakt meetings/Murli'? I remember much mirth and laughter at some of the comments and points raised during the meeting and this was refreshing to listen to after all the 'effort' made. (I recognise here that the PBKs may be saying that it is the founder messaging through Gulzar and not Shiva, however that's still open discussion for most of us, so I am sticking to the official BK format of two souls speaking; namely Shiva And Dada Brahma).

Surely this posting is really a case of people only taking what they want from the Murli and forgetting everything else? I do not quite understand how you can say that using humour is 'unneccessary' - its perfectly normal - provided that its part of the discourse and content i.e not just laughter, not just seriousness, after all its only a classroom we're in is not it?

Heaven forbid if the Teacher is so deadly serious that we all fall into the heavy heart syndrome, then no actual learning would take place at all, as it would simply be instilling points made in fear ...

Laugh and enjoy, study what one wants to but keep complete balance I say and do not try to change what is essentially enjoyment, as laughter is the best medicine, or can one not ENJOY one's spiritual journey? Or do we need to discuss what 'be serious' really means?
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Disc.CD No.255, dated 21.02.07 at Poona

Kisi Mataji nay poocha – Baba, boltey hain Dharmaraj dwara haddi tudvaayengey. Toh ye haddi jo dard hoti hai abhi, voh dharmaraj kee sajaa hai kya?
Baba nay kaha:
Kuch sanskar aisey hain jo haddi-haddi ban chukey hain. Hatti sanskar ban chukey hain. Voh hatti sanskar bhi toot jaavengey.
Mataji nay kaha: Aur haddi? :D
Baba nay kaha:
Haddiyan toh apney aap hee tootengi.
Mataji nay kaha: …abhi jo Dharmaraj ki sajaaen hain.
Baba nay kaha:
Abhi koi sazaaen nahee hain. Dharmaraj kee sazaaen toh bahut teekhi hongi. Abhi, abhi jo abhi jo shaaririk dukh miltaa hai voh toh doctor aur vaidya log bhi theek kar letey hain. Aur is say jo yantrana milti hai voh yantrana bhi Baba kee Yaad say halki ho jaati hai. Dharmaraj kee ye jo sazaa hogi usmay toh Baba kee Yaad bhi nahee aayegi, maarey dar kay.

A mother asked: Baba, it is said (in the Murlis) that bones would be got broken through Dharmaraj. So, the pain that occurs in the bones now, is it a punishment from Dharmaraj?
Baba said:
There are some sanskars which have become as hard as the bones. They have become rigid sanskars. Those rigid sanskars would also break. The mother said: And what about the bones? :D
Baba said:
The bones would automatically break.
The mother said: ...what about the punishments of Dharmaraj that are being experienced now?
Baba said:
Now there are no punishments. The punishments of Dharmaraj would be very severe. Now, now the physical pain that one experiences is treated by the Doctors or Vaidyas (Ayurvedic Doctors) also. And the pain that one suffers because of that also gets reduced through the remembrance of Baba. In case of the punishments that would be caused by Dharmaraj, one would not even be able to remember Baba out of fear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:- The Hindi and English versions of the extracts of above mentioned Discussion CD are just draft versions.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Kisi chotey bachhey nay poocha: Baba, chotey bachhey hain na, voh madhuban may jaakar sharaarat kartey hain toh uskee sazaaen miltee hain? :wink:
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Haan, chotey bachhon ko choti sazaa miltee hai, aur jo badey bachhey hain unko jyaada sazaa miltee hai.

A child asked: Baba, there are small children who do mischief after going to Madhuban; so, do they get punishments for that? :wink:
Baba replied:
Yes, small children get small punishments and those who are grown up children get more punishments.

arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Kisi choti bachhi nay poocha: Baba, sabhi potamail detey hain par, par uska aadha paap aap katvaatey hain.
Baba nay kaha:
Baap katvaatey hain; haan.
Bachhi nay poocha: Poora kyon nahee katvaatey hain? :wink:
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Poora isliye nahee katwaatey hain ki agar poora katwaa dein toh fir nithalley ho jaayengey. Haan, fir toh roz paap kartey rahein, roz paap katvaatey rahein. Koi purushaarth hee nahee karega. :D
Kisi chotey bachhey nay poocha: Baba, Potamail kyon likhna chaahiye?
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Potamail isliye likhna chaahiye ki - dil saaf ho jaaye. Kya? Baba kay saamney sachhey ban kay rahein. Baba say bhi koi baat chupaa lengey toh dil toh saaf hoga nahee.

A small girl asked: Baba, everyone gives potamail, but you get half of his/her sins cut (i.e. pardoned).
Baba said:
The Father gets it cut (i.e. pardoned). Yes.
The girl asked: Why does He not get it cut (i.e. pardoned) completely? :wink:
Baba replied:
It is not got cut (i.e. pardoned) completely because if it is got cut completely, then they would become idle. Yes, then people would keep committing sins everyday, and get the sins cut everyday. Nobody would make efforts at all. :D
A small child asked: Baba, why should one write Potamail?
Baba replied:
One must write potamail so that the heart becomes clean. What? One must remain true in front of Baba. If you hide anything from Baba, then the heart would not become clean.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Kisi bachhi nay poocha: Seedhi kay chitra may neechey dikhaya gaya hai na ki - voh aadmi leta hota hai aur voh bhiksha leta hai. Kyon leta hai?
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Aadmi leta hua hai. Haan, voh kaanton kee shaiyya pay leta hua hai. Mana dukhdaayi log hain. Voh usko dukh dey rahey hain aur voh padaa hua hai.
Bachhi nay poocha: Bhiksha kyon leta hai vo?
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Bhiksha isliye leta hai – bhikmanga hai. Uska pait nahee bhartaa hai toh bheekh leta rahta hai.
Kisi mataji nay poocha: Kaun hai voh?
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Voh, voh Bhaarat hai. Satyug kay aadi may, jo vishwa kaa maalik banta hai voh hee girtey, girtey, girtey, girtey Kaliyug kay ant may aakar kay bhikmanga ban jata hai.
Bachhey nay kaha: Voh pehley bahut shrimant, saahookaar tha.
Baba nay jawaab diya:
Saahookaar nahee tha, saahookaaron ka bhi saahookaar, raajaon ka bhi raja tha, pehley janam may. Vishwa ka maalik tha.
Bachchi nay kaha: Vishwa ka maalik tha aur neechey aakey...
Baba nay kaha:
Neechey gir kay, gir gaya so gir gaya.

A girl asked: Baba, in the lower portion of the picture of ladder, it has been shown that a man is lying and he accepts alms. Why does he accept alms?
Baba replied:
A man is lying. Yes, he is lying on a bed of thorns. It means that there are people, who cause sorrows. They are causing sorrows to him and he is lying.
The girl asked: Why does he accept alms?
Baba replied:
He accepts alms because he is a beggar. He cannot fill his stomach. So he keeps accepting alms.
A mother asked: Who is he?
Baba replied:
He is Bharat. In the beginning of the Golden Age, the one who becomes the master of the world keeps sliding down, sliding down, sliding down, sliding down and at the end of the Iron Age he becomes a beggar.
The girl asked: He was very prosperous, rich person earlier.
Baba replied:
He was not just a rich person. He was the richest among the rich ones, he was the king of kings in the first birth. He was the master of the world.
The girl said: He was the master of the world and by experiencing downfall ...
Baba said:
He fell down (in stage) and when he fell down he experienced downfall.

bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by bansy »

Laughter is good medicine, especially with a pure heart.

Mary Poppins I Love To Laugh. You can even sing along.