Introduction of Lekhraj Kirpalani Trance Lights

To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Introduction of Lekhraj Kirpalani Trance Lights

Post by fluffy bunny »

Moving on from the topic of 1976, does anyone know when the system of "Trance Lights" was introduced? Trance Lights are the bigger than life-size, backlight photographs of Lekhraj Kirpalani in his prime which I understand now exist in every Brahma Kumari center rich enough to afford one. BKs will sit for 45 minutes at Amrit Vela staring at them in a deep act of mental conditioning, surely. It must work just like advertising to impress on his image on their minds.

Crazy ... in the Murlis, time and time again, it is said, "no pictures of Lekhraj Kirpalani" etc.

We were told it was the current "head" of the BKWSU, Janki Kripalani, who demanded one so that she went abroad she still had "her Baba" with her. TIme and time again, the impression Janki gave me was that her affection was for Lekhraj Kirpalani. In my opinion, she used to play up and act like a young woman in love still with him ... he was, after all, her lifesaver.

Now we know the truth that from the early 1930s right up to 1950, there was no mention of Shiva in the BK religion, and during that time they really did worship Lekhraj Kirpalani as their husband, their Father and their God. It seems highly likely that Janki was deeply attached to "her Baba" and has turned this into her religion all over the world. People questioned it, even joked about it when it came up in the Murli, but no one stood up for what was "Shrimat" and challenged her or the headquarters about it to my knowledge.

Does anyone know the history of the Trance Lights ... where the idea came from (I suspect they were used by other Indian gurus first), where and when they were first used, who makes them and how much they cost etc? Are they, or perhaps a simple photograph of Lekhraj Kirpalani, forced by the headquarters and used by every center in India too?

If so, they comprise of quite an audacious corruption of the religion and must be quite a serious expense for a poor center ... and quite a good business line for who ever makes them!
IMG_01061186165512.jpg
Roy
Affinity to the BKWSU: questioning BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Re: Introduction of Lekhraj Kirpalani Trance Lights

Post by Roy »

I always had a problem with the trance light of Brahma Baba; i never felt at ease sitting in front of it, right from the word go... i simply wanted to remember Father Shiv in Paramdham, and could see no point in staring at the a subtle body of Brahma, which was apparantly located in the Subtle Regions. I felt nothing doing this! However, i do understand the devotion souls like Dadi Janki have for BB, for the reasons Fluffy Bhai has stated... it's just that it is not the path for receiving the inheritance of jeevanmukti(Nar to Narayan) from God(ShivBaba), in this very birth.

Roy
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

It does not take a psychiatrist to work out where Janki is coming from.

Young girl with no skills and education (unlike some Sindi girls of her class and generation), parents in Om Mandli, gets married, pregnant and then loses the baby (some question the circumstances of that), throws herself on Lekhraj Kirpalani's generosity and is fed, clothed and sheltered for 20 odd years. Add into that equation the Hindu tradition of the husband being the guru or like a god for the wife and what have you got? God Brahma Trance lights in every BK center despite Lekhraj Kirpalani saying, "no photos".

Personally, I always question the circumstances around her marriage. How and why did she get married when her parents and sister were in Om Mandli and surely being dosed by all the "sex lust is poison" and "marriage temples are brothels" stuff Lekhraj Kirpalani was chucking out? Was she not a very good Brahma Kumari at first and attracted to worldly things, hence she was later bound in by guilt, shame and the desire to catch up in BK terms etc ... and then the rest of the BK world sucked into her psychology?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Does anyone know the history of the Trance Lights ... where the idea came from (I suspect they were used by other Indian gurus first), where and when they were first used, who makes them and how much they cost etc? Are they, or perhaps a simple photograph of Lekhraj Kirpalani, forced by the headquarters and used by every center in India too?
It has been mentioned several times in the Murlis that trance lights were used even during the times of Brahma Baba, but instead of his picture, there used to be the picture of Lakshmi-Narayan (which I have uploaded elsewhere on this forum) to inspire children to become like that. Trance lights were also used for Godly service as an attraction for general public during spiritual exhibitions organized by BKs.

But after the demise of Brahma Baba, the gurus within the BK family must have come up with this idea to keep the memory of Brahma Baba alive. I have been seeing these trancelights since late 1970s, so, in most probability, it must have come up soon after the demise of Brahma Baba. They did not invent anything new. They just replaced Lakshmi-Narayan in the trance light with Brahma Baba. Although it is a clear violation of Shrimat, they should have at least shown some respect to Om Radhey Mama by adding her picture as well. But they laid the foundation of the path of renunciation by projecting only Brahma Baba.

OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

fluffy-bunny wrote:Crazy ... in the Murlis, time and time again, it is said, "no pictures of Lekhraj Kirpalani" etc.
"Hamesha samjho ShivBaba kahtey hai; inka photo bhi nahi rakho. Yah rath toh loan liya hai. Yah bhi purusharthi hai, yah bhi kahtey hain mai Baba say varsa lay raha hoon. ... Takdeer may nahi hai toh sanshay uthata hai-ShivBaba kaisay aakar padhaayengey! Mai nahi maanta. Maantey nahi toh fir ShivBaba ko Yaad bhi kaisey karengey? ... Baba say pooch saktey ho – Baba, abhi mar jaayein toh kya pad milega? Baba jhat bataa dengey. Apna potamail aapey hee dekho." (BKs dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli taareekh 21.7.05, page 3)

"Always think that it is ShivBaba who is speaking. Do not keep even his photo. This Chariot has been taken on loan. He is also an effort-maker. He also says, 'I am obtaining the inheritance from Baba.’ ... If it is not in anybody's luck, then a doubt is raised - how can ShivBaba come and teach! I do not believe. If you do not believe then how can you remember? ....You can ask Baba - 'Baba, if I die now, which post will I achieve?' Baba will immediately tell. Check your potamail (life-story) yourself." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 21.07.05, page 3 published by BKs)

"Abhi yah hai Purushottam Sangamyug. Yah padhaai kitna oonch banaaney vaali hai, ismay paisey aadi kee darkaar nahi hai. Padhaai ka shauk hona chaahiye. Ek aadmi bahut gareeb tha, padhney kay liye paisey nahi thay. Fir padhtey-padhtey mehnat karke itna saahookaar ho gaya jo Queen Victoria ka Minister ban gaya. Tum bhi abhi kitney gareeb ho. Baap kitna oonch padhaatey hain. Ismay sirf buddhi say Baap ko Yaad karnaa hai. Batti aadi jagaaney kee bhi darkaar nahi. Kahaan bhi baithey Yaad karo. Parantu Maya aisi hai jo Baap kee Yaad bhulaa deti hai. Yaad may hee vighna padtey hain. Yahee toh yuddh hai na. Aatma pavitra banti hee hai Baap ko Yaad karney say. Padhaai may Maya kuch nahi karti." (BKs dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli taareekh 23.10.05, page 2)

“Now this is Purushottam Sangamyug. This study makes us so great. There is no need for money etc. in this. One must have interest in studying. A man was very poor; he did not have any money to study. Then by studying and working hard he became so rich that he became the Minister of Queen Victoria. You are also so poor now. Father is teaching such a highest knowledge. In this, one has to just remember Father though one’s intellect. There is no need to even switch on any lights etc. One can remember while sitting anywhere. But Maya is such that it makes us forget Father. Obstacles are created in remembrance only. This is the war, isn’t it? Soul becomes pure only through the remembrance of Father. Maya does not do anything in study.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 23.10.05, page 2 published by BKs)

"Mama nay kuch laaya kya. Kitna Mama ko Yaad kartey hain. Baap kahtey hain Yaad kartey ho, yah toh theek hai, parantu abhi Mama kay naam-roop ko Yaad nahee karnaa hai. Hamko bhi un jaisi dharana karnee hai. Ham bhi Mama jaisey achha ban kar gaddi laayak banein. Sirf Mama kee mahima karney say thodey hee ho jaayengey. Baap toh kahtey hain maamekam Yaad karo, Yaad kee yatra may rahna hai. Mama jaisa gyaan sunaana hai. Mama kee mahima ka saboot tab ho jab tum bhi aisey mahima laayak bankar dikhao. Sirf Mama-Mama kahney say pait nahee bharega. Aur hee pait peeth say lag jaayega. ShivBaba ko Yaad karney say pait bharega. Is Dada ko bhi Yaad karney say pait nahee bharega. Yaad karnaa hai ek ko. Balihaari ek kee hai." (BKs dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli taareekh 17.10.05, page 2 & 3)

“Did Mama bring anything? Children remember Mama so much. Father says that you remember her; that is all right; but now you must not remember the name and form of Mama. We must also inculcate virtues like her. We should also become nice like Mama and become capable of sitting on the throne. Will you become capable just by praising Mama? Father says, remember only me and keep performing the journey of remembrance. You must narrate knowledge like Mama. The praise of Mama will be proved when you too become worthy of such a praise. Your stomach will not get filled just by uttering ‘Mama-Mama’. Your stomach will even start touching your back (i.e. become emaciated). Your stomach will get filled up by remembering ShivBaba. Your stomach will not get filled up by remembering this Dada also. You must remember one. Credit goes to one.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 17.10.05, page 2 & 3 published by BKs)

