Mukhi Mangharam and Dadi Nirmala Shanta

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Mukhi Mangharam and Dadi Nirmala Shanta

Post by fluffy bunny »

One for the Yagya history buffs ... Mukhi Mangharam was the son of the leader of the so called Anti-Party and son in law of Lekhraj Kripalani by being the husband of Dadi Nirmala Shanta.

Therefore, was Dadi Nirmala Shanta the daughter that Lekhraj Kripalani took back thereby inflaming the problems between the two neighbouring families? Has she died yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmMzD-eM3I

Although I don't expect her to say anything to rock the boat, see also video interview, here: Dadi Nirmala Shanta.
sita
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Re: Mukhi Mangharam and Dadi Nirmala Shanta

Post by sita »

Yes, she died recently. She is saying Calcutta was Baba's old gaddi.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Does anyone know her real sentiments? Why did she go to "Calcutta"?
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

sita wrote:Yes, she died recently. She is saying Calcutta was Baba's old gaddi.
To my knowledge, she hasn't left her body yet.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Just to revise, the other daughter was called Pali (?) and lived with his son Narayan is semi-support/semi-independence from the BKWSU?

They must be very old too. I remember someone saying she had cancer at one point, I think, but never heard anything else since.

I suppose it must be a bit of embarrassment to the BKs that they are not fully surrendered to the BKWSU?
sita
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I would like to take part in healthy discussion on topics of knowledge, sharing with fellow souls, for common benefit.

Post by sita »

To my knowledge, she hasn't left her body yet.
Oh, i must be mistaking.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:I suppose it must be a bit of embarrassment to the BKs that they are not fully surrendered to the BKWSU?
I don't think they care about their being in BKWSU or not any longer. The organization has grown so large that the absence of a few souls doesn't matter much to them.
dyavu
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Research purpose.

Post by dyavu »

Niramla Shanta Dadi is still alive. DL was calling her Palu in childwood.

Narayan Dada and Puttu Bhen was not surrendered to BK.
sita

Post by sita »

Does anyone know her real sentiments? Why did she go to "Calcutta"?
At that time DL family used to stay in Calcutta.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

sita wrote:At that time DL family used to stay in Calcutta.
Do we know the history of the Kripalani families movement? I was under the impression that the family's roots and home was in Sind but that he went there for business. I have no idea if his family went with him or for how long. It might be useful to know.

I do not what age she was married off. It is relevant because of what happen next.

Nirmal Shanta is/was "the zone-in-charge of Eastern Zone". I wonder if it was a sentimental attachment to the place or if the Kripalani family still had connections there? I know some PBKs visited the jewellery shop and took pictures. I don't know if they visited the homes etc.
sita

Post by sita »

Dada was permanent in Kalkota, every 3 years DL used to go back to Hyderabad for 1-2 months.

Initially Dadi Nirmal Shanta did not realize about Baba, later she had visions of child Krishna in her lap and developed faith. She also speaks of change in him. She is also narrating about her being young, when married and having child, later leaving it for the parents of her husband to take care for it and going to Baba "Here I am".
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

sita wrote:She is also narrating about her being young, when married and having child, later leaving it for the parents of her husband to take care for it and going to Baba "Here I am".
Yes, you see that is a typical point which explains to us why the rest of the Bhaihund were upset and unhappy at Lekhraj Kirpalani ... and quite rightly so.

Her husband was the son of the leader of the Bhaibund, Mukhi Mangharam. Imagine you take back your daughter but she leaves her infant child to be taken care of by the in-law parents!

It is outrageous even now by Western standards. Everyone would condemn the mother. She would probably go to prison. Bear in mind that at that time she was not "leaving to go to God" but she was just leaving to go back to her Father who had started telling people that he was God and insulting everyone like a crazy person.

Personally, I cannot see that it is something she should be looked up for. I strikes me many of them were spoilt, extremely selfish and immature.

The Kripalani house used to be right next door to the Mangharam's. From memory, he bought it from them. Knowing the nature of arranged marriages in the Bhaibund, their must have been an element of social climbing/family connection, so Kripalani would have been seen to be throwing it back in their face.

To suggest that the "persecution" of the Brahma Kumaris is based on their "purity" is not true.
sita

Post by sita »

She says the in-laws parents were very good and helping and supporting her.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

She said, latterly ... for the sake of good politics ... that the in-laws parents were very good and helping and supporting her.

If they were so good, how could she leave her child behind? What did she say at the time? We know what Lekhraj Kirpalani said of them and it was to call them Kans (demon) etc.
sita

Post by sita »

Where did he call them demons and why?