Value of the course Lekhraj Kirpalani did with the Sadhu

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Value of the course Lekhraj Kirpalani did with the Sadhu

Post by fluffy bunny »

According to the court records and historical documents, in 1931, whilst walking with his business partner, Lekhraj Kirpalani discovered a sadhu and took an initiation from him into some practise for the cost of 10,000 Indian Rupees.

I am not an economist but ...
  • In the 1930s, there were approximately 2.6 rupees to 1 USD,

Therefore the cost of course was 3,745 USD (1936 rate).

At that time, 1 USD was worth 0.2 GBP (5 dollars to the Pound),

Therefore, the cost of course was 749 GBP (1936 rate).

According to the official UK inflation data the value of £749 (1936) is approx £42,000 at today's rate,

Therefore, the cost of the initiation was approx £42,000.
Does this seem logical and correct?

Questions;
  • a) what sort of initiation costs £42,000
    b) who was the Sadhu and what did he practise?
Surely for such an extraordinary course some historical record must be kept?
rmn

Re: Value of the course Lekhraj Kirpalani did with the Sadhu

Post by rmn »

What is the proof and how to believe the said contents with respect to Murli points or other.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

The evidence is in older verified documents and witness statements from the 1930s which you probably have not seen, there are many over at brahmakumaris.info which are taken from the India Office records of the British Government.

Until we have copies of the most original and unedited Murlis, they are not worth that much attention. Unfortunately the BKs have chopped so many inconvenient truths out of them that they are no longer reliable at all.

There are like jigsaw puzzles with many missing pieces. Luckily though, the BKs editing out parts were not enlightened, and so sometimes they have left little clues here and there.

The sadhu has been referred to as the Bengal Sadhu, or man from the East. There are Murli quotes that hint as it, but the other evidence is far more convincing. I know Arjun has posted references to Lekhraj Kirpalani's enlightenment or initiation happening in the East of India (Calcutta side) not the West (Hyderabad) in the past.

As to the accounting, those figures are taken from official government sources and are only rough, but close, estimates. There are a number of different scales of inflation to use, and so the finally figure is debatable depending on which one you chose.

Arguably, if one used Indian rates, it could be much higher than the £40,000s ... anything upto, say, £100,000 equivalent. But I used British rates as they are reliable and easy to find.
rmn

Post by rmn »

My dear Fluffy and Bunny soul,
Are to against to BKs OR PBKs. How many years u r in BKs and PBKs or Other.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

rmn wrote:Are to against to BKs OR PBKs. How many years u r in BKs and PBKs or Other.
I am not anti-anything, I am just pro-truth, common sense and not exploiting others weaker than yourself.

I'd like to encourage the BKs to be better people and stop abusing others.

I did the 7 Days Course in around 1981*. I've not done the PBK course. All I know about the PBKs I have learned from individuals here.

I am only interesting in documenting the history and controversies of the movement now.

(* Wow, if only I had stayed in the BKs I would be getting a golden badge with a diamond on it, worth 20,000 Rupees and a paper gold crown, from them this year).
rmn

Post by rmn »

My dear soul brother FB,
pl note BKs other than FB never abuse any body, ur intention is quite wrong please correct it. And discuss about shivabap Gyan. U have told u have not done PBK course, but u r supporting always PBKs.
thank
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

As you are seemingly new to internet forums, I will be patient with you.

This subject of this discussion topic is the "Value of the course Lekhraj Kirpalani did with the Sadhu".

It is "on topic" to discuss Lekhraj Kirpalani and the Sadhu he took an initiation from, and the cost of the initiation ...
  • You may believe he took the course, or disbelieve he took such a course, the BKs and the PBKs, and the Anti-Om Mandli Party all have different opinions about this and, if you have any good information to prove it or disprove it, you are welcome to post it.
It is "off topic" to wander off and discuss other subjects.

If you want to discuss "off topic" subjects, please find a different topic or start a new one.

The number of account of BKs abusing other individuals, especially BKs, are so many that there is not enough water in the oceans to make enough ink to write them all. Please wake up to reality.