"Baap kahtey hain tumko koi bhi chitra rakhney kee darkaar nahee. Kyaa tum ShivBaba ko nahee jaantey jo chitra rakhtey ho? Kya chitra rakhney say Yaad kar saktey ho? Baba jeeta hai fir bachchey chitra kyon rakhengey? Baap tumko gyaan dey raha hai fir chitra kya karengey? Boodhey hain Yaad bhool jaati hai isliye chitra diya jaataa hai. Baaki aur koi bhi dehdhaari ko Yaad kartey rahengey toh anth samay vahee Yaad aayega. Kuch na kuch rag hai toh vah tumhaarey peechey padega. Fir bhaley kitney bhi ShivBaba ke chitra rakho. Agar rag aur taraf hogi toh vah Yaad jaroor aayega. Isliye Baap kahtey hain bachchey poora nashtomoha ho jaao." (BKs dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli taareekh 26.12.07, pg 3&4)

The Father says : there is no need for you to keep any pictures. Don’t you know ShivBaba, that you keep (His) pictures? Can you remember (Him) by keeping (His) pictures? When Baba is alive, why will children keep pictures? The Father is giving you knowledge, then what will you do with pictures? There are aged ones; they forget to remember (Baba), this is why picture is given. But if you keep remembering any other bodily being, then in the end just his thoughts will come to your mind. If there is attachment to some extent or the other, then he will chase you. Then no matter how many pictures of ShivBaba you keep if you have attachment for someone else, he will certainly come to your mind. This is why the Father says : Children, become completely victorious over attachment.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 26.12.07, pg 3&4 published by BKs)
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Thank you. I did not mean to put you to the bother of compiling Murli quotes.

The use of a L & N trance light makes sense within the religion, to impress upon the minds of Bhakti souls for whom the symbolism of the two deities has some value as the "aim and object" of what they hope to become. The use of a Lekhraj Kirpalani trance light does not.

Do any other sect use trance lights of their gurus in such a way? It is crazy, we were taught to stare into his eyes and imagine the Shiva dot was within them, behind its forehead ... what real good would imagining god was in a plastic light box achieve?
Roy
Affinity to the BKWSU: questioning BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

fluffy bunny wrote:Do any other sect use trance lights of their gurus in such a way? It is crazy, we were taught to stare into his eyes and imagine the Shiva dot was within them, behind its forehead ... what real good would imagining god was in a plastic light box achieve?
Plus, it is not even an accurate concept to begin with!

"I do not enter into the Brahma, who is a dweller of the Subtle Region." [Mu 4.11.72]

Roy
shivsena
ex-PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To find out the absolute Truth.

Post by shivsena »

fluffy bunny wrote: Moving on from the topic of 1976, does anyone know when the system of "Trance Lights" was introduced? Trance Lights are the bigger than life-size, backlight photographs of Lekhraj Kirpalani in his prime which I understand now exist in every Brahma Kumari center rich enough to afford one.
Dear bunny brother.

I do remember that translight pictures were mentioned in some Murlis/Vanis (i do not remember the date)....but they were interpreted in literal terms and i suppose the real meaning that baba was indicating that we all should do such effort, that we become subtle bodies of light and might(translight--dehi abhimani) in front of the world.

Another direction in Vanis was about ''pradarshanis''(exhibitions) which was again interpreted literally and BKs started big exhibitions all across the country to reveal the knowledge and Father...but what was meant in a subtle manner was that each soul should inculcate such virtues and astha-shaktis that we all become ''chaitanya(living) pradarshanis''(exhibitions) in front of the world....(Vani point: ''Apne chera aur challan se BapDada ko pratyaksh karo."....meaning ''reveal BapDada with your faces ")
shivsena.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

shivsena wrote:i suppose the real meaning that Baba was indicating that we all should do such effort, that we become subtle bodies of light and might(translight--dehi abhimani) in front of the world.
Please try to acquire a subtle body and administer this forum. Then we can realize that someone with a body of light can be revealed in front of the world. As long as you cannot administer this forum without the physical body, how can we believe you?
but what was meant in a subtle manner was that each soul should inculcate such virtues and astha-shaktis that we all become ''chaitanya(living) pradarshanis''(exhibitions) in front of the world
This explanation has already been given in Advanced Knowledge brother.
RudraPutra
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To share knowledge along with the groups and to bring truth in front of everyone
with a hope that this might enlighten the truth in front of the joined members with an acknowledgement of knowing ShivBaba in an accurate form....

Post by RudraPutra »

shivsena wrote: ...(Vani point: ''Apne chera aur challan se BapDada ko pratyaksh karo."....meaning ''reveal BapDada with your faces ")[/b]
...well you are asking us to become farishta who are not having their own body(as per your views)....even your Mama doesn't has so....so why BapDada is stuck to get reveal through physical faces....???
even Mama is not having her own face to express her stage....or avastha....