Life stories

An open forum for all ex-BKs, BKs, PBKs, ex-PBKs, Vishnu Party and ALL other Splinter Groups to post their queries to, and debate with, any member of any group congenially.
satyaprakash
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: trying to know more

Re: Life stories

Post by satyaprakash »

fluffy bunny wrote:If there is the *smallest* chance there is any truth to the BK religion then all the disturbances to the families *might* be excusable ... but there is little evidence to suggest it at this time.
fb,
You are wrong. Even if there is any big chance of the doom coming true, there is no justification for denying common people normal family life and shut them up in ghettos. This is totally negative and misery producing mindset of a demented soul who planned this movement. You are free to disagree with me and I am not discussing further on this line.
fluffy bunny wrote:I am very concerned about the effect on poorer families the BKs are having in India, and am not aware of it as I am in the West.
fluffy bunny wrote:I'd like to know more about the ruination of families you mention, and the effect you see they are having in general.
Indian situation is very different from west. Not for money support- but here the family relation is far more important than in west.
It will satisfy your curiosity but revealing details does not help the families concerned. Arjun will tom tom their exact names etc and start denying everything even if I don't give the names. This will only increase their sufferings. Generally they suffer physical and psychiatric problems, distancing from family and relations, social isolation, problems in marriage of their children, suicides and severe distress all the time.
fluffy bunny wrote:I am concerned not just for parents of BKs ... where they are encouraged to disregard them ... but also elderly BKs who, when the End of the World does not come will be left without any pension, savings, home etc in their old age having given away their wealth and best years to the BKs. Even a few years engagement can mean the waste of a life, the loss of education, the chance to marry etc. As you know, the BKs have been breaking up families since the 1930s. We have also seen children of BK neglected and lose their parents.
You are already aware of some problems.
satya
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

satyaprakash wrote:Arjun will tom tom their exact names etc and start denying everything even if I don't give the names. This will only increase their sufferings.
If you wish to continue making one-sided allegations without giving AIVV any chance for clarification, you are free to do so.
rmn

Post by rmn »

Why all brothers' souls behind the life story, pl leave it and starts discuss the Murli points of sweet baba.
thank
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

satyaprakash wrote:You are wrong. Even if there is any big chance of the doom coming true, there is no justification for denying common people normal family life and shut them up in ghettos. This is totally negative and misery producing mindset of a demented soul who planned this movement.
I don't disagree with you.

I've been studying the early history of this movement from the 1930s and it seem that right from the very beginning, Lekhraj Kirpalani had the idea to lock women up in his houses and to, basically, do nothing ... just have a good time, adore him, he to adore and spoil them, and to dream up ways of dragging in new members. There was very little to no activities of practical benefit.

The descriptions are also identically typical of how to encult individuals which has been studied and is known as "Stockholm Syndrome".
Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.
What Larena states is that the PBK sisters are held in the same manner and show the same lack of interest in doing anything beyond housework and evangelism, and show the same interest in their Baba, Virendra Dev Dixit. Virendra Dev Dixit appears to have copied the old BK model exactly.

The PBKs explain this is explainable because he is a reincarnation of an deceased associate of Lekhraj Kirpalani, and the current medium for the same spirit that possessed Lekhraj Kirpalani. From a rationalist's point of view, he must think to himself that he has to follow the old model without change or question in order to assert his divinity and prove his position to, or make a critique of, the BKWSU.

And, fair enough, they say some parts of India are not safe for women to live much different lives.

To me, the PBKs seem to offer a refuge for those individuals enculted into the BK lifestyle and beliefs, who have left because of the abuse and corruption ... but cannot give it all up yet. Either PBK is "the truth" ... or it is a kind of "methadone" to wean individuals off the BKWSU's "heroin".

But, as with the BKWSU, we need a cut of point where we can safely say, "look, this really is not the truth ... move on with your lives" and to help people out of it. The failure of the End of the World to come would be one such cut off point, however, even if the BKs and PBKs pass the cut off point ... and I think many of them have in their minds ... it is likely that they will still want to live together in communities and, I suppose that is within their rights. To live in their own ashrams.

It would just be good if they gave up their habit of trying to encult others when they do.

With the BKs ... it seems that they keep "changing the goal posts". Each time the prophecy fails ... they just change it to keep the business going. Obviously, the leaders live off the wealth of the religion, they have no other jobs. Perhaps a few enjoy the egotism, the power and grandeur it gives them. That is what a lot of religions are and they are in the same business. In my time, the BKs taught Destruction in the mid-1980s to mid-1990s ... before me, I did not know this, they taught 1976 (and many left when it failed). Before that they taught 1950 and WWII.

I don't know if the PBKs are going to be any different ... if they are going to admit failure at some point, or if they are going to keep hanging on until 2036. Obviously if Virendra Dev Dixit dies, they will probably fall apart.
It will satisfy your curiosity but revealing details does not help the families concerned ... You are already aware of some problems.
Then please contact me via the private message system or email. I would like to know more about the general circumstances in India.

