Are BKs equal to Islam?

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
sreevani
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am interested to get information,truth and good knowledge from forum

Are BKs equal to Islam?

Post by sreevani »

I think Islam Funds are less compared to others.
Attachments
bk to islam.jpg
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Are BKs equal to Islam?

Post by fluffy bunny »

Can anyone provide us with a rough and quick translation?

Is this something Karuna has produced himself?

I think that guy is crazy. If there is anyone in the BKWSU camp who is ready for the role of a crazy king it is him.

If he is writing stuff about Islam, he had better be careful. He might step on the tail of some Islamic lion and offend the wrong people. It is strange to see how the "tower of peace" has developed from a simple memorial to an object of ritual and religion.
sreevani
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am interested to get information,truth and good knowledge from forum

Post by sreevani »

EQUALITY B/W BRAHMAKUMARIS AND Islam.

1)Islam people will read namaz for 5 times.
We BKs also do traffic control Yoga(meditation) for 5 times.

2)In Islam dead body is buried.
We BKs have buried our brahmababa after he left the body.

3)In Islam Half Moon is Praised.
We BKs also believe our Half Moon Brahmababa.

4)In Islam they believe the star near the moon.
In our BKs it is said some star is very near.Some are light.Some are near to moon.(mu-8/9/2004).
Again it is said among all kumaraka is kathree(respected)(mu-19/8/73)

5)In Islam there is no idol worship.They believe incorporeal.
We BKs also believe incorporeal.

6)Islamis consider pakisthan as their religious land.
Our BK institution also started in karachi(pak).

7)In Islam they wear white clothes.
We BKs also wear white clothes.

8)In Islam green colour is considered.
After Dadi prakashmani left her body we BKs had made memorial of green color.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Thank you very much for translating.

And this is really produced by Karuna Shetty and the BKWSU ... not someone tried to have him assassinated by Islamic terrorists?

Amazing.

Someone wrote that he has family who are PBK. He is basically admitting or agreeing with what the PBKs say (perhaps in order to defuse the accusation).
BK Karuna wrote:2)In Islam dead body is buried.

Yes, may be ... but they have burnt every one!
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

I don't think this is produced by BK Karuna. To me it seems it is PBK propaganda.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

sita wrote:I don't think this is produced by BK Karuna. To me it seems it is PBK propaganda.
Naughty PBK ... now who is going to own up to doing that?
sreevani

Post by sreevani »

Its not PBKs propaganda or something......PBKs do not want to waste their time in such things.
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

Because the points are from the PBKs. To me it seems like sarcasm, because why would one make PR with such points.Did BK Karuna created it? What do you mean PBKs don't want to waste time in such matters.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

sreevani wrote:PBKs do not want to waste their time in such things.
Perhaps in theory "PBKs do not want to waste their time in such things" but it looks like someone has.

What is Karuna Shetty's connection to the PBKs? How do the PBKs see his part in the BKWSU?
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. I don't know who has produced the above poster but it does tally with the PBK philosophy of the shooting/rehearsal of Islam within the alokik brahmin family (Yagya).
sreevani

Post by sreevani »

I have found this poster in Facebook.....i was surprised,so produced here.
shivsena
ex-PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To find out the absolute Truth.

Post by shivsena »

sreevani wrote:EQUALITY B/W BRAHMAKUMARIS AND Islam.
2)In Islam dead body is buried.
I do not think that BKs buried brahmababa-DL as mentioned above....as per my knowledge from senior BKs, he was cremated in the ashram itself and then a monument (tower of peace) was built in his rememberence.....this is not exactly the same ritual which is followed in Islam.....Father of the nation: Mahatma gandhi and all great Hindu Indian leaders (Nehruji--shastriji) were cremated and the Indian govt. built a memorial on the same place where they were cremated.

shivsena.
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Post by mbbhat »

A senior BK brother had told me (who came to gyaan in around 1967- 68) that- "As soon as I got message that Brahma Baba has left body, Itravelled to Mount Abu from Bangalore.By the time I reached there, Brahma Baba's body was burning". I do not know how PBKs say- Brahma Baba's body was buried. Even I do not know the truth because I did not ask this with senior brothers or sisters.
-------
Regarding other points- the number of BK traffic controls is not five. They are-

3: 30 AM, 5:45, 7:00 , 10:30, 12:00 noon, 5:30 PM, 7:30, 9: 30 PM.

