The Mysterious Vishwavidyalaya of Salt Lake

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

The Mysterious Vishwavidyalaya of Salt Lake

Post by fluffy bunny »

Hi.

I am breaking a promise I made to leave you souls in peace but I want to ask you about this incident in 2001. It reads as if it involved or affected the PBKs in Kolkata. See, the topic on the ex-BK forum, The Mysterious Vishwavidyalaya of Salt Lake.

The daughter of Sobharani Pal, 53, known to inmates of Adhyatwik Ishwariya Vishwavidyalay as "Sobha mata" is named. It involves the abduction of Khadim chief Partho Roy Burman. The head of this AIVV, Rabindranath Das was arrested. He allegedly has “a dubious record” and investigations revealed five youngsters from Azamgarh district, that had been staying at the center might have been involved.

Das went to Farrukabad on July 27 2001 to "serve" the headquarters of the Vishwavidyalaya. Inmates of the 'university' said that some rivals were trying to malign it. Das was a godlike figure to them. He has donated this huge house to the 'university', for the cause of the society.

Can anyone clarify what this is all about and what happened?

Neighbours also report women crying loudly at nights at the center.

Thank you.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Re: The Mysterious Vishwavidyalaya of Salt Lake

Post by arjun »

ex-l wrote:Can anyone clarify what this is all about and what happened?
Since the incident happened long ago, I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but I remember that PBK Rabindra Das, who was a marine engineer before dedicating his life to Godly service, was wrongly implicated in the case of abduction of the proprietor of the Khadim shoe company based in Kolkata. He was arrested from the Kampil center of AIVV and was jailed for a few months during which he was tortured a lot by the Kolkata Police. I think a case is still going on in the Calcutta High Court, but he is almost absolved of the charges. I will try to find out the present position of the case.
ex-l wrote:Neighbours also report women crying loudly at nights at the center.
This could be a rumour.
All the inmates of the Calcutta mini-Madhubans along with PBK Rabindra Das can be seen in every VCD (of Clarification Murlis and Discussion Class) that has been recorded at Calcutta mini-Madhubans. The discussions at Calcutta are the most lively ones with almost all the PBKs sitting in the gathering raising one or the other question interspersed by bouts of laughter.

Since I have not been able to log-in to the main ex-BK forum since 2nd December, and since there could be other PBKs/BKs who may not have access to that forum it would be better if the thread on this topic that also appears in that forum is deleted so that the discussions can be continued only on one forum.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun