What is to love God?

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
driedexbk
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: It has been over a year that I left the center but still there is a lot of pain in my heart...pain caused by deception. I went in looking to come into grips with my own sense of self and came out with no faith at all. The experience was so bad at times that now I am clear there is no such a god. For that I am grateful. Yet, there were other moments that I would not change for the best of my experiences. I experienced love as I had never imagined! It was a beautiful experience of forbidden love.

What is to love God?

Post by driedexbk »

For too long I have been pondering the question, "what does it mean to love God?". The day I left the Brahma Kumaris for good and all, a question, similar to this one was presented to me by a Senior Sister. Indeed, it took me by surprise. I thought she, better than me, would know the answer.

After some serious thought, I deduced that the best answer would be, not the one I knew she was expecting to hear, nor the one I knew would fit best or be most proper for the moment, but rather the response arisen from my innermost sense of honesty. The thought of God awakens a sense of goodness in me; thus I guess, in loving God what I am loving is a projection of myself endowed with reverent qualities of holiness and nobility. In that case, loving God is like loving me. In addition, God is profusely thought as love, thereby, do I love love? ... Absolute nonsense! To love God is like submitting oneself entirely into a force that is directed toward the greatest source of delight ... such a stimulation and sublimation! Once this happens one is never the same again. I escaped from loneliness through this experience, yet, it was not meant to be forever.

Well, I am sure there will be many responses to this thought of mine. I am looking forward to them.
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

Re: What is to love God?

Post by proy »

driedexbk wrote: loving God is like loving me.
Here I agree with you totally.
bro neo
ex-BK

Re: What is to love God?

Post by bro neo »

driedexbk wrote:The thought of God awakens a sense of goodness in me; thus I guess, in loving God what I am loving is a projection of myself endowed with reverent qualities of holiness and nobility.
The profoundness in this is great. I remember grazing through a book on the research of archetypes in relation to western medicine. It spoke about how a person's subconscious will have an image or images in relationship to concepts. For example a boy will see his cancer as Darth Vader and his healing ability as the Jedi Knight.

When we have Yoga with God (God in a general term and not BKWSU’s definition), are we infact having Yoga with an archetype of the holiness and Ideal Perfection of ourself as identified by our subconscious mind?

I ask this because even after leaving BKWSU, I am still very dependent on Yoga (with the personified ideal of the supream most richious God in highest most richious dimention), except for the past couple of months. This Yoga I continue to do has kept me going, it nurtures me, but it definitely doesn’t seem to be a Yoga with the text book definition of God.

Yeah, yeah I do interlace all that stuff about the ideal personified, etc but this is to ensure the feedback I get is really nice. I think my real experience with God or higher self or what ever seemed a bit cold and unloving in my near death exsperience. Gonna have to do some soul searching after I write this ...

Anyways back to the question “What is to love God?”, it really depends on ones definition of love and God, and there are more definitions of these then there are people on this forum.
driedexbk wrote:In that case, loving God is like loving me. In addition, God is profusely thought as love, thereby, do I love love? ... Absolute nonsense! To love God is like submitting oneself entirely into a force that is directed toward the greatest source of delight ... such a stimulation and sublimation! Once this happens one is never the same again. I escaped from loneliness through this experience, yet, it was not meant to be forever.
Another very interesting idea. Makes me think about a theory I was trying to work out on how love energy or universal inteligence becomes aware of it self and then becomes a single separate consciousness from the whole. I have recently heard a well formed version of this theory by Deepak Chopra, in his describing the Vedic concept of evolution.
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

The thought of God awakens a sense of goodness in me; thus I guess, in loving God what I am loving is a projection of myself endowed with reverent qualities of holiness and nobility. In that case, loving God is like loving me. In addition, God is profusely thought as love, thereby, do I love love? ... Absolute nonsense! To love God is like submitting oneself entirely into a force that is directed toward the greatest source of delight ... such a stimulation and sublimation! Once this happens one is never the same again. I escaped from loneliness through this experience, yet, it was not meant to be forever.
WOW! But is it really NOT meant to be forever? As an exiter, i have been contemplating the consequences of a foreshortened lifespan as a gope. The spiritual awakening that I experienced through coming to contemplate on the character of God as The Supreme Soul and myself as a soul is an expression of love unlike any other i ever have, and I am sure ever will have. But is such love only available to us when we make God as our unrivalled co-respondent in love, as told by the BKWSU?

And later on you, mentioned Yoga which it could be argued actually ought to eventually cut our love for God away from the monopoly of the BKWSU. If loving God is indeed
loving a projection of myself endowed with reverent qualities of holiness and nobility
then what need for the BKWSU to have an unbroken part in its students drama? For me the experience of loving God is a sort of amalgam of every positive life experience i ever had and ever will have. Remembering Him at the touch of everything that makes me feel vibrant, real soul-fuelled and optimsitic - in fact my most revered self.
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

If we consider our view of God from our younger years in life to however we see things now, there may be a big deference.

But God is no more than that, just my Father. We have a normal Father child relationship where we transform and mature as with in the world. The day may come when God asks you to stop being a child and to grow up and become a spiritual adult. As with the world, there are periods of acne and growing pains, but perhaps we can see that we are moving forward regardless, as with a ghost train ride. Begging from Dad/Grandad, and not putting that one on too high a pedestal that they are out of reach for us are among the things we may face on the journey.

Beautiful may one word to describe the one who shows us how to love again. True love that is. The experience of being loved by the perfect parent. Simply knowing that such love and more is actually possible, who knows, it could catch on.