Rape of BK sister in Patna center for four years

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Rape of BK sister in Patna center for four years

Post by arjun »

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article-ht/BIH ... html?seq=2

SHOCKING: 'Brahmakumari' raped for four years at Ishwariya Vishvidyalaya in Patna

PATNA: County's one of the most well-known "Godly University", which offers courses that focus on the benefits of moral and spiritual approaches to life was defamed on Monday. In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old spiritual leader Brahma kumari was allegedly raped for four years by a sewak on the pretext of marriage at the famous Brahmakumaris Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya here.

Sewak Lallan has been accused of raping the spiritual leader. The shameful incident came to light on Monday when the victim along with members of Prem Youth organisation reached Mahila Police station and reported the matter.

The victim alleged that she was not the only Brahmakumari to have faced the sexual assault, but there were also many other, who were going through the shameful act.

Moreover, the brahmakumari was also threatened of dire consequences by the sewak.

She informed that she had reported about the matter to Brahmakumari Anju, who heads the Fatuha located University but to no avail.

Whereas, Brahmakumari rubbished the allegations on Monday. "All the allegations are false," adding, "The 22-year old was accused of misconduct and expelled from the University sometime back."

Notably, Brahmakumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU)is a well known spiritual value based educational institution that has gained global acceptance and unique international recognition. One of the most famous faces of Brahmakumari sisters, "Brahmakumari Shivani" has given many speeches about 'Art of Joyful Living' at several reputed institutes including the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Rape of BK Sister in Patna center for four years

Post by fluffy bunny »

I question the use of the hard word "rape".

It sounds like she was either duped into having a sexual relationship by a BK brother, or knowing had one and then is trying to save face by "crying rape". Rape is through force and violence.

Was she truly raped again and again for 4 years, or just duped that if she did so, he would married her?

However, it is bad enough that behind a facade of false holiness some BK took advantage of a girl ... and then the institution does its usual thing of accusing the individual and trying to make then look bad.

What makes it worse is that it appears she did the right thing and reported it to a senior ... so what is really going on?
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

The point to be noted is that the victim reported the matter to the senior but no action was taken and secondly the victim states that she was not the only Brahmakumari to have faced the sexual assault, but there were also many other, who were going through the shameful act.

It is also to be noted that the above incident was not reported in any other national TV news channel or any national newspaper. But in 2011 when a PBK sister voluntarily ran away from her home to join AIVV (after informing the local police), the same BKWSU allegedly used its resources to publicise the issue and defame AIVV all over India through print and electronic media while issuing a clarification that it has nothing to do with AIVV. The same strategy was adopted when a BK sister alleged that she was molested in a BK center in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. That incident was also reported only in one newspaper. Is there any deliberate attempt to suppress the spread of such news?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:Is there any deliberate attempt to suppress the spread of such news?
Of course ... the BK spin doctors will be working over time and the sisters will be out taking holy sweeties to the editors and journalists inviting them for a free holiday to Madhuban.

I found the latest report interesting ... look at the bare faced lie the BKs tell, "Rani Devi, a member of the organization, on Wednesday claimed, 'Neither Anila nor Lalan were members of the organization. People get official membership only after six years of association with the organization. They were working for us, but the girl should not defame the organization'".

Firstly, the arrogance and insensitivity that the only thing she can think of it to say the "unpaid worker" should not defame the organization ... but what is this nonsense she is lying to the newspaper saying, "People get official membership only after six years of association".

Is this true in India? I have no heard of *ANY* Western BKs getting "official membership" ever. Indeed, they *LEGALLY* state they have "no members".

Typical two faced BKs ... "We are a religion, we are not a religion ... we have members, we have no members ... we are a family, we are an organization" ... can the BKs please make up their minds!

It sounds like the BKs are accusing the poor girl in true caste and patriarchal fashion. In my opinion, her poverty is being used against her ... a complete lack of spiritual values.
Brahmakumari 'sevika' case: Medical report confirms rape

Sayantanee Choudhury, TNN Sep 26, 2013,

Patna police on Wednesday recorded the statement of Anila (name changed) before a lower court here. She had on Monday lodged an FIR with the Patna women police station alleging rape and sexual assault by one Lalan Kumar after promising to marry her. Both of them were workers of Prajapita Brahmakumari, a spiritual organization.

According to police sources, the primary medical report of Anila confirmed her allegations, including the abortion charges. "Five villagers from Fatuha visited the women police station and supported her complaints," said a police officer.

Rani Devi, a member of the organization, on Wednesday claimed, "Neither Anila nor Lalan were members of the organization. People get official membership only after six years of association with the organization. They were working for us, but the girl should not defame the organization. She took help from an NGO and we wish she gets justice. We hope our members will come out clean in police probe." Patna police have detained four members of the organization.

However, while addressing a presser on Tuesday, Rani had claimed, "Anila had been forced to leave the organization six months back as we were getting reports about her misconduct. On the basis of her complaint to the organization, Lalan was also made to resign one month back."

Anila, a 'sevika' of Prajapita Brahmakumari, had said in her FIR, "Lalan (35), a male coordinator of the Fatuha branch of the organization, had been sexually assaulting her since she joined the organization in 2009." Initially, he used to molest her, but later he allegedly started having physical relationship with her.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Is this true in India? I have no heard of *ANY* Western BKs getting "official membership" ever. Indeed, they *LEGALLY* state they have "no members".
I have never heard any such rule during my days as a BK or even after becoming an ex-BK (through my BK friends).

And when the AIVV frames rules for its membership that a new member has to undergo bhatti and give a letter of faith (as per directions given in the Murlis) then the BKs like mbbhat criticize the PBKs for this. PBKs even have to sign on an attendance register every time they visit the AIVV center (mini-Madhubans) or Gitapathshala. So, neither the Member nor AIVV can deny the membership just as the Patna BKWSU has disowned the concerned BKs involved in the alleged rape.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:I have never heard any such rule during my days as a BK or even after becoming an ex-BK (through my BK friends).
So, basically she has been told how to lie and followed orders ... here she is, "Queen Deity" BK Rani Devi.
brahmakumari.jpg
Narsatya
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To discuss various aspects of knowledge, from 'limited' and 'unlimited' perspectives or viewpoints.

Post by Narsatya »

Recently in news BKs are lesbians; someone being forced to have physical relation with same sex :(
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

There appears to be a TV report of this or another rape case ... I cannot tell which.

I am quite surprised. It seems to be a spreading problem and finally hitting the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4qa948ZLOU
anmol77
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Just curious to know more about the actual occurrences behind the evident masquerades!

Post by anmol77 »

Was she truly raped (FORCIBLY, against her WILL), again and again for 4 years, or just duped or TRICKED, that if she would voluntarily or consensually comply, he would marry her???

NOOR
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Post by mbbhat »

It is an unfortunate incident. Some mistakes do happen, even here.

But, if we see the world status- even the developed countries are having this problem to a highest level. - http://katehon.com/389-top-10-countries ... crime.html