Educational qualification of Baba Virendra Dev Dixit

For newcomers to the BKWSU, AIVV and this forum.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: Educational qualification of Baba Veerendra Dev Dixit

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti.
Fortunately I got a chance to speak to Baba on this issue. Since he did not have much time, I could not discus it in detail, but I could get some important details related to the graduation and post graduation.

Baba Veerendra Dev Dixit completed JTC training in 1962, completed his graduation (B.A.) privately while working as a teacher through Agra University in 1964. (In those years the duration of graduation course used to be two years). He completed his post graduation (M.A.) from Oriental Institute, Brindavan, Mathura from Agra University in 1965/66.

I think this should end the controversy, but I don't think our Brother satyaprakash would be still satisfied.

OGS,
Arjun
ANU
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Sharing the results of research in the story of the Yagya collected with co-operation with western students.

Post by ANU »

arjun wrote:I think this should end the controversy, but I don't think our Brother satyaprakash would be still satisfied.
You keep imposing on people your presuppositions. Presuppositions are very harmful and destroy the climate of mutual understanding.
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. My presumption was based on satyaprakash's response to the hard work done by ak1972. Let us wait for his response the latest reply.
OGS,
Arjun
ANU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Sharing the results of research in the story of the Yagya collected with co-operation with western students.

Post by ANU »

Dear Arjuna
Baba Veerendra Dev Dixit completed JTC training in 1962, completed his graduation (B.A.) privately while working as a teacher through Agra University in 1964. (In those years the duration of graduation course used to be two years). He completed his post graduation (M.A.) from Oriental Institute, Brindavan, Mathura from Agra University in 1965/66.
I would like to make one thing clear. MA studies cannot be called post graduation studies. Anything that comes after MA can be called post graduation. According to official international standards.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

I would like to make one thing clear. MA studies cannot be called post graduation studies. Anything that comes after MA can be called post graduation. According to official international standards.
But here, in India, Post-Graduation means the educational course undertaken after Graduation. Even otherwise, in literal sense 'post' means 'after'. So, if 'graduation' means any course undertaken after 10+2 school level studies, then 'post-graduation' should naturally mean any course undertaken after 'graduation'.

When I searched for this term on Google (Wikipedia), I came to know that -
" Postgraduate education involves learning and studying for degrees or other qualifications for which a first or Bachelor's degree generally is required, and is normally considered to be part of tertiary or higher education. In North America, this level is generally referred to as graduate school. The organization and structure of postgraduate education varies in different countries, and also in different institutions within countries."

So, you cannot say that MA studies cannot be called post graduation studies.
ANU

Post by ANU »

Dear Arjun

Do we speak in the international context or shall we limit ourselves to India. I would feel better we spread the very clear information which embraces all perspectives. "A postgraduate diploma is a a postgraduate qualification awarded typically after a bachelor's degree. It can be contrasted with a graduate diploma. Countries which award postgraduate diplomas include Australia, Canada, Chile, Scotland, England and Wales, India, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Singapore ." - this is from Wikipedia which you quated. However, I think that the other perspective is also worthy of mentioning. There are countries where MA is called "graduate" and postgraduate is only after MA.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Dear anu Bhai,
Om Shanti. I have quoted wikipedia only to drive home the point that the educational degrees granted in different countries are different from each other. So, you cannot say whether any particular system is international or not.

Anyway, I did not understand why you have raised this point about MA degree not being Post graduation from an international point of view. Do you want Baba Dixit to appear for an exam from an international university to prove his educational qualification? As he was born and brought up in India he has to follow the educational system in place during his childhood/youth, will he not have to? It would be better if you put forth your views directly without mincing words. I hope you would not mind.

OGS,
Arjun
ak1972
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: to discuss Gyan related points & participate in discussions posted

Post by ak1972 »

A masters program is a masters program whichever country you are from.
UK, Australia, NZ all recognize bachelors & masters program from Indian universities.
MA is a post graduation program of 2 years duration, done after 3 years Bachelors course ( some country have bachelors for 4 years).PG diploma courses are typically for 18 months duration. MA is awarded by a University & is a 2 year program.It has no relation & cannot be equated with a to PG diploma course.In India, Government universities do not offer PG diploma courses, only institutes which are independently run offer this programs.A person after completing MA can pursue M.Phil or PH.D, but with a PG diploma he cannot as far as Indian university rules are concerned.
Any which ways our context is in relation to India,so it really does not matter what happens in England or Poland.
I don't think we should continue discussing Baba's qualification any further as enough proof & evidence has been provided in this forum.

