Hunt for Fresh Meat - Inner Space shopfronts

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Hunt for Fresh Meat - Inner Space shopfronts

Post by fluffy bunny »

OK ... I am a one track sinner and I will go to hell ... but I could not help be amused by one of those little messages life sends us ( ... like BapDada meeting the BKWSU IT team on Halloween's night)!

On the right, obscured by some nice flowers, the BKWSU "Inner Space" shop front ...

On the left, a sign that says "Hunt Fresh Meat
".

Yes, well ... quite! I could not have put it better myself. With a little Baba's flag up top to remind us all. With wings like that on the parapit, I can see why they went for the building ... but do you think life is trying to tell us something here?

fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

And while we are at the spooky "Twilight Zone" stuff, I was trying to view a BK site in German and am left I am trying to work out what this web translation of the BK JAM pages means;
click here.

Just in case it changes or disapears;
...incoming goods of acres

About the Brahma Kumaris

The Brahma Kumaris World mirror-image ritual University (BKWSU) is known for its grass roots work in mirror-image ritual education and as A conveynor of internationally projects and of dialogues dealing with issues of world transformation.

Founded in India into the 1930s, the BKWSU now has centres in more over 90 countries. The University works alongside individuals and organization in all AREAs of the community, look for as healthcare, education, youth, social services, the criminal justice system and into interreligious dialogue.

A visionary more leader, the more founder, Brahma Baba, envisioned A time when people OF all backgrounds would come of together tons of rediscover and develop the mirror-image ritual dimension of their live. One of his most revolutionary inspiration which ton place women OF the University roles into the major leadership.

For information, visit: http://www.BKWSU.org

join our mailing cunning
That is a little unfortunate. "Incoming goods of acres" I get ... that is easy ... but what is "mirror-image ritual"? Sounds spooky to me.

"Join our mailing cunning", indeed.
zhuk
non-BK

Post by zhuk »

Hehe. hmm very cunning :P I am still getting mail more than 3 years after leaving lol.

I must say that 'fresh meat" certainly rings a personal bell :)

Considering all the plaintive entreaties I was bombarded with in a vain attempt to bring me back into the fold ... for some reason I was considered a potential teacher/er I mean proselytiser ... in other words I had the 'gift of the gab' & picked up the knowledge basics quickly (and so better able to attract other 'fresh meat' ;) ).
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

For the second time today I am in absolute stitches :lol:. What a juxtaposition (is that the right word). This is turning into quite a hoot. Maybe if i stay here long enough I could be entertained to such a royal extent that i need never miss Amrit Vela again in my life.

Thank you Baba.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:On the right, obscured by some nice flowers, the BKWSU "Inner Space" shop front ... On the left, a sign that says "Hunt Fresh Meat".
It is quite surprising that BKs, who aim to become 'double non-violent deities' should find accomodation besides a meat shop. I hope that at least now they would think of shifting their center or flag from that place (whichever country/city it is located).
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:It is quite surprising that BKs, who aim to become 'double non-violent deities' should find accomodation besides a meat shop. I hope that at least now they would think of shifting their center or flag from that place (whichever country/city it is located).
It is in London, England. Wembley, Inner Space shop front.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:It is in London, England. Wembley, Inner Space shop front.
Thanks for the information. But this make it even more surprising since London is the headquarters of the overseas BK establishment :?:

Even in the outside world (i.e. non-BK world), there is a ban on sale of cigarettes, gutkha, liquor within a certain distance of schools and educational institutions in India. If the BKs cannot get the meat shop shifted from their vicinity, they should at least try to relocate that center. There is a Government-owned liquor shop at some distance from the headquarters of AIVV (PBKs) in Delhi. All the residents of the locality including AIVV have made efforts to get the liquor shop relocated, but it has fallen to deaf ears.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Ah yes, Wembley Inner Space, I remember it well ... had some some nice spicy chickpeas there.
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

I like the thread, but cannot work out which of these two shops it is you are taking umbridge with. One of them is obviously giving off bad vibes or something.

Perhaps the BKs are after the butcher's shop next door, and will knock the wall in between down, for the vibes of course.

'Hello, meat the neigbours'
bansy

Post by bansy »

Yes, this must be the jolliest thread so far. :P At the expense of the BKs :cry:

To rub more salt into the meat, the flag seems to be flying slightly to the left over the roof of the butchers. Or is it just your camera angle ex-l? :lol:
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Yes, this must be the jolliest thread so far. At the expense of the BKs
But, we must also give a benefit of doubt to the BKs because we don't know if the BKs established their center before the meat shop was opened or the vice-versa?

In case the meat shop was opened after the BKs set up their center, then we cannot put the BKs at fault, although they can think about convincing the meat shop owner to shift somewhere else or to shift to some other place themselves.
Anyways, it is their internal matter.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

bansy wrote:To rub more salt into the meat, the flag seems to be flying slightly to the left over the roof of the butchers. Or is it just your camera angle ex-l? :lol:
Look Bansy, if you have a beef with the photographer, don't mince your words about it. I know that you are a sweet lamb but don't be chicken. If you think that the pictured needs a chop, be cut and dried about it.

Frankly, I think the whole matter is absolutely offal and the good vibrations must be very lean.

I did not take the picture, I am not local to it. The butchers shop looks much older.
bansy

Post by bansy »

OK, no more blubbering from me as it will make me horse, and no more porky pies. I'll spam my posts more carefully, it's just that with the BKs there's so much at steak, so many hard effort making BKs bringing home the bacon. What a whale of a photo though.
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

sparkal wrote:I like the thread, but cannot work out which of these two shops it is you are taking umbridge with. One of them is obviously giving off bad vibes or something.

'Hello, meat the neigbours'
I experienced no so-called bad vibes at all from the picture. The composition would speak volumes to any BK - and that it was not stage-managed makes it even more a jolly old roger. Ah well. Maybe it is a sure sign that we are on the verge of seeing a " 'Baba's shop' on every corner". We all souls need the message - even if we get it whilsy popping out to the high street for the week's ration of lamb chops. Imagine the recorded sanskar: There I was on my way to the butchers and found instead Shiva Baba ... since when I became a vegetarian. All because drama decreed that my high street butcher's is situated alongside the Godly University. What a fortune that Butcher must earn.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

bansy wrote:OK, no more blubbering from me as it will make me horse, and no more porky pies. I'll spam my posts more carefully ...
You really know your onions when it comes to your animal products, Bansy, but I still think the BKWSU is full of tripe.
Abrahma Kumar wrote:Ah well. Maybe it is a sure sign that we are on the verege of seeing a "'shop' on every corner". After all we all need the message - even if we only pop out to the high street for the week's ration of lamb chops.
Which makes me think of ... "The Gyan Sketch" with apologies to Monty Python's Flying Circus.

(Gyan = BK Raja Yoga knowledge, a sort of channelled message)

Scene: A high street shop. One table is occupied by a group of Senior Sisters with Dharamraj stages. A Man and his Wife enter.

Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man (to Waitress): Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and Gyan; egg bacon and Gyan; egg bacon sausage and Gyan; Gyan bacon sausage and Gyan; Gyan egg Gyan Gyan bacon and Gyan; Gyan sausage Gyan Gyan bacon Gyan tomato and Gyan;
Senior Sisters (starting to chant): Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan...
Waitress: ...Gyan Gyan Gyan egg and Gyan; Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan baked
beans Gyan Gyan Gyan...
Senior Sisters (singing): Gyan! Lovely Gyan! Lovely Gyan!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and Gyan.
Wife: Have you got anything without Gyan?
Waitress: Well, there's Gyan egg sausage and Gyan, that's not got much Gyan in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY Gyan!
Man: Why cannot she have egg bacon Gyan and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got Gyan in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much Gyan in it as Gyan egg sausage and Gyan, has it?
Senior Sisters: Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan (crescendo through next few lines)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon Gyan and sausage without the Gyan then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like Gyan!
Senior Sisters: Lovely Gyan! Wonderful Gyan! ...
Waitress: Shut up!
Senior Sisters: Lovely Gyan! Wonderful Gyan!
Waitress: Shut up! (Senior Sisters stop) Bloody Senior Sisters! You cannot have egg bacon Gyan and sausage without the Gyan.
Wife (shrieks): I don't like Gyan!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your Gyan. I love it. I am having Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan beaked beans Gyan Gyan Gyan and Gyan!
Senior Sisters (singing): Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan. Lovely Gyan! Wonderful Gyan!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her Gyan instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan... (but it is too late and the Senior Sisters drown her words)
Senior Sisters (singing elaborately): Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan. Lovely Gyan! Wonderful Gyan! Gyan gy-a-a-a-a-a-an Gyan gy-a-a-a-a-a-an Gyan. Lovely Gyan! Lovely Gyan! Lovely Gyan! Lovely Gyan! Lovely Gyan! Gyan Gyan Gyan Gyan!

* for the original seminal comedy sketch, see; Monty Python's Spam Sketch. Suitable for Brahmin viewing (but you might still not get it). However ... if you ever wondered why spam emails were called spam, this is it!