www.Murli.info

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
Abhimanyu
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a PBK. I want to join this forum so that I can share my thoughts of knowledge presently being given by ShivBaba among BKs and PBKs.

Re: www.Murli.info

Post by Abhimanyu »

sita wrote: Is it also that the search mashine reads the titles of the files, does it matter if they are called Murlis, does it help to find them when you search for Murli.
Being a Software Developer, I can assure you that search machine(engine) do read the titles of the html web page. So encode the titles(containing word 'Murli') in
"<h1>" tag as it gives highest importance to your titles on a particular web page.
Shivaka.bachha
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: undersatnd the GOD by taking info

Post by Shivaka.bachha »

Please upload remaining old Murlis on www.Murli.com web site.
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

The site has been discontinued. The Murlis are available here:
http://PBKs.info/Murli_s.html
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

The link is still active. The Murli batch is nearly 8 GB.

https://mega.co.nz/#!CU1FCQhK!Azgvz1Ang ... I9aNQVsoUQ
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

It would be a lot better if the 'text only' version could be made public - rather than pdfs - as they are far more easily searchable and picked up by search engines.

What is in the 8GB .rar file ... pdfs?

For a long time the BKs, who were making specific efforts to make it difficult for people to access the Murlis, used PDF 'image' files, which was the stupidest format possible to do so ... as it made them very large and impossible to search through.

The text only files must have existed in the first place to make them, do they exist now independently of the BKWSU?

Are these translations from the most original versions or recordings, and dated accordingly?

Thanks.
sita

Post by sita »

In the batch, these are good quality, but very large bmp files that are the scanned images of the paper media. Some are very hard to read, some are even in handwriting. These are supposed to be the early transcriptions of the audio records.

You could find searchable Murlis here:
http://PBKs.info/Murli_s.html

although these are in pdf, but these are searchable pdf.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

They may be individually searchable, but not collectively searchable.

Why not just .txt files? Far smaller files to manage.

I've been begging for years for some group to just sit down and crack this one ... it's amazing to be that any religion, never mind "god's own" religion, cannot just sort out such an obvious and core thing to do. That was the idea behind the collection in the bkinfo encyclopaedia. You could even overlay each revision and see how they have been changed.

The BKs leaders could, of course, do it in a click of their fingers. That they don't - and instead invest in chopping them about and hiding them - says much to me about how much they really care about the teachings.

Same too with the BKs here and their constant brow-beating with abstracted and unofficial quotes taken out of context.

If you try the search feature of the link above, you will see how you can instantly see numerous instances of the same term or concept in order to gain better understanding.

I think the BKs just started using "secure" uneditable PDFs because they did not want anyone else changing them ... even though they were! Since then, we've been stuck with them.
sita

Post by sita »

I am sorry, the files in the batch are PSD and one needs Photoshop to open them.

Converting pdf to txt does not seem to be a difficult task. Even a single person could do it.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

It's a lot quicker and easier just to ask the person that has the text files (which were used to make the PDFs in the first place) to give them to you (one/us).

There are problems with trying to convert PDFs to text.

Sometimes it does not work at all (depending on what kind of file it is). Pretty much all of them would have to be individually checked to make sure they were accurate and had not included stuff like page numbers, or multiple copies of days and dates (that are on each page). And it would not work on BMP or PSD files at all as that would have to rely on OCR, which is notoriously buggy and inaccurate.

Trust me, I've tried.

.txt files say it all, can be read on any device, and are quick to download.

As most downloaders will be in India and likely to be using mobile phones now, .txt is the way to go.

Could some group, or all groups working together, please make it a seva project to do? I've done 100s in English but I don't have a complete and original set to work from.

I don't know why the BK lack the commonsense, value for the teachings, and resist doing so. I accept PBKs have made efforts in this area but they lack the resources the BKs have.
sita

Post by sita »

Do you intend to make this searchable feature on the PBKs.info site or on bkinfo?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

After it is done once, anyone can have it wherever they want ... on a website, on a PC or a USB stick, as an app on a mobile phone, print it out singly or as a book, etc.

It should be Open Source and available to all, like the Bible, Koran, Tao Te Ching and other scriptures are, not monopolised and drip fed by a few to a few.

At present the complete download is, what, 8GB, and at the end you cannot even search through it? You could reduce that to, say, a couple of MB at the most.

All BKs should have a copy of all Murlis as a right. If you had any idea how many requests we have had from BKs wanting copies of the Murli you would understand.

It's incredibly selfish of the leaders to withhold them.

It would also transform discussion because all BKs would have all the knowledge at their finger-tips instead of a few holding all the power and manipulating it as they like.
sita

Post by sita »

IMO the batch is not good, but the Murlis on the PBKs.info are very good, they are in nice order and searchable, well you cannot search in all of them, but one day we can also have this.

I cannot help but recognize the great effort the BKs have made with Om Shanti.com. Started by a single person and with a bit of reservation from the leadership, today I think it receives support and recognition from the leadership and no doubt blessings from many. There is stock of all Avyakt Vanis, many, many books, Murlis in different formats and languages, songs, classes, etc., all for free.

