Now "JUST A MINUTE" there.

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
surya
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Ruby Wax

Post by surya »

ex-l wrote:The question then to ask is WHICH course
I do not know which course or lesson, she did not say, all she said was that she wasn't well or had a problem in the leg and so she used that time of recovering to visit the BK Oxford Palace. And that was the first time she came in contact with BKs like DJ and found out about what the Brahma Kumaris do. Previous to that she was looking for a place to do Yoga/meditation.

Just after the event I email the BKs and asked them why Dadi Kumarka did not come to the event but till now no answer from them.
bansy

Post by bansy »

There was a Diwali event in London last week in Trafalgar Square. Other Hindu faith groups were there including ISKCON, people from the Hindu council, Jains.

Did anyone here go ?
celtiggyan
ex-BK

Post by celtiggyan »

When you say only the BKs go to heaven - this is a metter of interpretation. Heaven on earth or heaven? Both are a kind of heaven. Which would you rather have - Golden/Silver Age of heaven on earth or being in perfect bliss in the Soul World next to Baba? There appears to be a reward for everybody.

C.
john
Reforming BK

Re: Mother of Love

Post by john »

ex-l wrote:As a footnote to the JAM event, Robin Gibb releases “Mother of Love” as digital single on iTunes etc and donates profits to Janki Foundation for Global Health Care.
Is this the same Gibb that Tony Blair has gone to stay with for his Xmas/New Years break.

Do the BKs know something we don't?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

John wrote:Is this the same Gibb that Tony Blair has gone to stay with for his Xmas/New Years break. Do the BKs know something we don't?
Gosh. One whisper on this website and the controversy reaches the entire world ...

I wonder if Dadi J is cashing in the payola on this one?
PM 'paying' for Bee Gee home stay

Tony Blair is paying to use the Florida home of the Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb, Downing Street has said. The Prime Minister and members of his family are based at the $10m (£5.1m) Miami Beach mansion while on holiday.

He has faced criticism for staying for free at the holiday homes of friends in the past but a spokesman said there was a "private commercial arrangement". The Blairs made donations to charity in lieu of payment for holidaying at the Barbados home of singer Cliff Richard. But his spokesman could not say whether a charitable donation was being made on this occasion. He also did not specify how much money is being paid or to whom.

Downing Street does not normally comment on specific arrangements of the Prime Minister's holidays. The holiday began in a blaze of publicity when the British Airways flight carrying Mr Blair overran the main runway shortly after landing at Miami International Airport.

Mr Gibb was seen in public with Mr Blair at a Labour rally in May 2005, ahead of the general election. The singer launched that Huddersfield event and Mr Blair described him as one of his heroes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6213401.stm
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

Is this the same Gibb that Tony Blair has gone to stay with for his Xmas/New Years break. Do the BKs know something we don't?
It's not what you know, but who you know, 21tst century guide to celebratidom BK mantra. My spidey sense told me something was afoot.

Wonder if they have a department to find out who's connected to who
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

What a revelation that picture of the Ladder.
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

If it is the same one, R Gibb has a personal macrobiotic chef, though I don't know if he is veggie, perhaps. I wonder if Dadi will do the same?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

sparkal wrote:If it is the same one, R Gibb has a personal macrobiotic chef, though I don't know if he is veggie, perhaps. I wonder if Dadi will do the same?
Did anyone go to this programme?

I missed out on a BK Ruby Wax review. How did she do? Crack any funny jokes about the whole thing of it all?
surya
PBK

Another BK disco.....anyone?

Post by surya »

Hi,

Anyone for another BK disco? :D :D :D

Follow the link: http://www.brahmakumaris.org.uk/newsletters/blues.htm

Regards to all,

surya
bansy

Post by bansy »

BK disco?
And it's on Saturday Night. :P

Do these events happen only in London, or also in the other major western centres in US and Australia ?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Sister Bansy wrote:And it's on Saturday Night.
Belated Birthday bash???? :lol: :D :lol:

I wish all the participants an merry evening. :wink:

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Post by abrahma kumar »

BKs and BK contacts all as far as I can tell. Have a great time all.
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Post by joel »

Abrahma Kumar wrote:BKs and BK contacts all as far as I can tell. Have a great time all.
Robin Ramsay, who is appearing in this show, is a great actor and one of the nicest people I've ever met.

He did a one-man show on the life of Rabindranath Tagore that was highly acclaimed, and I believe carried on Doordarshan (Indian national TV) on Tagore's birthday.

He's a good example of a mature, balanced person who accepts the BKs and their spirituality.
alladin
Friends and family of

actual dancing?

Post by alladin »

Anybody who was been there want to share? Was it fun? Did people get up and dance as well, or did they just sit and listen?