Brahma Kumaris against Left-Wing & Naxals

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Brahma Kumaris against Left-Wing & Naxals

Post by fluffy bunny »

From: Prepared to die for Baba - BKWSU versus Left-Wing activists

A Brahma Kumari follower, and member of their Media Wing, wrote an article against the Maoists in Indian, see; How to make the Naxals join mainstream. A story in which they repeat their usual exaggerated claims of suffering and persecution. The Maoist Naxals are said to be fighting for the rights of forest dwellers, the Adivasi and workers who are being cleared off their lands, denied their rights, exploited and made the victims of violence ... the big corporation hiring goons to clear them off lands in very much the same way the BKWSU has used it goons to clear off the PBKs.

What is the connection? Earlier I pointed out that the BKWSU, apart from sucking up to such big corporations in general, has also directly benefited from such deals, for example in Karnataka;
Bangalore, Feb 20 - The Karnataka government today decided to allow mining in 14 blocks, subject to certain conditions ... The government also gave the green signal to four charitable organisations to acquire agricultural land as per powers vested in it by the exemptions in the Karnataka Land Reforms Act.

These include more than six acres for Brahmakumaris, who are setting up a university in Belgaum district.
There would seem to me to be a direct connection and, if so, I cannot think of a more clear statement of the BKWSU's political position.

What is the opinion on all this from the Indian point of view?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Brahma Kumaris against Left-Wing & Naxals

Post by fluffy bunny »

I suppose amongst PBKs, the BKs land and property grabbing has become quite normal ... but I think this was the most concrete link between their politicking and their acquiring.

I know that in theory, both the BKs and the PBKs are "Royalists" and believe in Divine Right to rule ... should one class both the BKs and PBKs as politically Right Wing?

In a sense, just as the PBKs have been seen as a "Protestant" reaction to the "Vatican-like" indulgences of the BKWSU, I thought the PBKs were a kind of Left Wing grassroots reaction against the Brahma Kumari establishment.

I read that most people think of the Brahma Kumaris in India as being a middle class and rich religion. Some say "stinking rich". No one seems to knows exactly HOW MUCH money they eat their way through chasing VIPs etc. In the West, we would call them "upwardly mobile" and middle class ... "upwards" in the class structure and not spiritually.

Are class politics/class divisions part of BK/PBK life in India?

In this case, the Adivasis - who tend to be neither Hindu, Muslim or Christian, appear to be being colonised or converted by evangelistic BKs bring divisions to their society. For me, it is just like the Christians in Africa or Asia.
maoists_vs_government_business_BKWSU_in_india.jpg.jpg
maoists_vs_government_business_BKWSU_in_india.jpg.jpg (20.64 KiB) Viewed 2103 times