Blessings

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Blessings

Post by fluffy bunny »

Since my time in the BKWSU, the Brahma Kumaris appear to have develop a cult of "giving blessings" in many ways.

In my time, that basically did not happen and I don't see much indication or advocacy of it in the Murlis. It strikes me that it has been develop to further exploit superstitious Hindus and has since been incorporated as it was deemed a successful PR strategy. You often see pictures of the Dadis with their hands up in a typical guru-like giving blessing pose.

Philosophically, I do not even see how it fits in to karma etc. It seems like Bhakti seeping back into Gyan to me.

Can any more sincere Murli scholar than I or historian comment on this?
Where does it fit in to the Knowledge?
How and when did it start?

It seems they give blessings for anything, even things they don't believe in like marriages.

Or buying new cars ... when was putting tilaks on new cars mentioned in the Murlis? Of course, I suppose it is all good for donations ...
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: Blessings

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. Baba has categorically stated in the Murlis that He doesn't give blessings to anyone. Each one blesses himself or herself through his/her own thoughts, words and actions. This practice of giving blessings has started some time after Brahma Baba's demise. It was not so prevalent in the 1970s, but started becoming popular in the 1980s and 1990s among the BKs. And now it has become a norm. The BK teachers give blessings for every new house, vehicle or any other major thing purchased by any BK, any business started by a BK, on marriages, birthdays, etc. Yes, it is an indirect way to earn money. The richer the student, the more the expenditure involved to get blessings. It is the poor BKs who suffer a lot in this competition to get blessings as they can hardly manage such huge expenditures that the richer BKs make.

“तुम बच्चों को बहुत सम्भाल रखनी है। दूसरी मत पर चला यह मरा। बाबा को लिखते हैं – बाबा, माया को कहो हम पर दया करे, इतना हैरान न करे। बाबा कहते – नहीं, अभी तो माया को हम आर्डर करते हैं कि खूब तूफान मचाओ। दुःख के, विकर्मों के एकदम पहाड़ गिराओ। अच्छी तरह नाक से पकड़कर फथकाओ, देखो स्वर्ग के लायक हैं? ऐसे थोड़े ही कहेंगे कृपा करो, आशीर्वाद करो। स्कूल में टीचर किस पर भी कृपा करते हैं क्या? उन्हें तो पढ़ना है। यह नालेज है, अन्धश्रद्धा की कोई बात नहीं। यह कोई कामन सतसंग नहीं है। यह है ईश्वरीय सतसंग।“ (ब्रह्माकुमारियों द्वारा प्रकाशित रिवाइज़्ड साकार मुरली दिनांक २२.०४.०८, पृ.४)

“You children should be very careful. As soon as someone follows others’ direction he dies (from the path of knowledge). They write to Baba – Baba, ask Maya to have mercy on us; ask her not to trouble us so much. Baba says – No, now I order Maya to create a lot of storms. (I tell her) Cause the mountains of sorrows and sins to fall on them. Catch them nicely through their nose and trouble them; check whether they are worthy of heaven. Will you say that have mercy (on us), give blessings ? Does teacher show sympathy for anyone in the school? They have to study. This is knowledge; there is no question of blindfaith. This is not a common satsang (spiritual gathering). This is a Godly satsang. (Revised Sakar Murli dated 22.04.08, pg 4 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

“बरोबर भगवान बेहद का बाप राजयोग सिखलाकर ज्ञान से हमारा श्रृंगार कर रहे हैं। फिर भी बुद्धि में नहीं बैठता है तो कहेंगे उसकी तकदीर में नहीं है इसलिए तदबीर नहीं करते। टीचर तो सबको पढ़ाते हैं फिर कोई कितना पढ़ाते हैं, कोई नापास हो जाते हैं। टीचर को थोड़ेही कहेंगे आशीर्वाद करो। पढ़ाई में आशीर्वाद, कृपा आदि नहीं चलती है। ज्ञान मार्ग में तो बाप तुमको नमस्ते करते हैं। कृपा वा आशीर्वाद नहीं मांगनी है। बाप के पास बच्चा आया तो वह मालिक ही बन जाता है। बाप कहते हैं यह तो मालिक है, कृपा की बात नहीं। बाप की मिलकियत सो बच्चे की हो गई। हाँ, बाकी बच्चों को सुधारना वह फिर टीचर का काम है। टीचर कहेंगे पढ़ो। पढ़ना तुम्हारा काम है। कृपा क्या करेंगे? गुरू का भी फ़र्ज़ है रास्ता बताना, सद्गति मार्ग का। आशीर्वाद की बात नहीं। यह तो एक ही बाप, टीचर, गुरू है। तीनों से कृपा मांगने की बात नहीं। बेसमझ मनुष्यों को बाप बैठ समझ देते हैं। यह तो उनकी आशीर्वाद है ही। बाकी उस पर चलना बच्चों का काम है।“(ब्रह्माकुमारियों द्वारा प्रकाशित रिवाइज़्ड साकार मुरली दिनांक २१.१०.०८, पृ.२)

“God, the unlimited Father is definitely decorating us with knowledge by teaching us Rajyog. Despite that if it does not fit into the intellect, it will be said that he is not fortunate enough that is why he does not make efforts. Teacher teaches everyone, even then some study so much and some fail. Teacher cannot be asked to give blessings. Blessings, favour are of no use in studies. In the path of knowledge the Father says namaste to you. You should not seek favour or blessings. When a child comes to the Father he becomes the master. The Father says – this one is a master; there is no question of favour. The Father’s property becomes the child’s property. Yes, it is a teacher’s job to reform the children. Teacher will say – study. It is your job to study. How can he give favours? Guru’s job is also to show the path of true salvation. There is no question of blessings. This one is a Father, Teacher and Guru. There is no question of seeking favour from all the three. The Father gives wisdom to the ignorant human beings. This itself is His blessing. As far as following that path is concerned, it is the children’s job."(Revised Sakar Murli dated 21.10.08, pg 2 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)