White dress is put by many people. Even PBKs who have come to mount Abu for during their rally- have put on white clothes. I think- Mr. Dixit wears white cloth. So-?

The dissimilarities are more than similarities. BKs do not fast like them for a month. BKs do give general class of maharathis and publish number of literature, observe veg diet, and many more. BKs celebrate lots of festivals of Hindus and not of Islam.

Most of PBKs had been BKs and they still read Murlis from BKWSU and encircle BKWSU and fight or claim something from BKWSU.
--------------------
IF PBKs believe BKWSU is like Islam, then-

1)what do they need from BKWSU (Islam)?

2)Do PBK agree that they depend on Islam and 2.25 lakh souls from Islam?

3)Are all or majorities of PBKs are also those who got converted from Islam (BK) ? Then it should also be visible in worldly Islam , is it not? [That is- from Islam, many people should have got converted and they should be really good (since they resemble PBKs!] Who are they?

4)And more interesting is- after getting converted from Islam (BKWSU), PBKs again are once again encircling Islam (BKWSU)?!- and I think- they believe that they are going to get the HQ of Islam (Mount Abu) in the end. So- they are going to take shelter in Islamic HQ?

5) PBKs accuse BKs that they began from Pakistan.Then from where Sevakram began? Or do PBKs agree that their staring point was not from beginning of Yagya (OmMandli) and is just after Mr.Dixit at Farukabad?

Much more questions and challenges can be put here to PBKs.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

mbbhat wrote:Regarding other points- the number of BK traffic controls is not five. They are-

3: 30 AM, 5:45, 7:00 , 10:30, 12:00 noon, 5:30 PM, 7:30, 9: 30 PM.
You show yourself up again, mbbhat.

Since the 1970s, Traffic Control was alway done on 5 occasions. The BKs might well have changed it, they seem to have doubled or tripled the number of demands made on adherents these days but here is the story of how and when it started. However, it is also listed on the BKWSU official website, here.
Terry wrote:The idea came from early UK BK Aidan (and one of the first to become an ex-BK !). It was put forward in a meeting/discussion group in Madhuban season of 76-77, my first visit.

It arose because he felt, and others agreed, that the constant noise of the hustle and bustle of all the people, buses etc during "the season" really took away from the experience people had come for, and that the vibe through the day deteriorated. I later moved to London in June 77, was there for Kumarka's visit, where she said they had decided to continue the practice and recommended it for all to follow.

The mutation of such things into "Sri Mat" and essential routine is inevitable in a competitive status seeking collective. Any new idea becomes. BTW, the times were also worked out within a day of the proposal, and the first traffic control happened the next day. Times had nothing directly to do with Muslim prayer times, just to fit in to Pandav Bhavan routine - so after AV and class, first one is 10:30 then 12:30, then siesta, then 4:30, 7:30 and 9:30. Not sure if the times have changed.

It used to drive me nuts the way the times became more important than the reason to do it. Evening classes, you might have just finished an hours Yoga, discussions just get warmed up, then you stop for 5 minutes again! Or you might begin a task with a minute' s silence, just start getting into the rhythm of it, then Crackle - Hiss - Freeze - Traffic control, and a reaaa-aaly long song so noisy you cannot meditate anyway!

Overall, a good idea, to regularly re-centre yourself, but the only thing you should be dogmatic about is breathing!

Footnote - I am in email contact with aforesaid ex-BK. He is very happily married, beautiful wife and 2 lovely boys, is professionally successful and in good humour.
mbbhat
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Post by mbbhat »

The BKs might well have changed it,
So- what? If changes happen, should the old only be considered? And the changes are not done just by BK administrators. It is said in Murlis also- Now- there is additional traffic control of one minute per every hour.

So- if PBKs accuse that BKWSU is like Islam, then they should reply to other things also- Does such changes have occured in Islam?

Murlsi say changes will happen. So- what value would be if someone accuses that- changes happen in BKWSU?.