Knowing About Murlis

For newcomers to the BKWSU, AIVV and this forum.
raghu50
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I watch BrahmaKumaris everyday on Star Plus. The things that you discuss are very inspiring and amazing. I want to learn more of these things.That is why I want to join BrahmaKumaris

Knowing About Murlis

Post by raghu50 »

Om Shanti. Today I have opened this topic in which I would like you to discuss your point of view with me and other viewers.

Looking forward to your reply

Raghav
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: Knowing About Murlis

Post by arjun »

Discuss what?
raghu50
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I watch BrahmaKumaris everyday on Star Plus. The things that you discuss are very inspiring and amazing. I want to learn more of these things.That is why I want to join BrahmaKumaris

Post by raghu50 »

I have opened this topic so that all of you participate in the discussion about Murli

Raghav
raghu50

Post by raghu50 »

From the Hindi word for flute, as seen pictured symbolically in the hands of Krishna, the BK Murlis are the closest thing to scripture within the BK religion. The are considered to be the words of God, i.e. Shiva, as spoken through the medium of Brahma Baba. All the primary BK teachings come from the Murlis. The BK Murlis, especially Sakar Murlis are not widely available to the public. One must go to a BK center to hear them spoken or to read a copy. BK "students" hear a Murli every morning at around 6.30 am.
Flute:for Raja Yogis the Murli has come to mean the classes given by BapDada being as sweet as the flute of music played by Krishna.
This word Murli is used for the teachings of Shiv Baba. It is very appropriate and poetic. Baba enters a medium and speaks, as a flautist makes music by blowing wind through a hollow flute.

There are two varieties of Murli:
Sakar Murlis
"Sakar" i.e. corporeal - these were spoken by Dada Lekhraj/Brahma Baba every morning until his death in 1969. Nowadays the BKs edit and recycle the last 5 years of these Murlis, listening to them Monday through to Saturday every week.
Avyakt Murlis
"Avyakt" i.e. subtle - these have been spoken since 1969 by Brahma Baba through the medium of channel of BK Gulzar - only a few of these are now spoken each year. BKs also recycle these and hear them every Sunday. New Avyakt Murlis are broadcast live from Madhuban, via secure private channels over the internet to BKs worldwide and are heard live by up to 25,000 people in person at the gatherings in Madhuban, Rajasthan, India. See also Avyakt BapDada.
God, and The Murlis, are said to be only heard spoken in Madhuban.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

raghu50 wrote:There are two varieties of Murli:
raghu50 Bhai,
Om Shanti. For several decades after the demise of Brahma Baba, the words spoken by him through the body of Gulzar Dadiji were called Avyakt Vanis and even published that way. But it is only to counter the PBKs and to retain the BKs that BKWSU has started using the word 'Avyakt Murli'. Since new BKs hear only this word, they think that Avyakt Vanis are same as Sakar Murlis, but there is a vast difference between them.

Sakar Murlis are the words spoken by Shiv through Brahma Baba before 1969. They cover all the topics related to BK knowledge whereas Avyakt Vanis cover only the dharana aspect of knowledge. AVs don't mention details about the actual BK knowledge as contained in the original pictures of knowledge, i.e. Trimurti, World Cycle, Kalpa tree, Ladder, etc.

OGS,
Arjun