The Murli stock is not of searchable pdfs, but still it is of 11 years. These are revised Murlis, but there are the original records of Brahma Baba's voice which is even better than the written old Murlis.

http://bkdrluhar.com/0000-Old%20Htm%20D ... %20Pdf.htm
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

But not *collective* searchable.

For example, if I want to search for every use of "Elevated directions" in every Murli, and examine the context in which it is used, I can do so in a second. If I want to find and date any quote that someone else uses, I can also do so.

Then, if I wanted to see the difference between the revision of the Murli and it's original version, I could also do so too. (This is a limited example of how changes are mapped, as I don't have a proper example set up). We could document the changes as they were made.

I think we (PBKs and ex-BKs) get a credit for forcing the BKs to have to finally allow the Murlis to go public via Dr Luhar by making them public first ... but they, the BK leadership, are still dragging their heels over the issue and not doing it freely, openly, and well (as usual).

Om Shanti.com only seems to offer the most recent Murlis, and the most recent revisions.

I think what we need to do is go right back to the spoken version, and check them against the oldest printed revision for accuracy. Then translate from them.

I think both Virendra Dev Dixit and Shivsena have very old original revision, perhaps from the 1970s to work from.

It amazes me how leaders or adherents of a religion have no real interest in getting this right. I would have thought it was the most important priority ... but then again, it says a lot to me about the nature and priorities of the BKWSU leadership (monopoly or power, control and exploitation of following, manipulation and misleading), and how we have had to struggle against their particular influence.
shivsena
ex-PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To find out the absolute Truth.

Post by shivsena »

To all bk-pbk soul brothers.

Please read today's Murli 31-12-15 carefully and compare it with Murlis of other days.

Imo....today's Murli is a pre-1965 revised Murli spoken by Mama.....one can easily see the lucid streamlined explanation of Gyan compared to Murlis of other days, where there are random jumbled statements, where the preceding sentence has no connection with the succeeding sentence.

Please share your views.
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Post by mbbhat »

today's Murli 31-12-15
Imo....today's Murli is a pre-1965 revised Murli spoken by Mama.....one can easily see the lucid streamlined explanation of Gyan compared to Murlis of other days, where there are random jumbled statements, where the preceding sentence has no connection with the succeeding sentence.
I believe that in the above Murli class, most of the words would be Mama's, but are mixed too (some Sakar Murli words would also be naturally added, since same is only an explanation or further clarification of the original Murli spoken by ShivBaba through His 'mukrar-rath', Brahma Baba).

IMO, any special human soul who gives a lecture would speak in a streamlined manner only.

The original Murlis may appear to be random, jumbled statements, but they take us much higher. The sweetness and authority is more in the original Sakar Murlis. Vastness of knowledge is also more. (of course, there may be some apparent confusions too, which would obviously be due to the vastness of the subject, as well as some homework for the children). Not much knowledge is available in Mama's Murli classes, like about- contrasts between ShivBaba, Prajapita, Jagadamba, maatpita, GGGF, etc, etc.

Mama's Murli classes look like being mainly directed for extra nourishment of the children in the Yagya, which are not as broad as the original Murlis (ShivBaba's, directly through DLR). ShivBaba's Murlis address or share or delineate innumerable subjects, worldly or about time cycle or about scriptures.

But, Mama's Murli classes give some extra clarification about the original Sakar Murlis. Spiritual magic (and even puzzles too) is much higher in the original Murlis than in Mama's Murli classes.

ShivBaba has much higher work when compared to Mama. He is Ocean of Knowledge and has to deliver various points of Knowledge. But, Mama will play/speak only on what ShivBaba has already spoken earlier.

The sweetness and authority of Sakar Murlis as well as Avyakt Murlis/Vanis is much higher than Mama's Murli classes (or classes of Dadi Janki). But, Mama's Murli classes are very close to them in explicitness, no doubt about it.

ShivBaba says- I perform dance of Knowledge, obviously His words may sometimes look like being random (since individual souls are at various levels of spiritual evolution). But, they have highest simplicity, down to the bottom, and at the same time highest greatness. ShivBaba knows pulse of children, so speaks in such a way that will bring utmost benefit to maximum number of souls with variety of Bhakti sanskars. In front of ShivBaba, Mama or B baba are nothing. Hence they cannot be expected to perform such a level of Gyan dance as God Himself.

I believe - All (ShivBaba, B Baba or Mama) would put a limit to their own authority while speaking. ShivBaba binds himself within the framework of drama. And, Mama would also speak by giving utmost respect and regard to ShivBaba and B Baba. Both ShivBaba and B baba have kept Mama ahead than themselves! Wonderful Godly Family.

ShivBaba has kept quiet in drama till the end of Kalpa. He has such an egoless, simple, and unlimited tolerance. When all fail, then only HE comes, and plays the most hero/principal act. So, naturally His original Murlis will be unique.