Om Shanti
ANU

Post by ANU »

arjun wrote:Dear anu Bhai,
Om Shanti. I have quoted wikipedia only to drive home the point that the educational degrees granted in different countries are different from each other. So, you cannot say whether any particular system is international or not.

Anyway, I did not understand why you have raised this point about MA degree not being Post graduation from an international point of view. Do you want Baba Dixit to appear for an exam from an international university to prove his educational qualification? As he was born and brought up in India he has to follow the educational system in place during his childhood/youth, will he not have to? It would be better if you put forth your views directly without mincing words. I hope you would not mind.

OGS,
Arjun
I raised this issue, because I think that the information of Baba's education has been given in a ackward way and this caused confusion of some brothers. Why cannot the information be given in a clear and open form right from the beginning with clear reference that it concerns Indian system and the Indian system differs from the system in various countries of the world.

Kindly please, brother Arjuna, do stop imposing meanings on me. As: "Do you want Baba Dixit to appear for an exam from an international university to prove his educational qualification? " I have already asked you kindly for not imposing meanings by asking special type of questions. I will be grateful if you could avoid it in our conversation in the future. I will do my best to write in a more direct words and without mincing as you said. I do not agree with you that I mince words. Dear Arjuna Bhai, among those whom I know in this forum, I find you the greater "mincer". Hope that you understand. Otherwise, please kindly explain what you mean by 'mincing".
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Dear Anu Bhai,

By 'mincing words' I meant 'not speaking out your mind in direct words but in indirect way'. You did not express your objective in the first post when you raised the issue of MA being a Post graduate degree by international standards or not. You expressed your objective only after being asked.

I have never tried to mince words deliberately. But if you feel I am a greater mincer, I respect your opinion. You have made personal comments against me in the past and you are free to do so in future too.

OGS,
Arjun
ANU

Post by ANU »

Dear Arjun
I haven't made a personal comment against you. I have commented your behaviour. This is something different. Hope you understand this difference.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Anu Bhai,
Commenting on someone's behaviour and making personal comments is one and the same as far as I know. May be I am wrong. But whatever excuse you give to prove your impartiality you are free to either comment on anybody's behaviour or to make personal comments.
OGS,
Arjun
ANU

Post by ANU »

Talking about behavior and personal comments ARE two different things.
Thank you Arjuna for giving me right to comment. For me this is nice and strange at the same time. I have noticed that you assume the same attitude towards some people in this forum.

Please, refer to the dictionary and understand the meaning of "excuse" and make sure whether you used it correctly saying that I am trying to excuse myself. I declare that I did not try to excuse myself. Excusing was not my intention at all. My intention was to make things clear in our conversation, as you and me may use words in different meaning.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

Anu Bhai, Om Shanti and thanks for the further comments. Let us end the issue here.
OGS,
Arjun
satyaprakash
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: trying to know more

Post by satyaprakash »

arjun wrote:Baba Veerendra Dev Dixit completed JTC training in 1962, completed his graduation (B.A.) privately while working as a teacher through Agra University in 1964. (In those years the duration of graduation course used to be two years). He completed his post graduation (M.A.) from Oriental Institute, Brindavan, Mathura from Agra University in 1965/66.
Dear Arjun,
I am a little late in replying to your 'information'. Can you now clarify the following questions?
1. If it is such a simple information, why was it hidden all these days?
2. Why this information is not found in his 'wonderful biography'? When intermediate was mentioned, why degree was left out?
3. Dixit Baba is supposed to know Hindi language. He also has read this biography. Then why he did not correct this omission?
4. The above leads to the doubt that this degree is manufactured now because many questions are being raised. Is the degrees real?
5. If the degrees are real, then why is this wonderful Baba so poor in English language?
6. We come across many spiritual persons who even in young age, effortlessly master many languages. But Baba, in spite of going to colleges and trying his hand in 'doing Phd, and travelling all over India', still could not learn English which is a major link language in India! I fact he knows no other Indian language.Is he so dull that even in his old age he knows only Hindi and nothing else? How can he be a spiritual person?
7. Dixit Baba has created a story that all the Gods will only speak in Hindi. Is it to hide his own ignorance?

Satya.