How God is a point of light?

viji
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: to know more about BKs

How God is a point of light?

Post by viji »

I am new to this knowlegde ... totally confusing. My way of praying god is just I will treat him as my best friend and start praying to him.

I am a 7 days course student. It is difficult to imagine for me that god is point of light. How can be sure 100 % that God is point of light?

I have lot of doubts? The main objective of this education is positive thoughts. I am physically challenged but once, when I attended these classes, all are telling that I have created this karma. This itself is giving a negative influence on me. 4 of the students has told like that, "I have made karma". I felt very bad about this.
  • How are you saying that souls has rebirth? How can I make sure that there are 84 births exists?
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: How God is a point of light?

Post by fluffy bunny »

No one can know. There are lots of unanswered questions about the god of the BKs and the manner in which they discovered this god. They have changed and keep changing their philosophy, so it might changed again as well. If you have your god, stick to him.
viji wrote: The main objective of this education is positive thoughts.
"Positive thoughts" is the sales pitch. It used to be "peace of mind". There religion is marketed towards Hindus. It has changed and it will change again. More to the point is to watch where your mind, free labour and money goes ... the BKWSU wants all of them. Not for their God but for their business. Their business of religion.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

It is cruel to say things like this about karma, they are lucky to be able bodied.

If you want my opinion, you will look elsewhere for kindness and to fulfill your faith. Your practise of praying and having God as your friend seems superior to the BKs' belief and practise. I would stick with your own way.
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Post by joel »

viji wrote:I am new to this knowlegde ... totally confusing. My way of praying god is just I will treat him as my best friend and start praying to him. I am a 7 days course student. It is difficult to imagine for me that god is point of light. How can be sure 100 % that God is point of light? I have lot of doubts? The main objective of this education is positive thoughts. I am physically challenged but once, when I attended these classes, all are telling that I have created this karma. This itself is giving a negative influence on me. 4 of the students has told like that, "I have made karma". I felt very bad about this. How are you saying that souls has rebirth? How can I make sure that there are 84 births exists?
Hello Viji,

It is courageous of you to post your questions publicly.

I was a BK for 13 years, now an ex-BK for 15 years.

In my opinion, being visibly different from others -- clothing, abilities, appearance, values, etc. etc. -- has a way of bringing up prejudice and racism in insular groups such as the BKs that are overwhelmingly concerned with establishing sameness (in dress, behavior, beliefs) among its members.

For BKs, their formulation of the "Law of Karma" is presented as absolute as the laws of thermodynamics or gravity. According to them, there is no injustice in the world, because everyone is getting their own karma back.

Naive and ignorant BKs use this particular ideological hammer as a defensive tactic, blaming the person for their condition rather than:
  • accepting the person as he/she is
  • facing their own feelings of being flawed, vulnerable and different, which are typically triggered by seeing someone who differs from their unspoken images of normal
  • allowing themselves to enter into another person's world
Whether god is a point of light or people take 84 births is not important to living a fulfilled life, unless you want your fulfillment through group-cohesion with the BKs.

BKs say they really connect with God, and that they can do so because of their true and correct (according to them) knowledge of God. The existence of their (according to them) uniquely virtuous group with their mutually reinforcing beliefs and experiences, is presented as evidence of God, as in (to paraphrase) "Only god could uplift poor ignorant mothers and mold them into the highly respected spiritual leaders/warriors they are today."

It is up to you to judge if they are really extraordinary, or are just a group of individuals with shared beliefs, charismatic leaders and a particular culture.

If you were to sit in front of the class and tell of your experience of God as friend, in my opinion it would be you enriching the BK world, helping others to experience god as friend. I believe the greatness of a culture/religion/sect is in the individuals who animate the tradition, rather than the tradition itself.

These are only my thoughts. I speak to you as a person, do not claim any absolute knowledge.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

viji wrote:I am physically challenged but once, when I attended these classes, all are telling that I have created this karma. This itself is giving a negative influence on me. 4 of the students has told like that, "I have made karma". I felt very bad about this.
What you experience is the heartlessness, ignorance and arrogance of the BKWSU. Those qualities that you will discover are never that far underneath the surface. Challenge the leadership to prove their theories and you will find it is just another blind faith and superstition.

I have been a member of this forum since its beginning and a BK since the early 1980s. I keep asking BKs to explain the mechanism and limitations of their karma philosophy; how does it work, through which medium does it work, how does it have a material effect etc. No one has been able to answer. At the end of the day, they have not a clue. It is just a mental plug used to stop people from thinking and questioning whilst the religion seeks to capture the minds, bodies and wealth of the followers.

One of the ways it does this, or the spirit behind the religion does, is by making individuals feel empowered ... making them feel as if they are superior gurus ... with an answer for anything ... when, in fact, they are not. They are just as stupid, ignorant and bigoted as any one else, squawking like parrots. They honestly do not know, they have just learned to squawk what they have heard through repetition. What is even funnier is that much of what they squawk is not even in the teachings themselves.

The religion has its roots in an uneducated 30s business community run in a near feudal system. The leaders have insulated themselves from real question and examination. Their marketing has improved, their morals have not (or if they have, I have seen no significant example of it). They cannot prove their beliefs and false predictions of Destruction (End of the World) because they keep failing. All they do is erase, re-write and change them. Save your self the years of waiting to find out what we have found out.

Even within Buddhism, where the theory of karma was refined and developed, it is accepted that only part of lives are subject to karma, much of it is beyond our control and random.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

viji wrote:I am new to this knowlegde ... totally confusing. My way of praying god is just I will treat him as my best friend and start praying to him.
In my opinion Viji, if you have this already then there may be no need to search deeper. If God is already in your heart just open it a little more to get a deeper experience and enjoy the journey.

Ancient Toltec wisdom dictates that as human beings we have a need for more and more information in order to define who we are, then we start questioning the same info we have looked for, which confuses us.

The problem is that we humans are often afraid to open our heart energy centres, as many of us carry hurt and fear therein so we then look for a system which will make us feel better and allow us to open up the heart, whilst still remaining safe. Better for our connection to God to remain simple and open-hearted then. At least this wont allow others to confuse us with their own silly and irrelevant God-practice. Follow your heart is my suggestion to you, and don't allow anyone else to 'convince' you that something is missing. It is not.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

viji wrote:I am physically challenged but once, when I attended these classes, all are telling that I have created this karma. This itself is giving a negative influence on me. 4 of the students has told like that, "I have made karma". I felt very bad about this.
Om Shanti. I am sorry to know that you had to pass through this experience in the initial days of your association with BKWSU. Even if we believe that our karma is responsible for our plight, but we are not supposed to tell this to any sufferer on his/her face. Whether it is a BK or a PBK, they should avoid causing sorrows to anyone through such words.

If you can forget your bad experience with a few souls among BKs and if you decide to explore the knowledge as taught by ShivBaba, you may find many things which may boost your level of confidence. God says every soul has immense powers within it. It is just a question of realizing those powers and harnessing them for the benefit of the self and others.

With regards,
OGS
Arjun