Yogis are Hip

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Yogis are Hip

Post by bansy »

20th and 21st Century Yogis :

I came across some folks and mentioned about Yoga and yogis. The first response was something like, "hey, that sounds cool".

Does being or becoming a "Yogi" have that image of "I am cool" or "I am hip" whilst being an ordinary Christian or Buddhist monk is ... well, ordinary ? Does crispy white clothing just grab attention, if not of others but of oneself ? However Murlis say of freshness and newness, is that was these comments are?

A documentary of John Lennon and his Peace Week and week in bed with Yoko Ono was deemed "cool and hip" (A few days later he was shot).

Brahmins are incognito, as the Murlis put it, but are they?
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

I think it has always been said that we will/may experience a degree of persecution, then be accepted in a big way. So this will be the time of persecution then is it? :roll: Remain positive 8).
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Yogis are Hip

Post by fluffy bunny »

bansy wrote:Does being or becoming a "Yogi" have that image of "I am cool" or "I am hip" whilst being an ordinary Christian or Buddhist monk is ... well, ordinary ? ... A documentary of John Lennon and his Peace Week and week in bed with Yoko Ono was deemed "cool and hip" (A few days later he was shot).
So, is this the pattern ... "First you are uncool, then you become cool, then you are shot?" :shock:

It is a bit different from Gandhi's, "First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win!".

This current lot of BK Brahmins seem nought but incognito and rather media obsessed. May be the true Brahmins still are. Its a bit seasonal ( ... and corny as hell for those that remember Elizabeth Taylor in diamonds and silk singing "imagine no possessions", so apologies in advance) but here's some words from Lennon ... they still manage to move me. Click the link to play.
[b][url=http://www.youtube.com/v/jEOkxRLzBf0]Imagine[/url][/b] ... John Lennon wrote:Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It is not hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I am a dreamer
But I am not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I am a dreamer
But I am not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as on
I imagine it is was similar sentiments that drove most BK Brahmins to begin with, what went wrong John?