Dadi Janki and the Janki Foundation

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
alladin
Friends and family of

Dadi Janki a pundit?

Post by alladin »

Interesting topic, this one about DJ!

When I read posters using terms such as guru-hood and the increasing tendency for Dadi to play the role of pundit, I realize that this is one of the things that made me feel embarassed and uncomfortable and gradually made it difficult for me to pass on the knowledge to others, to introduce them to the BKWSU.

For the sake of integrity, I chose to sort of give up the teacher's role. How can I ever tell some one that "Here there are no gurus, these ladies are just our elder more experienced sisters which we respect but are NOT encouraged to worship. RajYog is very different from Bhakti marg, we are not followers or devotees of any human. We teach you how to empower yourselves by creating a direct link with the Supreme Soul, Creator, Father of all human souls ..."? Blah blah, it's not true. It's like selling a defective product. Moreover, rank teachers, contrary to BK VIP "consultants", don't get paid, they actually spend their time, $ and energy.

So what should I cheat people for, if they want to tell lies, let them, I don't want to get more students into trouble and confusion! Maybe I stopped "creating my fortune" but at least I am not accumulating bad karma or created the sanskar of lying!!
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Dadi Janki a pundit?

Post by fluffy bunny »

alladin wrote:"Here there are no gurus, these ladies are just our elder more experienced Sisters which we respect but are NOT encouraged to worship. RajYog is very different from Bhakti marg, we are not followers or devotees of any human. We teach you how to empower yourselves by creating a direct link with the Supreme Soul, Creator, Father of all human souls ..."? Blah blah, it's not true.
You know, this is what we were taught to teach and say about the BKWSU and the Dadis etc. But, you know, when you actually go and meeting some ordinary Baba's or Gurus they can be as deatched about it all and say exactly the same things too.

The image of the power hungry, media seeking, guddhi grabbing guru is something that power hungry, media seeking, guddhi grabbing BKs seem keen to promote. It may not be true.
driedexbk
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: It has been over a year that I left the center but still there is a lot of pain in my heart...pain caused by deception. I went in looking to come into grips with my own sense of self and came out with no faith at all. The experience was so bad at times that now I am clear there is no such a god. For that I am grateful. Yet, there were other moments that I would not change for the best of my experiences. I experienced love as I had never imagined! It was a beautiful experience of forbidden love.

Post by driedexbk »

alladin wrote:When I read posters using terms such as guru-hood and the increasing tendency for Dadi to play the role of pundit, I realize that this is one of the things that made me feel embarassed and uncomfortable and gradually made it difficult for me to pass on the knowledge to others, to introduce them to the BKWSU. For the sake of integrity, I chose to sort of give up the teacher's role.
Alladin: I do not understand ... are you still a BK? If you are, why do you continue to be imprisoned within the bottle? Rub it off and allow the true self to appear. Then you may grant three wishes to the world: freedom of spirit, revelation of fundamental truth, and accuracy of integrity.
alladin
Friends and family of

where am I standing?

Post by alladin »

Thanks for the blessing, Dried! Maybe I finally found out my role!

I advised the admin of the Forum to label me still as a BK because so far I haven't reached the point of denying the truth of knoweledge taught me by the BKWSU. I benefited from it, although disregarding their system a lot. I feel that leaders are the ones who are betraying original principles. I wouldn't mind actually being listed under the friends of BKs, which in BK language translates into "cooperative soul". Participating to the Forum is already helping me in clarifying many doubts , including where I am standing, it's an ongoing process.

It feels as if the package "God, Seniors, Knowledge" we bought in the beginning, has split, and this is a bit confusing. Knowledge gets twisted and revised. Seniors, I lost trust in them. God and original teachings are still OK with me, Later, I don't know yet!
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

DJ's Book Reviews

Post by proy »

Well, not everybody likes her books anyway, see Amazon
ex brahma kumar wrote:Reviewer:Ex BK (UK) - See all my reviews
Dadi Janki is in fact a horrible women whom I've known well for a number of years. She enjoys hero worship and believes everyone deserves to die a horrid death as a result of their ignorance unless they are a part of her organisation that are enlightened. This book is just a cynical recruitment drive to get more members for her cult in which you will be stripped of all your worldy possesions(money). Please avoid and heed the warnings of someone who's life was ruined by these people.
  • and
a reader wrote:Another Doomsday Cult Book!
Reviewer: A reader
This is another book from the doomsday cult that call themselves the Brahma Kumaris. Readers should be aware that the other reviews are from members of this Brahma Kumaris, a doomsday cult that believes that the world is coming to an end. Since the 1930's they have insisted that the world is coming to an end. They were extremely embrassed when nothing happened during Y2K. Whenever disasters such as volcanic eruptions, floods, earthquakes, wars, disease, umemployment, serial murders, etc. hit the news media they are the first to claim that these are signs from God that the world will end soon. They believe this world is only 5,000 years old but cannot explain why the dinosaurs and pyramids are more than 5,000 years old, not to mention the age of all those meteor craters and canyons throughout the world.

Actually, the Brahma Kumaris is in denial and constantly contradict themselves. For instance, they are not allowed to go to the movies, watch television, attend rock concerts, sit near the opposite sex, read novels, eat in restaurants, eat eggs or any meat, etc. etc. However, the majority of them secretly indulge in these "vices" and eventually leave their organization because they are not happy with these vices that God told them them must give up in order to go to heaven ("Golden Age"). Their drop out rate is far greater than the enrollment rate. What does this tell you about any organization?

Every morning they attend classes to listen to the words of God. Every morning the words of God tells them that they are degraded and impure souls and that the world is coming to an end so why continue with education, exercise, buy a home, play sports, loose weight, invest money, or get promoted at work?. They continue to invest in retirement plans and the stock market but they believe the world is coming to an end. Now you know why many of them have such low self-esteem to believe that the more money they give to their organization, the higher their "position" in heaven will be or as they say "the greater your fortune will be". Don't they mean the greater their fortune (bank account) will be? Anyway if the members do not give their money to the organization, they believe they will become servants in heaven ("Golden Age"). Aren't we all equal in heaven?

Wealthy people are called V.I.P.'s by God and are given the special treatment while minorities and poor people are given menial tasks. By their standards this means that Bill Gates is the highest VIP according to God. For some reason the wealthy can indulge in numerous vices and still go to heaven ("Golden Age") as long as they give "donations to God". But the poor must eliminate all vices and still end up servants in the Golden Age. However, people of virtues will not be able to go to the Golden Age, this includes Jesus, Buddha, Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, Martin Luther King, John Kennedy, etc. Only the Brahma Kumaris will go to the Golden Age because they this is what God told them.

Anyone visiting a Brahma Kumaris center should not be fooled by the free classes. This is just a way to lure the curious into their web. Although this is a "religion" from India, residents of India know nothing of them. The Brahma Kumaris will bombard you with mail and phone calls should you decide to no longer accept their invitations or give donations. Readers beware! The other book reviews are from the members of this New Age cult.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Nice reviews :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Here is a Janki Classic Post, from some published book or another. I don't have to give references;
Janki spoke not wrote:The training from the very beginning has been to never to impose one idea's or thoughts on other. Whoever has an idea is welcome to put it forward, then the opinions and ideas of others are offered in relation to that. Usually when there are meetings everyone has opinions to offer from their own perspective.

We Dadis do not have the habit of speaking constantly and offering opinions from our personal perspective.
So, it wasn't her idea to break Shrimat at the beginning with the pictures at Lekhraj Kirpalani at the begining of Western service ... and it wasn't BapDada telling her she spoke too much just this year as someone reported ... and who else do they have on the Guddhi!?! You have to laugh.

Its the private conversations and meetings that are not reported or translated, but just gossiped about, that I am more interested in ...
alladin
Friends and family of

Saleswomen

Post by alladin »

First brainwash them and use some kind of psychic power. Then flood them with words to make them more confused. At that point, even a lie will seem like truth an even if thinking, speaking and doing don't match, they will not notice, they will still be enchanted and buy a defective product. A rip off. These are techniques currently utilized by any mediocre salesman who wants just to make a living. Shamelessly.
zhuk
non-BK

Post by zhuk »

And far less likely to question anything (however illogical) when you've put such a massively huge emotional investment in the Organisation. Just how likely are you to say to yourself "I admit it I was completely taken in out of a desperate need to 'belong somewhere' and I realised i was being used?" :?: Or do you make sure you keep those logical faculties well clamped down forever?

Even less so if you are sufficiently taken in (hmm there's that 'honeymoon' period again!) that you start to believe your are having heretical thoughts which fuel your fear of having "lost grace" and "baba's favour" and consequently are the fallen of the fallen (aka The Evil Shudra lol). What a crushing loss of future glory, happiness, everything you have been working so hard towards, that would be, if you do happen to believe this.

Kind of the opposite to a non-clinging, simple acceptance of all that IS Zen-type mindset; which I am realising more & more is my natural gut-instinct. Why do people NEED all the "answers" and look to cults such as this one? (Hell, any 'religion' will do). I guess its a deep human drive for certainty in a world which is inherently changeable & unstable.

Always measuring yourself before the model of perfection ... and inevitably coming up short, every time; all the while striving to mould your mind to a nonsensical dogma, and all to build up your afterlife Golden Age numberwise position (yes, you MUST be one of the chosen few, surely? After all this constant traffic-control-striving??).

And the pain you must constantly repress to do this in the BKs, lest your sanskars be irrevocably muddied. I couldn't think of a worse way to exist, honestly :(
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Sexy Sadie

Post by fluffy bunny »

Some acid humor etching away at a little truth. You know, now and again I am haunted by something very evil. Some terrible waste thought, like ... like this. Please look for the serious edge. There is reason to my ribald.

Sexy Sadie was a song written by John Lennon about the Transcedental Meditation founder, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi , 'The Maharishi', after he and The Beatles had visted the Maharishi's ashram in Rishikesh. Like it, them, and the 60s or not, but it was very much The hippie Beatles that brought India, and even Hinduism to the West, first by their flirtation with the guru and then by their relationship with the Hare Krishnas. Strange they never get a mention in the Murlis.

Though there had been early travellers, thanks to the rise of TV and the influence of the Beatles, who were at that time "Bigger than Jesus", it was also the Maharishi that very much laid down what was yogi for the West.

There was a falling out though. The rumor that spread was that the Maharishi had tried it on, or touched up either the actress Mia Farrow or a pretty Californian hippie chick that had gone out with the Beatles in order to transfer his spiritual energy. In return, the ascerbic Lennon wrote this song. The Maharishi being given the nickname "Sexy Sadie".

I just had a thought, that given all that and what else we know, from a Gyani BK point of view, it would kind of suit Dadi Janki and so I wrote this sone in rememberance of her. Tune about ... follow the link if you do not know it. To be honest, I think it is better that Robin Gibb's number, "Mother".

"Dadi Janki" (Sexy Sadie Lyrics by The Beatles)
Lennon and McCartney did not wrote:Dadi Janki what have you done
You made a fool of everyone
You made a fool of everyone
Dadi Janki ooh what have you done.

Dadi Janki you broke the rules
You layed it down for all to see
You layed it down for all to see
Dadi Janki oooh you broke the rules.

One sunny day the world was waiting for a lover
She came along to turn on everyone
Dadi Janki the greatest Trimurti Dadi of them all.
Dadi Janki how did you know
The world was waiting just for you
The world was waiting just for you
Dadi Janki oooh how did you know.

Dadi Janki you'll get yours yet
However big you think you are
Dadi Janki oooh you'll get yours yet.

We gave her everything we owned just to sit at her table
Just a smile would lighten everything
Dadi Janki she's the latest and the greatest Trimurti Dadi of them all.

She made a fool of everyone
Dadi Janki.

Sexy Sadie.
There is reason for this connection. I knew an old timer TM follower that got on their bus early on and had close access to the Maharishi who told them many things that he would not, or could not say in public. In many way the dynamics were the same as what some of experience in the older days of Gyan.

One of the things that the Maharishi said, was that in the cosmic order of things, he was not a "Brahmin", part of the priest caste, despite being a worldly yogi rishi. He said he was a Kshatrya, a warrior. A spiritual warrior fighting in the West to establish a kingdom. What he was ighting for or with, I do not know or cant remember. But I distinctly remember this issue of being a warrior on the spiritual level.

I am relating this too to the nature of the senior BKs; their Empire establishing, their Kingliness, all the talk about Mahabharat and armies and so on ... and may be too many of our own feelings about sucking up and seeing others suck up to "her table" and am wondering what is really going on. Is our show really that much different from his? The Maharishi had the Beatles, Janki has Robin Gibb. In 1968 the Rishi had a private helicopter, now he even has a real University now, she still has a fake one ... and he is only a dirty impure Shudra.

