To discuss the BK and PBK versions of the factual Yagya history from the beginning.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Roy wrote:Just as with the predicted destruction of 1976 (foretold by ShivBaba in 1966 originally) ... this was thought to have been a major failure of Shrimat by most in the family, who then left Gyan.
pbkindiana wrote:And the year 1976 was mentioned in SM, so understand first the cryptic meanings of SM rather than simply finding faults with AK.
Can someone please document the whole 1976 thing for one and for all?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: 1976

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. In order to understand the history related to the importance of the year 1976 from a BK/PBK perspective, it is important to read the declaration made in the picture of Lakshmi-Narayan published by the BKs during the lifetime of Brahma Baba, but after Om Radhey Mama had left her body.
Lakshmi-Narayan picture
Lakshmi-Narayan picture
At the bottom of the picture (published by BKs in English) just below the image of Radha and Krishna it is written:

"Godly Message -

Corruption, Irreligiousness, Unrighteousness, vices, insolvency and sufferings would come to an end in Bharat within 9 years and Golden Aged Deity-World-Sovereignty of Shri Lakshmi and Shri Narayan will come to be re-established soon after the forth-coming huge world destruction. June 1967.

Prajapita Brahmakumaris and Brahmakumars"

The above picture was in most probability prepared on the basis of visions caused to trance messengers (BK sisters going into trance called sandeshis) and hence were believed by BKs and Brahma Baba to be declarations made by ShivBaba. Based on the above declaration, Brahma Baba and BKs started believing that the world would come to an end in 1976. And with every approaching year, hints were given in the Sakar Murlis and Avyakt Vanis that we are such and such number of years closer to destruction. BKs started declaring and propagating in the world that the world is going to be destroyed in 1976. Many BKs might have sold their properties and surrendered to the Yagya. BKWSU also most probably gave in writing to the Government of India that the world is going to be destroyed in 1976. But when nothing of that sort happened in 1976, many BKs were devastated. Many left the knowledge. But many continued.

Until 1976 BKs had not acquired properties anywhere outside Mount Abu. They functioned only from rented buildings. But after 1976 they started acquiring properties in the name of BKWSU or World Renewal Trust. And they stopped giving any dates for destruction although they did and still propagate that the world is going to be destroyed.

From the PBK point of view, the above declaration was not made in a physical sense but in a metaphorical sense. The destruction referred to in the declaration was actually the beginning of destruction of wicked elements from the Yagya. The Lakshmi-Narayan referred to in the picture are the Confluence-Aged Lakshmi and Narayan whose parts were revealed to many in the Brahmin world. Destruction of vices and irreligiousness referred to in the above declaration was actually the beginning of the destruction of vices in the minds of the souls which are going to be revealed in the world as Lakshmi-Narayan or Bharat Mata and Bharat Pita (living Bhaarat).

It is also pertinent to note that the year 1976-77 was also declared as the year of revelation of the Father in many Avyakt Vanis narrated before that year. The BKs were unable to reveal the Father (BapDada) to the world in that year, but some Brahmin souls realized the practical part of Father Shiv being played through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit in 1976-77. Therefore the declaration related to 1976 is very important in the history of the Yagya (of BKs as well as PBKs).

If other PBKs have time they can post the relevant Murli or Avyakt Vani points. It may take time for me to post the points.

OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

The first property bought in London, under Janki "money bag" Kripalani's leadership, was on the 26 March 1976.

It strikes me that is before the 1976 prediction of Destruction had failed (and the emergence of Virendra Dev Dixit), presuming that they might have waited until at least the end of the year ... and it is an interesting window into the mind of Janki Kripalani who obviously remembered all the other previous failures of Destruction.

Into the 80s, they continued to bang the drum of 50 years for Destruction and 50 years for Creation ... which then became 50 to 60 years for Destruction. It was written into the Murlis. I wonder where that came from ... whether it was from Lekhraj Kirpalani/Shiva Baba or whether it was just their own invention to keep the business going?

I am grateful to have the June 1967 date pointed out to me. Is that the date they published the picture, or is that the date Lekhraj Kirpalani announced 1976? I don't believe "god" was pronounce fake predictions just to make her adherents make efforts. That seems a very primitive god, or trickster, to me

However, back to 1976, does anyone have any more specific, factual information about what happened?

I am sorry to say this, but I think the purchasing of freehold property whilst the rest of the BK family was donating money and properties of their own, is simple, opportunistic fraud and that is very much how I see Janki Kripalani ... as a very lucky, opportunistic fraudster who was very much part of and able to turn their religion into a way to feed and house herself and others back in Madhuban.

Imagine ... without doing so, what would have become of her? A divorce that left her husband, she would have had to go back with her tail between her legs to live of her family ... if they would have her ... or become a beggar. In a way, she did become the latter.
Roy
Affinity to the BKWSU: questioning BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have been associated with Raj Yoga since 1985, and have only quite recently come to learn of the PBKs and this forum, which i find a great place to get deeper insights into all things Gyani, and hear input from many sides. I find this most healthy, stimulating, and informative, and hope this continues for some time to come.

Post by Roy »

Interesting post Fluffy Bhai; which for me only goes to further confirm what ShivBaba is saying now in AK; that the Ravan community of the BK's, have never really followed His Shrimat, but were more attracted by the lap or personality of Brahma Baba. With Mama and Brahma Baba long gone by 1976; there was nothing to really stop these body conscious gurus, from following their own agendas; as Shrimat had now become an "optional extra", used to keep the poor "subjects" under their control. I had a memorable meeting with Dadi Janki, back in '88; before which time, i had held her in fairly high regard. I was one of the lucky ones; as my teacher protected me from the worst excesses of the brahmin family, and their lack of adherence to Shrimat... but even souls under his guidance, usually preferred to go for the false limelight, offered by the Dadis in London; and this meeting was conjured up in my little home town, in order to kowtow us few "rebels", and bring us into the mainstream, of supposed, Gyani service. I was most disappointed with Dadi on this day; who i felt showed us no respect at all; there was nothing divine in her manner what so ever as far as i was concerned; she had just come to give us a good ticking off, and get us to comply with mainstream thinking. Her assistant, was totally arrogant, and simply looked down on us all as she severely chastised us. I'll never forget the grilling, Dadi gave one sister; i felt really sorry for her, although i don't think she was too troubled by it herself, tough cookie that she was/is! :D In light of AK, and the testimonies of souls like yourself Fluffy Bhai; this little meeting, makes so much more sense than it did at the time. Long before i came to know of AK; i was feeling more and more, that the Brahmin movement, had become but a shadow of its former self; coming across as some bland New Age movement; rather than the revolutionary powerful one, it should really be(what happened to the knowledge?). No wonder finding AK, switched the light back on in my head; for once more, AK was representing the true meaning, of what it is to be to be a Brahmin effort maker... or more accurately... a Prajapita Brahma Kumar(PBK).

Roy