Indian ex-BK experience

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Indian ex-BK experience

Post by fluffy bunny »

I had a question regarding the Indian ex-BK experience.

Obviously, most folks reaching this forum are non-Indian or Westerners. My question relates to whether the Indian ex-BK experience is different from the non-Indian ex-BK experience.

I heard a story about an Indian ex-BK, a center-wassi, that left Gyan because of what she felt were abuses by her senior. It was said that afterwards she was considered "unmarriagable" by her community because she had been married to God.

I do not know this to be true. I have no idea what other personal elements were involved (except a bit about what the Senior Sister/zone-in-charge did). But it made me think about another whole aspect of Gyan, or ex-Gyan, that I had not thought about before.
  • What is the experience of Indian BKs leaving?
This might relate a little to the PBKs but in a way the PBKs offer somewhere for BKs to go that is not BKWSU. But mainly I was thinking of those that chose to step right out of the system.
  • Does the programming / psychic influences / social aspect affect them more or less?
    Is drop out lower or can they adopt to being BK Laity much easier, e.g. Sunday morning or World Meditation Day BKs?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti.
There are thousands of them. Most of those who leave the BK system are unmarried BKs. Most of the unmarried BKs who leave get married either voluntarily or under family pressure. Most of the Indian Ex-BKs start doing Bhakti once again. But there are many who don't feel any more pleasure in Bhakti. They allow their spouses &/or family to continue doing Bhakti. There are many who return to become BKs/PBKs after marrying &/or giving birth to children. A surrendered sister living in the BK Museum at Mount Abu became and ex-BK and got married and returned to become a BK after having given birth to a child (or children). One of my BK friends returned similarly to become a BK, but his wife did not give him company in his second innings as a BK.

I remember an incident that occured many years ago. After passing out of the College, I met one of my female classmates at another female classmate's marriage. That girl was also going to get married very soon. And since she knew that I was a BK, she told me that her would-be husband was also a BK. When I wanted her to introduce him to me, she immediately retorted that she does not want him to become a BK once again.

Like Indian Ex-BKs, there are many Ex-PBKs who have also left the BK/PBK knowledge completely and got married. I remember that when the Vishnu Party started in 1997 many of my bachelor PBK friends joined the group under the temptation of the promise of establishment of heaven within a short period and the temptation of declaration of posts (each one being told which deity they are going to be worshpped as). When nothing materialized, they left the Vishnu Party and got married. I was in contact with them for a few months and now I don't have contacts with them. One of such ex-PBK left Vishnu Party to become the devotee of a Late South Indian Guru named Raghavendra Swamy and then switched over to a North Indian Guru. I don't know where is he now. One Ex-PBK (Ex-Vishnu Party) got married at the age of 45. I have also heard a rumour that the building that Mr.Dashrath Patel had constructed in 1997 to house the topmost 108 souls is now being used to host marriage parties of the outside (i.e. non-BK) world.

Whatever may be the reason, I wish them best of luck in their life.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. I have come across a Murli point that speaks about BK sisters who left the Yagya and got married but repented later on:

"Kitnee achhi-achhi kanyaaen aati thi, achaanak kaam ka toofaan aaya, sagaai kee, shaadi kar lee. Shaadi karkey fir pachtaati hain - yah badee bhool ho gayee. Time lagtaa hai na."

"Very good virgins used to come; suddenly they faced the storm of sex-lust, got engaged, got married. After getting married, they repent - we have committed a blunder. It takes time, is not it?" (Revised Sakar Murli dated 26.12.06, pg.4 published by BKs in Hindi and narrated by Father Shiv through Brahma Baba and translated by a PBK).

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun