Did the Government actually take over Om Mandli property etc

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Did the Government actually take over Om Mandli property etc

Post by fluffy bunny »

From a 1939 report in the Times of India. It is stated that the Indian Government was actually going to take over Om Mandli's buildings & funds?

Did this actually happen?

It's not in either history as far a I know.

Thanks.
OM MANDLI

Government to take over buildings & funds

Karachi August 22 1939

The Sind Government have decided to take over all the buildings occupied by Dada Lekhraj and the funds belonging to the Om Mandli.

Government also propose to inform landlords that any bungalows occupied by Om Mandli and Om Nivas will be taken into Government's possession.

- Time of India, August 23 1939
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Did the Government actually take over Om Mandli property

Post by mbbhat »

Any link address to the soft copies of news paper cuttings?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Did the Government actually take over Om Mandli property

Post by fluffy bunny »

Try: here

I read on. It seems Om Mandli was deemed unlawful, it was disbanded (even Om Radhe went home), and the government did requisition its property in Karachi.

May 22 1939 is the date I have so far.

It strikes me this is a very different set of events from the BK version and begs the question what actually happened between then and leaving for Mount Abu?