"Om Mandli", a true and authenticated story 1940

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

"Om Mandli", a true and authenticated story 1940

Post by fluffy bunny »

An original copy of the 1940s book ... see link below.
... '"Om Mandli",
A true and authenticated story
about its activities being a reply to
Is This Justice'

by the Bhaibund Om Mandli Committee
of Hyderabad Sind (1940)...
has been found beyond the reach and censorship of the BKWSU and is being released to the public for the first time in 70 years. It is worth noting that;
  • a) others copies of it do exist,
    b) that the BKWSU has at least one,
    c) that the BKWSU is hiding its contents from its supporters and adherents,
    d) that the BKWSU has made no efforts to share it or inform us of its existence whatsoever (despite its dependency on forum for its most recent historical revision work and the inspiration taken from our work),
    e) that the BKWSU has changed and censored what little parts of it it has released.
The book sheds light upon the early days of the Om Mandli that turns upside down the Brahma Kumaris' "official history", and the portrayal of their gurus and their early critics.

In particular, it documents the intimate, luxurious and even sensual relationships between Lekhraj Kirpalani and the girls and young women of the Om Mandli.

Note, the book again refers to the mysterious Saddhu to which Lekhraj Kirpalani is reported to have paid 10,000 Rupees to learn some mystical art, and accuses Kripalani in highly modern terms of running a cult and using hypnotism. It lays bear a version of the activities of the Om Mandli that are far more believable than the BKWSU's fictional creation and was written in English. The book contains numerous authenticated witnesses statements, letters of support from various social organizations and copies of newspaper articles of the time.

----------
This version has been faithfully typed out in full to create a smaller file and to allow easy searching. It's hoped that a pictorial copy of an authenticated copy of the original will be released as time allows in case there is any doubt as to the authenticity of it.
Title-good.jpg
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: "Om Mandli", a true and authenticated story 1940

Post by fluffy bunny »

Updated version, I corrected a few minor typographic errors, e.g. "CHief" to "Chief" etc. Sorry ...

The book raises numerous problems for the BKWSU and its "official" version of history crumbles even further. It strikes me that there is support for the possibility that the BKWSU has created a composite figure out of more than one individual but that much of the inspiration for the faked version of Lekhraj Kirpalani's biography, e.g. the holy or moral elements, did *not* come from Lekhraj Kirpalani's life story.

The book clarified that Narain Shewakram/Sevakram, who became the secretary for the Bhaibund Committee, was not the business partner and names one "Shewakram Khubchand Daswani" as the business partner.
AFFIDA VIT I, Shewakram Khubchand Daswani, state on solemn affirmation as under:-

1. That I have known Lekhraj Khubchand, founder of the Om Mandli since the last thirty five years. His age at present in 54 years.
2. That I was his partner in the concern of Messers Lekhraj Shewakram at Calcutta.
3. That some 8 years ago, he and I were passing by a place where a Sadhu was saying that he could initiate any one into a secret provided he paid him a handsome sum. That there-after Lekhraj used to visit this Sadhu and in a few days he withdrew from his account a sum of Rs 10,000. That thereafter he gave up his connection with business.
4. That Lekhraj always lived a very luxurious life and is a very clever man.
5. That I know it for a fact that he did not live a pure moral life.

Sd/- Shewakram Khubanchand Deponent.
Identified by G.J. Waswani Solemnly affirmed this 25th day of February 1939

What is meant by, "That I know it for a fact that he did not live a pure moral life."

Elsewhere it has been said Shewakram Khubchand Daswani was a relative of Lekhraj Kirpalani, his full name being Lekhraj Khubchand Kripalani.

It seems that some of the Advance Knowledge is therefore a bit wobby around this area, a) as by 1939/1940 Shewakram was already taking sides against Lekhraj Kirpalani, and b) mention under oath of a separate Sadhu. "8 years ago" places the event in 1931/32.
An_Reply_to_Is_This_Justice_by_Om_Radhe.pdf
(717.29 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Latest version with photos ... I think the so called Anti-Party (Bhaibund Om Mandli Committee) look very different from how the Brahma Kumaris present them. Notice also it was co-lead by a woman, Gopi Mangharam, and had other female supporters.

