Murlis Pre 1965

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
john
Reforming BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Murlis Pre 1965

Post by john »

Tucked away on another thread is a little discussion about pre 1965 Murlis.

Arjun wrote in the PBK section
I requested AIVV HQs to provide a copy of pre-1965 Murlis, if any, for being uploaded here. They have sent me two pages of original handwritten Murli dated 27.8.60, but I am unable to upload the files here. May be the software of this forum does not permit such files to be uploaded.
Murlis were definitely narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba during the above mentioned period, but mostly they were hand-written and hence there were very few copies.
Maybe we should have a thread about pre 1965 Murlis and see what comes of it.
What do we know and what can we find out about the mysterious 15 - 18 years worth of illusive Murlis?
shivshankar
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: dharna

Re: Murlis Pre 1965

Post by shivshankar »

What is wrong with uploading? And what is the language they are written in?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

shivshankar wrote:What is wrong with uploading? And what is the language they are written in?
The relevant pre-1965 handwritten Murli has been uploaded in the library section. It is written in Hindi.
john
Reforming BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by john »

arjun wrote: The relevant pre-1965 handwritten Murli has been uploaded in the library section. It is written in Hindi.
Were the handwritten Murlis the official Murlis, were they transcribed from tape recordings or just some BKs notes?

Do we know what year the tape recordings started and from what year the Murlis were typed?
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

john wrote:Were the handwritten Murlis the official Murlis, were they transcribed from tape recordings or just some BKs notes?

Do we know what year the tape recordings started and from what year the Murlis were typed?
I don't have the correct answers, but I suppose that in the initial years the Murlis used to be noted down while being narrated and then manuscript copies were made and sent to different centers. But later on the manuscript copies must have been prepared by listening to the audio records. Much later (may be after 1965) they must have started sending typed and cyclostyled copies.

Some research based on the history books published by the BKs may provide some answers in this regard.