Perhaps on the forum you would be willing to talk about how the BKs are generally seen by the rest of India and how they operate?
satyaprakash
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: trying to know more

Post by satyaprakash »

fluffy bunny wrote:if they are going to admit failure at some point, or if they are going to keep hanging on until 2036. Obviously if Veerendra Dev Dixit dies, they will probably fall apart.
2036! Simple. Virendra Dev Dixit is absolutely sure that he will die much before that. Till then he and his supporters will have a good time. Let all his cult members do what they want after that!
satya
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

The death of Virendra Dev Dixit could be a serious problem for PBKs.

Will the sisters and mothers be able to go back to their families? What will happen to them? I suppose some might go back to the BKWSU. The BKWSU will always keep changing the dates and religion to suit them.

Some might kill themselves. Some BKs/ex-BKs already have.

The BKWSU which will keep re-writing the history and make new predictions, e.g. 100 years *after* the death of Lekhraj Kirpalani ... 2069 ... by which they will have re-written the entire religion. They might be more dishonest but it is a strongly survival model.

Up until now, the BKs were safe because people's memories were short and there was no internet. They could bury, destroy old evidence and manipulate current followers. When victims left they were either in such a bad state of mind, or so scared or disgusted by the BKs, that they never looked into the truth. They just did not want anything to do with the cult. Nowhere kept a copy of the old materials.

In India the BKs can still do so I think ... except perhaps for the PBKs who keep reminded them and the general public about their indiscretions. Therefore the PBKs are good for the BKs.
satyaprakash

Post by satyaprakash »

fluffy bunny wrote:The death of Veerendra Dev Dixit could be a serious problem for PBKs.
Will the Sisters and mothers be able to go back to their families? What will happen to them? I suppose some might go back to the BKWSU.
Virendra Dev Dixit dies. pbk collapses either before or after that. OK!
But why do you expect BKWSU to survive at that time? Are they not an equally temporary and vanishing cult? Fond hope!
It is best for sane people to look at their own life and work out ways of leading it usefully. Dependence on some flimsy self proclaimed baba is not going to do them any good! But it does good to the baba and no one else!
Satya.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

satyaprakash wrote:But why do you expect BKWSU to survive at that time?
I think the BKs will survive because they provide a sufficiently good "product" which part of the "market" desires. The question is, will they survive the death of the medium Gulzar and another failure in the prediction of Destruction. I have no idea how so many BKs stay ... except that they have been lied to about previous predictions.

By "product", I mean their religion is a sort of Neo-Hinduism ... a Hinduism-Lite ... and some people buy that. Often at a vulnerable time in their life. A modernised Hinduism stripped of much of the utterly irrational stuff and a nunhood. Some girls wants to be nuns. It fits the mould would be religious adherents are looking for well enough.

Then the BKs are will to chop and change their religion to suit circumstances ... unlike the PBKs, they have no conscience about doing so.

This means they can keep changing to suit the time and and place, and when challenged just say, "oh, Baba was testing us" or blame the errors on Lekhraj Kirpalani and or some follower. That is what they do.

It means they can keep evolving and they seem to be evolving more towards business where the money is. They have considerable wealth and property ... so even if the religion contracts, they can sell or rent the property out and take income from it just as other religions have in the past. Even if the End of the World does not come, they still have the Freehold property donations bought them.

If it has a problem, it is that it is becoming a religion for the old, and old ladies in particular, and because it does not allow having a children, this limits its growth. Will it be able to support all its old surrendered sisters in the future?

In the West, it seems to be becoming a lot less demanding and not even focusing on its original teachings or disciplines ... it seems to be developing like a small monastic order offering weekend retreats and courses, with a lay "once a week" following. Some members are splitting off to run their own businesses based on what they have learnt in the religion.

I have no idea if it is growing or contracting but even in the West some people are sucked into it and once they are hooked on the hypnotisim, it takes them years to get out.
satyaprakash

Post by satyaprakash »

fluffy bunny wrote: A modernised Hinduism stripped of much of the utterly irrational stuff
A religion cannot be rational or scientific. Then it is no religion but science!
Hinduism with its million beliefs serve a million different types of people. It is not one book- one idea one prophet, one baba stuff.
Use the variety if it suits you. Choose whatever is more 'reasonable' to you from the array of paths that it gives. Irrational or utterly irrational has no meaning in a religious context.
Satya.
rmn

Post by rmn »

My dear brother souls, larena soul is quit the discussions, the why u all are wasting u r time on internet. pl discuss many more new Murli points to go forward.
At least pl put full stop know.
thank
Larena
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Revealing and sharing personal experience.

Post by Larena »

rmn wrote:My dear Brother souls, larena soul is quit the discussions, the why u all are wasting u r time on internet. pl discuss many more new Murli points to go forward.
At least pl put full stop know.
thank
Not exactly quit - I travelled. Few days ago I came back from almost 2 months travel to Russia. I have never been there before. I wondered how this country and people live. I made a long journey in the Golden Ring area - the heart of Russia for ages and studied for one month in one of Russian Universities. I discovered that Russia and Russian people have nothing in common with the image created in Gyan. I couldn't believe! I cannot understand on what ground the Gyan is based...

I am not going to participate in the discussion anymore - my aim was to write what I had in my heart for a long time. I admit that I had felt better since than. A discussion with PBKs about the same aspect which they criticise in BKs has no point - waste of time and waste of energy. I prefer to concentrate on something else/ :)
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Post by mbbhat »

i am reading this topic for the first time.

Let everyone get peace or power to face.