Any information on these individuals would be welcome.
Attachments
An_Reply_to_Is_This_Justice_by_Om_Radhe-latest.pdf
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 1263 times
Roy
Affinity to the BKWSU: questioning BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

Thank you for the information fluffy Bhai, it certainly makes for interesting reading.

I notice that the age of Dada Lekhraj was stated as being 54 in 1939, which puts his age around 50 in 1936, which fits with advance knowledge teachings.

I also found the reference to Shewakram Khubchand Daswani of interest, but i have a feeling that this is not the Sevak Ram of advanced knowledge; as i believe SK Daswani died a long time after 1942, if i have the right person in mind. But the reference to the event with the sadhu, in 1932, does fit with the Murli point about Sevak Ram(Prajapita) who died in 1942.

"He(Prajapita-Ram) stayed (with Dada Lekhraj) for 10 years... she(Sita-Adi Radha) used to enter trance. They used to teach Mama(Om Radhe) and Baba(Dada Lekhraj) the drill (of meditation). Baba used to enter into them and give directions... they commanded so much respect. They are not present today. There wasn’t so much knowledge at that time." [Mu 25.07.67]
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Roy wrote:I notice that the age of Dada Lekhraj was stated as being 54 in 1939 ...
He was 54 in 1938 too (that was signed in February), which would make him 52 in 1936 and 48 in 1932 when it was all supposed to have started. I think there is a birth certificate of him around somewhere which would confirm this. Funny that the BKWSU does not show this too.
I also found the reference to Shewakram Khubchand Daswani of interest, but i have a feeling that this is not the Sevak Ram of advanced knowledge; as i believe SK Daswani died a long time after 1942, if i have the right person in mind. But the reference to the event with the sadhu, in 1932, does fit with the Murli point about Sevak Ram(Prajapita) who died in 1942.
What lokik information do you have about Shewakram Khubchand Daswani or this yet another individual?

We have two Shewakram/Sevakrams now, one the above and the other, Narain, a young man who became a secretary to the Bhaibund Om Mandli Committee.

Why shouldn't we believe the affidavit exactly as it is signed and written? (It is also what I was told by an elderly Sindi who knew the Om Mandli. Why would this individual fabricate such a story?

We have the list of Om Mandli Members dated 1938 prepared for the court, who was he then?

Elsewhere others have said, "PBKs say that from 1937 to 1947 Sevak Ram/Chotamata/Badi Mata taught the bap Gyan" and that the name "sevakram" not being mentioned in any Murli ... "it is only mentioned in one of the BK comic book "Bacchon ke Baba"".

Of course, the Advance Knowledge has been repeated as saying ...
Lekhraj’s business reached Bengal, where he set up a partnership enterprise together with Sevak Ram. Sevak Ram was his relative and Lekraj’s most trusted confidant with whom he used to have regular consultations. Together they opened a shop with diamonds and jewelry in the most famous business center in Calcutta. The shop named Lakhi Raj-Sevak Ram&Sons
Which would point to this individual.
dyavu
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Research purpose.

Post by dyavu »

Gopi Mangaram was the daughter of Mukhi Mangaram, president of Anti Om Mandali committe. She did B.A graduation at that time. Mukhi was 3 daughters and she was the eldest daughter. She was head of women wing..

If you check the names of Anti om mandali committee in that book, most people were relatives and family members of Om Mandali. For example Prakashmani Dadi & her sister was part of Om Mandali and her brother in law (sister's husband) was part of Anti Om Mandali and names goes on....
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Yes, although it seems Gopi Mangharam actually had her BA and a BT (teaching). The three daughters of Mukhi Mangharam, Saraswatibai BA, Shrimati Vidya MA, Shrimati Gopibai, a JP, were amongst the first Bhaibund girls to receive higher education and went on to form the Bhaibund Nari Sabha.

In addition to which Lekhraj Kirpalani's daughter was married into the Mangharam family, and I understand Kripalani had even bought property (his primary home) from the Mukhi. If I remember correctly, Lekhraj Kirpalani removed his daughter from the Mangharam leaving an infant child behind which would be shocking even today.

The point I would like to make here is that the story we were told is that the "evil" Anti-Party was reacting against the "pure and holy" Om Mandli ... but that the true picture which is emerging is that Lekhraj Kirpalani and the Om Mandli were being extremely selfish, indulgent and, perhaps, even considerably immoral.

