Number of planets according to God

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Number of planets according to God

Post by paulkershaw »

arjun wrote:The second page of the Vani dated 21st January, 1968. On the basis of their stage, children can understand themselves, under the influence of which planet are we? There are 9 planets.

There are 9 sages. 9 clans emerge from them. 9 categories of Brahmins are said to be there and nine religions have been established in the world on the basis of those 9 categories. And there are 9 main religious founders of the 9 religions.
Virendra Dev Dixit wrote:Murli quote above:- "There are nine planets, isn’t it?"
Again, without trying to be petty, I'd comment that the teachings of the times were relevant to the times. This Murli quote relates to a 1968 class. There has been scientific discovery in recent times of more planets which makes this Murli quote either invalid or only for those who insist on keeping things the way they were.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Extracts of PBK Murlis - as narrated to the PBKs

Post by fluffy bunny »

Hmmn ... you seem to be right, Paul.

Pluto has been downgraded and is counted amongst dwarf planets; Ceres, Makemake and Eris. So there are only 8 now. On the other hand, according to the BBC in 2006 who count both categories, there are 12 planets. Hindu astrology also accounts for two invisible planet (Mandi and Gulik), which would make it 14. So how do we understand this?

Do we have a post-materialist scientific God that does not believe in Vedic lore ... did he stop reading the National Geographic or Scientific American in 1967 (Samoilova-Yakhontov published on Minor planets in 1968) ... has someone been at the Murlis with an Tippex ... or has he or have the scientists got it plain wrong?

It might not be worth point out that 1968 was also the release date for Destroy All Planets and Planet of the Apes.
jannisder
Friends and family of

Re: Number of planets according to God

Post by jannisder »

Sounds like the dinosaur stuff.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

jannisder wrote:Sounds like the dinosaur stuff.
And the population of the world being 5 Billion ... so why does God not know what he is talking about?

The Hindu answer is that "God is testing our faith". The Brahm Kumaris answer is ... "we can always make up some story, re-edit it at a later point and depend on some senior brother to make up a crack pot theory to quieten minds down". To question "the Baba's" lack of ability and accuracy is to be seen to be unfaithful and will be punished with exclusion if it continues.

Its funny but, from my memory of reading the Sakar Murlis, "God" had good knowledge of Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse and Bollywood but was not noted to have read any scientific papers.

(Idea! ... Please invest $10,000s and several years of your life in me. I wont repay it and you will left with nothing at the end of it ... but I will teach you all about faith and that will be worth multi-millions to you in the future ... after you are dead!!!).
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

Yeah, God is testing faith ... NOT TO FALL FOR THIS STUFF. Testing to see if you are strong enough to be an individual, and handle all that comes your way.

If you are capable, live your life without holding the hand of some thing like bkwso, or whatever they call themselves today. Find your own path, happiness, creativity, desires and dreams as a free person with no bands to hold you back. That takes some guts!

Live ...
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Basically, I agree and I think most here do. Its a good enough path in comparison to some or most religions but to go further, you have to leave it and stand on your own feet. It is not a failure to do so at all. They need to aggressively indoctrinate people that doubting, questioning or leaving it is a failure ... because anyone with reason will do so and most people do.

Become your own Brahma. Live your own life. Learn your own lessons, as you say Jan, not lessons pertaining to some Sindhi business community in the 30s. I mean, the thing is ... the Sindhi we are talking here (Lekhraj Kirpalani included) about were not even real Hindus never mind Brahmins, not even educated except for business. They were ignorant and materialistic beyond the level any of us here could dream of ... how can they become our saints? Are they really that reformed?

Back to the planets though ... 8, 9, 10, 12 or 14 ... what is the explanation for this Muril quote? Is silence of 'the Baba' right and science wrong again? Does 'the Baba' not also mention the "omens of Rahu" (an astrological influence of chaos and cruelty, worldy desire, and random or uncontrolled growth without wisdom or understanding)? Does he mention Ketu also?

One for the Murli scribes to answer ...
bansy

Post by bansy »

ex-l wrote:One for the Murli scribes to answer
The Vishnu Party folks have lots of details of planets, so you can check it out with them.
ex-l wrote:Become your own Brahma. Live your own life. Learn your own lessons,
How ? The BKs are doing that themselves,maybe not all but surely many are.