Brian Bacon / Oxford Leadership and charging for Raja Yoga

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
freedom
ex-BK

Re: Brian Bacon / Oxford Leadership and charging for Raja Yoga

Post by freedom »

hi ... been away from the forum a little bit but getting the posts ... well, after watching BBacon on Youtube ... can you see how they work on people's mind ??? he, himself, after 123 years (!!!!) of studying did not know what to say to the guy, only that YOU MUST FEAR THE SHARK WITHIN YOU ...

PLEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... why search for FEAR, SHARKS, DARKNESS within ourselves to find light??? sorry, I am just so far from this truth, or 'their truth' ... and, of course, the only way would be through Easy Raja Yoga ...

Time for coffee ... bread and cheese ... my sharks ... my favorite fears !!!! ;).
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

I've just discovered that his 'Swimming with Sharks" teachings may compare with a book on the market place thats now available, written by someone else and under a slightly different title.

I'll try find the time to obtain the full details of that book and especially the original published date.
john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

freedom wrote:PLEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... why search for FEAR, SHARKS, DARKNESS within ourselves to find light??? sorry, I am just so far from this truth,
Agreed Freedom. Brian is busy bringing home the bacon here. His ability to sell books seems to override rasher considerations such as benefit to the reader. Plain and simple, love is good and fear is not. B.Bacon may be the shark that people should fear. I recognise that I may not be seeing the whole picture but from what I've seen so far this shark is in need of a damn good grilling.

The world is full of people who would create fear in others, often they also provide an antidote ... for a few scratchies. Whilst I am fairly sure that the BK, had I been attending their classes, would have at some point sat me down to listen to B.Bacon I do not hold this against him. If he sends me a copy I will read his book and give a crackling review with no porkies.

Must trot ...
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

john morgan wrote:Whilst I am fairly sure that the BK, had I been attending their classes, would have at some point sat me down to listen to B.Bacon I do not hold this against him. If he sends me a copy I will read his book and give a crackling review with no porkies.
John,

are you 'sow'-ing disrespect here or was that just a grunt of disapproval because I am finding all this 'Brian Bacon taking over the BKWSU' stuff boaring. I am sure that it is not kosher to speak like that and it is absolutely hogwash to suggest that it is not according to Shrimat. We all know that the Kripalani Klan has to bring in the Bacon somehow and greasing a few palms is the way to do it. If BKs feel that they are guinea-pigs in some social experiment, then that is their karma. The SS would roast us if they knew we were talking like this but I am still sure they wont make a silk purse of this all.

As Ronald Reagan once said to me over a gammon steak with a hugely rich and famous businessman from a Fortune 500 company; "'P' stands for Persistence, 'I' stands for Integrity, and 'G' stands for Guts ®".
paulkershaw wrote:I've just discovered that his 'Swimming with Sharks" teachings may compare with a book on the market place thats now available, written by someone else and under a slightly different title. I'll try find the time to obtain the full details of that book and especially the original published date.
Please do. There is a copy of the lecture notes, or something, in the download section, here; Sharks might fly ...

Perhaps; "Strategy of the Dolphin: Scoring a Win in a Chaotic World" a 1989 business book written by Dudley Lynch and Paul L. Kordis?

In a way it is easy to appear impressive in the BK world as none of the rest of them are encouraged or allowed to read books. Ha!
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

From perusal of the links that ex-l has informatively given, it seems that the thinking of Dudley Lynch and Paul L Kordis may have provided an intellectual snack or two for the infallibles of Madhuban. I like the concept of infallibles. I feel very insecure, just to know that there are infallibles makes me feel a little safer but, of course, they are all numberwise. There is only one Supreme Infallible and that is Shiva Baba. But the true twice borns I have met must have been infallible too, else they could not have dispensed Supreme Advice.

I have heard it said (out of BK circles) that when helping someone, it is important to consider that God is working through oneself. This avoids the danger of taking on someone else's karma. I think this is true. At least once (that I can recall at the moment), a huge energy swap has taken place with the person I was trying to help being greatly empowered whilst little old me felt weaker than ever before and had to start again. So the attitude of considering that one is an agent for God is partly one of self protection. The BK, of course, take this much further and in certain situations will say things such as "Baba wants to give you an experience, but you are resisting it."

In this type of situation, we have an angel speaking on behalf of God and telling someone how it is. That God is with me, or at least in close proximity, may be good news but on the other hand its very bad news because I must be corrupt impure and at the bottom of the pile because only God can save me and my karma is that I am resisting him. Such may be the double edged swords that students of the BK have to work out in their own lives.

In a sense every Brahmin is a plagiarist. Every Brahmin digests the Murli and lives their life and speaks their words accordingly. Brian Bacon in passing on the knowledge that sharks do not attack dolphins has merely picked up quite a nice idea and developed it for the Brahmin World. I am assuming this, it could be for example that Mr B. was friends with the authors of "Strategy of the Dolphin" and relayed this idea to them. I'll stop this here.

A schoolboy joke that I recall is that when pigs fly the price of bacon will go up. Of necessity, the BKs need money. Part of the work of this forum is to examine BK methods of fund raising and to apply ethical criteria to them. There have been many religious charlatans on this planet who have been very fond of money. Now I am not saying the BK come into this category, I merely wish to mention an idea that may be of interest to some. Often charlatans arrive at a sticky end because of their fund raising enthusiasm, this as far as I know has not happened to the BK. As considering that one is an agent for God gives one protection in helping type situations could it be that a true attitude of fundraising for God's work also provides protection?

We all know that the BK consider that God incarnates into Dadi Gulzar's body at various times. We also know that the basis of Yoga is faith. Whether or not this mind blowing one off event in world history is true I cannot say but those who find this event very significant seem to benefit. The attitude of trusteeship can be seen throughout the BK world and applies not just to money but is a living reality in every aspect of many BK's entire lives. It therefore follows that to the BK fundraising is part of God's work but for those who disbelieve in or oppose that work it is easy to see how questions arise.

The twinning of absolute infallibility with a dolphin like flexibility may seem like an ideal to some. For now, flexibility and hopefully a little intelligence seem to me reasonable twins. The study of karma takes one not through many books but through every aspect of oneself. Despite this I suspect that "Strategy of the Dolphin" could be a good read, to learn about 'Carps, Sharks and Dolphins' may not be at all fishy ... let's see.