The Mangharam family were highly educated and yet being insulted as ignorant and devils and so on by the wealthy but entirely uneducated Lekhraj Kirpalani and his puppet Om Radhe.

The book also records how the Brahma Kumaris lived lives of luxury whilst spending their time doing little but devising new way to encult new followers ... again, pretty much just like today.
Roy
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

fluffy bunny wrote:What lokik information do you have about Shewakram Khubchand Daswani or this yet another individual?
This is what a PBK had to say on facebook about this matter, several months ago. I have placed some extra information in brackets, to help clarify which Sevakram is being talked about in connection with being the Prajapita-Ram, spoken of in advance Knowledge; as well as slightly tidying up the grammar and general presentation of the quote...

"How many partners did Lekhraj Kirpalani have?.. Dada Lekhraj had more than one shop in Kolkatta. Even to this day there are pending cases against Dada Lekhraj in the courts of Kolkaata, some of them relating to forcibly occupying land, some relating to non-payment of rent and other matters. So this person called Narain Sevakram, who was the secretary of anti Om Mandali, was not one of his partners; and was based in Srilanka... although his family resided and still continue to stay in Kolkatta. The Sevakram who was his partner for some 35 years, was called Sevakram Khubchand Daswani... and it was he who testified in the court case against Dada Lekhraj. He died in Mumbai around the 1960s. Again, Sevakram seems to be a common name in sindhis and the Sevakram(Prajapita-Ram) who is being referred to here(i.e. in connection with being the permanent Chariot of Father Shiv) was only a manager-partner, not a funding partner. He was not wealthy, but was very smart/intelligent in understanding diamond quality and extremely trustworthy, apart from being his(Dada Lekhraj's) brother in law. This man had no offspring. But when the split was to be decided, that's when it is said some accounting malpractise took place... and as a karmic consequence of this; in the next life, which we believe is the life of Virendra Dev Dixit; he was born in extreme poverty (in Ahmedgunj, Farrukhabad, UP). Most important thing is Dadi Nirmal Shantha, who was brought up in his aunt's house... The key to the answer about this Sevakram(Prajapita-Ram), is with Nirmal Shantha Dadi and Narayan Dada. Sadly, she is being injected with heavy dosages of medicine, under the care of the BKWSU; and is not allowed to talk openly... But sooner or later, either she or Narayan Dada, will spill the beans as to what happened in the start of the Yagya. As for Virendra Dev Dixit to answer, he will not; as it is not his part to share these things. As mentioned earlier also, wait for the right time; you will get all the answers. Even Brahma Baba as recently as 2.2.12 in the Avayat Vani, never gave the answer to BK Brijmohan, when he was asked about Gita Sermonizer. One has to wait for the right time and the right moment..."
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Could the story of the saddhu still fit into the picture? As in Lekhraj Kirpalani went to learn spiritualism or mediumship from a saddhu and *then* it all started. Then the partner interpreted the visions or meanings? The trouble is, there is no record of what exactly he said at that time and why, if he stuck around to 1942, he allowed Lekhraj Kirpalani to carry on as he did.

Or is the inference that the money transaction refers to this shop manager? It does not make sense that Shewakram Khubachand would sign an affidavit saying it when, if as a business partner, he knew it was just a shop manager.

What does permanent mean to the PBKs? In English, permanent means continuing without a break or until the end, so Virendra Dev Dixit cannot be the permanent Chariot simply because there was a break of x years whilst Lekhraj Kirpalani allegedly took over. Final, ultimate or perhaps conclusive might be a better word.

And rather than "not his role", perhaps "does not even know himself" might be a more accurate way to express it.

So, what's your and their opinion of the book then? Do you think it is an accurate representation of the Om Mandli? Do you think the Om Mandli might have been even hotter in the beginning?
He used to preach that there was no difference between males and females and that whatever was done by males and females inside Om Mandli became sanctified. He preached no restraint in sex matters between males and females who were members of the Om Mandli because on account of Mandli Gian whatever they did could not amount to sin. He preached also against wives meeting their non-member husbands who were considered as dogs without Om Mandli Gian. He preached against marriage and said that marriage was a sacrifice to Kali.
This is quite important because if it is true, it complete turns upside down the BKs falsehoods.
Roy

Post by Roy »

fluffy bunny wrote:Could the story of the saddhu still fit into the picture? As in Lekhraj Kirpalani went to learn spiritualism or mediumship from a saddhu and *then* it all started.
The information i have quoted does not affect the testimony of Sevakram Khubachand at all imo. His accounts may or may not be totally accurate, i don't know for sure. These things such as Dada Lekhraj going to the saddhu could have occured in 1932, 4-5 years before Father Shiv entered Sevak Ram(Prajapaita-Ram) to explain the meaning of his visions. But Dada Lekhraj would not have known he was Krishna, or believed this to be so, until around 1936/7, as i understand it.
fluffy bunny wrote:Or is the inference that the money transaction refers to this shop manager? It does not make sense that Shewakram Khubachand would sign an affidavit saying it when, if as a business partner, he knew it was just a shop manager.
Which money transaction are you referring to... the payment of the saddhu for his secrets, or the accounting malpractise?
fluffy bunny wrote:What does permanent mean to the PBKs? In English, permanent means continuing without a break or until the end, so Virendra Dev Dixit cannot be the permanent Chariot simply because there was a break of x years whilst Lekhraj Kirpalani allegedly took over. Final, ultimate or perhaps conclusive might be a better word.
The word permanent is used, because the bodies(Sevak Ram & Virendra Dev Dixit) of the same soul Ram, are used in the beginning and the end of the Confluence Age, to play the role of the true Prajapita.The continuity is in terms of the same soul of Ram playing this part. It has been likened in advance knowledge to when a deputy headmaster takes over running a school, whilst the true headmaster is away. Dada Lekhraj was only the Chariot and title holder of Prajapita, in the middle section of the Confluence Age, and so is called the temporary Chariot. These are relative terms, in order to distinguish between the two roles.
fluffy bunny wrote:And rather than "not his role", perhaps "does not even know himself" might be a more accurate way to express it.
No, i believe the quote is accurate... The impact of the true facts coming from a source or sources who were there at the time, and are still alive, will be much more powerful. Anything coming from Virendra Dev Dixit on this matter, will not be seen as truth by the BKs anyway... But when a BK's or impartial testimony backs up the advance knowledge teachings; this will be a big bombshell. PBKs believe the teachings of Father Shiv through Virendra Dev Dixit in any case; but the facts are necessary, because they will remove any doubt that exists for all concerned. It's a totally fascinating time to be following these events, with the anticipation of the whole truth emerging, in the very near future.
fluffy bunny wrote:So, what's your and their opinion of the book then? Do you think it is an accurate representation of the Om Mandli? Do you think the Om Mandli might have been even hotter in the beginning?
I do not know is the simple answer. I do not reject it out of hand, because i know Adi Dev is a fairy tale, and always thought so, even in my early days as a BK. When DL found out he was Krishna, he did act in an egotistical manner, believing himself to be God. We have to remember, he was a tamopradhan soul in 1936, full of vices including lust. Krishna is supposed to have had many gopis, and he may have gone with the flow of these beliefs and the lustful sanskars that would definately be present within him. This would be a 'heady' time for Dada Lekhraj, so although i cannot say if the testimony it totally accurate, it may not be completely fiction either. Imo, there was a mixture of a few powerful truths being narrated by Father Shiv through Prajapita-Ram in relation to the Gita... but still a huge amount of Bhakti present in the minds of these souls. Thus a strange hybrid religion came into being in these very early days, before Father Shiv started to turn this around, with more detailed and accurate knowledge, as time went on. The event of God entering the corporeal world, was never going to be a totally smooth process.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Roy wrote:Which money transaction are you referring to... the payment of the saddhu for his secrets, or the accounting malpractise?
Primarily the payment to the Saddu. Sevakram the business partner is adamant that the 10,000 rupees went to him and then the changes started happening and Lekhraj Kirpalani left the business. This tallies with what other old Sindhis have told me.

To be honest, I'd never heard of the accounting malpractise between the various partners until today. I don't remember it in the Murlis and certainly not in the BKs' version of this history. On Page 33 of Is This Justice? Om Radhe writes to the Government of Sind
Om Radhe wrote:In support of their remarks regards the antecedents of Dada Lekhraj and his life at Calcutta ... The man first selected for this purpose at first was Bhai Shewakram a sleeping partner of Dada Lekhraj and his affidavit was attached to the petition under Section 16 of the Criminal Law ... by Mukhi Mangharam.

But this Bhai Shewakram still owes a substantial amount to Dada as per release deed.
A couple of time PBKs have hinted they have further knowledge but are not sharing it, here (mentioning a Shewakram D.L.) and here (mentioning he was from Calcutta). They also state Narain Shewakram, secretary of the Anti Om Mandli Committee was a "Shewakram Mirchandini".

Therefore, perhaps there is a hint of something else going on here, however, I don't see this male, 60 year old Shewakram DL on the list of Om Mandli members, here, which list the members of the Om Mandli in 1938.

It's been said "Brahma Baba's sister was wife of Sevak Ram". According to the Om Mandali list, Lekhraj Kirpalani's Sister name is Hakki Kismatrai Hathirmani Age 56. No apparent mention of her husband.
No, i believe the quote is accurate ... Anything coming from Veerendra Dev Dixit on this matter, will not be seen as truth by the BKs anyway... But when a BK's or impartial testimony backs up the Advanced Knowledge teachings; this will be a big bombshell.
My experience is he just doesn't know, e.g. when asked about Sevak Ram's lokik name and if it was "Narain Shewakram" he answer (at least honestly) "Never heard of it".

I find this strange for the number one soul who has god inside him. It's too easy a BK cop out to say, "it's not his role" or "it's not in drama". Let's presume he is almost karmateet by this late time ... there are plenty of other stories of far less enlightened individuals knowing details of their previous incarnation and so on.
Roy

Post by Roy »

There are still many loose ends to tie up in all of this, but i feel sure it will all come together at some point... Nothing becomes revealed until it is supposed to be. I await with interest.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

"Nothing becomes revealed" ... until someone goes and finds or does it.

Lucky those for whom all they have to do is sit back and wait for others to do so.

Have you read this latest book yet? Are there any reflections you would care to offer?
Roy

Post by Roy »

fluffy bunny wrote:Nothing becomes revealed" ... until someone goes and finds or does it.
I quite agree, and i have thanked you on several occasions for all the effort you have put in to help make this happen, as well as the PBKs who are researching these matters. I am not saying it doesn't take work for these things to come out, but i do believe there is a time when it will all come together, and that time will be the right time in drama.
fluffy bunny wrote:Have you read this latest book yet? Are there any reflections you would care to offer?
I thought i already had!
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

I am sorry, it was not clear if you had read the lot or just quotes from it. There's a lot more material in there, don't you think?

What I am getting from it all is how much the BKs have been indebted to 'external' influences for the evolution of their religion. I don't know about the PBK Sevak Ram story yet. We have no real idea yet about what influence he, Piyu and the other mediums had. Whereas the BKs have worked hard to establish the idea that all it all came from within them, e.g. the purity and morality etc, the impression I get from these original documents is that it largely came from outside. That is to say, they *had* to adopt the principles and become better in order to appease outside critics ... just as they still do.

In particularly, the representation of Lekhraj Kirpalani's critique on marriages and male-female relationships etc. It seems he was more for "free love" in the hippie sense of the word.

Now, I am not a reactionary or conservative Hindu and so I am not shocked by the idea of free love and affection. I think India became a bit of a mess in this corner, particularly since the influence of the Victorian British. However, as a cause for the Bhaibund's reaction against him ... it is entirely the opposite to that claimed by the BKWSU. It was the Bhaibund who were being "pure" and moral, and Lekhraj Kirpalani who was being "impure" and immoral.

How many BKs do you think will ask, "could this all be true and how much else have we not been told/do we not know?". Or do you think they will just a) dismiss it as "anti-party", or b) just say as you do, "everything according to Drama" and accept it?

I'll be honest with you ... given what is at stake for a believer, I deeply disappointed with BKs as a whole regarding this entire issue (by which I mean getting to documenting to the real story of the Yugya). I would have thought for a believer it was even more interesting and exciting than for a critic or a skeptic.

The impression I am left with is that the majority of BKs are just takers prepared to let other people do all the work (and a minority are just manipulators keeping them entertained in order to live off them).