Still, we know by Gyan what rules have and are been broken ... Sexy Sadie, a Trimurti Dadi indeed.
When The Beatles left early, John was elected as spokesman, although he hated the task.
"We're leaving, Maharishi," he said.
The little man looked pained.
"But why?" he asked.
John did not have the courage to confront him. Evasively, he said,

• "You're the cosmic one, you should know."
The Maharishi looked as if he wanted to kill him.
The Maharishi who was already surrounded by early European ladies that had surrendered their wealth ... and who thought young people should stay in school and obey their parents and obey the leaders of their country who were more informed and qualified than they also disagreed with nuclear disarmament but ... expected the Beatles to tithe over 10 to 25 percent of their annual income to a Swiss account in his name.

I wonder percent Robin Gibb is on?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

You see, for me, after discovering all the deceit and corruption of the history, teachings and form of BK-style Raja Yoga, all I am left with is one big question mark where God should be. And, no, I cannot just stop thinking and trust.

The rest of the world is fairly simple and manipulatable. To me it just appears that Janki has been marketed well and fits well in the market place that wants, demands or expects a certain characters ... visually, in our superficial sound bite world ... she fits in well somewhere between the Maharishi and Mother Theresa and has even been "sold" as similar to the latter - which is a joke.
in the night
Not sure

Post by in the night »

Don't mean to upset anyone: But we should show a bit of respect for the elderly!

In my personal research, and PBKs would probably agree, Janki has lost control of the BKWSU long ago. It is probably true of other elderly female leaders which are being used to keep the show going, and interests of course. Not necesarily money but power in general.

I would like to relate a wierd happening during the meetings with "BapDada" in "Peace Hall" - Mount Abu. One of the senior brothers (I will not mention the name for obvious reasons), was called and was asked by the "BapDada" why he was not obeying his orders concerning the building of a BK property. I remember how the subject was so quickly ignored by the Toli, dinner breaks, and no printing in the post day "Avyakt Murli".

I think the Pope in Rome is also suffering from this. He may be a good guy but the Vatican Bank only needs him because of his sort of "holiness".

Is not all clear yet, and if you high-up good hearted BK souls happen to get the courage to speak up, and Baba is real, then what is there to worry about?. Or have you lost faith like I am beginning to. Need you now or never.

Love ALL OF YOU anyways.

In the night :evil:
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Thank you very much for raises this matter of a senior brother receiving an ear pulling from BapDada ... and it not being reported. I think there is a geneal consensus here that it is a handful of senior brother that have been at the heart of the BKWSU for a long time and possess the real power. "He who holds the purse strings...", and all that.
in the night wrote:Don't mean to upset anyone: But we should show a bit of respect for the elderly! In my personal research, and PBKs would probably agree, Janki has lost control of the BKWSU long ago. It is probably true of other elderly female leaders which are being used to keep the show going, and interests of course. Not necesarily money but power in general.

I would like to relate a wierd happening during the meetings with "BapDada" in "Peace Hall" - Mount Abu. One of the senior Brothers (I will not mention the name for obvious reasons), was called and was asked by the "BapDada" why he was not obeying his orders concerning the building of a BK property. I remember how the subject was so quickly ignored by the Toli, dinner breaks, and no printing in the post day "Avyakt Murli".
Should we show a bit of respect for the elderly? Why?

Like it or not, King Janak Kripalani takes the fruit and carries the legal and spiritual responsibility of her title "Chief Administrator of the BKWSU". If one does not like that, do not take the title.

You are talking about someone here that has corrupted the teachings, enforced her own will against Baba's and under whose responsibility the BKWSU has engaged in cover ups, media manipulation, propogation of historical lies and re-writing of the Murlis. Even her own history!!!

If you want to take it further, and of course the BKWSU leadership excuse themselves for the same type of accountability any Kali Yugi lokik, religious or political organzation would, she share responsiblities for any of the minor atrocities carried out in the name of the BKWSU.

Would you show respect for an old priest that had messed around with young kids? These crimes above are surely worse?
Shakespeare wrote:Friends, Romans, Countrymen, I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do live after them. The good is oft interred with the bones,
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus, hath told you Caesar was ambitious ...
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Respect where respect is due, my grandmother is the same age as Jankers and has more virtue in her little finger than DJ.

Everyone knows she is without basic manners, yet people still chose to believe she is all virtuous.
in the night
Not sure

Post by in the night »

ex-l wrote:Like it or not, King Janak Kripalani takes the fruit and carries the legal and spiritual responsibility of her title "Chief Administrator of the BKWSU". If one does not like that, do not take the title.
Maybe she can renounce and we'll see what happens to those who are benefiting from her title.

Anyways, I was just wanting to focus on this important matter and have no special interested in saving her butty :P.