BK Gazing (drishti) practice in relation to self

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
chai bhai
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Re: BK Gazing (drishti) practice in relation to self

Post by chai bhai »

I like the practice of informal drishti, if you want to call it that. What i mean is when we look at people, which of course we do throughout the day, looking at them with a soul-conscious loving awareness, and in remembrance of god too. It's just a way of passing good vibes along. That is my preference more than the 'ritual' as you mention arjun Bhai. The ritual has its own power, but there is a time and place for it.

In response to one of the other posts (was it you bansy?), when I have been on the gaddi, i have never really noticed whether anyone is looking at me or not. I am meditating after all ... my attention is elsewhere.

Kind regards to all and sundry, chai
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by bansy »

chai Bhai wrote:in response to one of the other posts (was it you bansy?)
Don't recall, doesn't matter.
when i have been on the gaddi i have never really noticed whether anyone is looking at me or not. i am meditating after all ... my attention is elsewhere.
Yes, but it draws attention. If your attention can be elsewhere during meditation, then what is the need for a gaddi when you can sit perfectly amongst all the others on the floor, even if it just focusing on a red light on the wall ?
chai bhai
BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Post by chai bhai »

Hello there bansy.

In my experience, 'drishti' does make a difference. I also like to meditate alone, but I can not deny the power of collective meditation. It is a little the same with drishti. It does help people to focus and concentrate when there is someone leading the meditation on a 'gaddi'. Not all the time, but it is a support for me while we make my practice independent of all supports. It helps me along the way.

Of course, it is not about who is sitting where, what room I am in or what my environment is, but the who what and where do help me along the way for sure. But of course, I think one has to decide for oneself what is appropriate for us At any given time. I have done both. Extended periods of time having meditation in solitude, and also regular attendance at more 'official' gatherings. Both fulfil a different purpose. I like both.

Peace and regards, chai
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Quoted from the PBK Section where this point was posted today:
“Now the Father explains-Children, leave everything else and remember only me; then your sins will get destroyed. It is not necessary that someone should sit in front of you and enable you to do nishtha (Yoga), or give drishti. Father says one must remember Father while walking or moving. Keep your chart – how much time did I spend in remembrance? After waking up in the morning how much time did I talk to Father? Did I sit in Baba’s remembrance today? One must work hard with oneself like this.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 4.1.06, page 2 & 3 published by BKs in Hindi and translated by a PBK)
chai bhai
BK

Post by chai bhai »

Thanks arjun Bhai. I learned something new the other day in Hindi too, and your Murli point reminded me of it. Cheltay feertay (something like that) which means while walking and moving around. that sure is the aim for me. For drishti to be an inside practice not just an outside one. Keeping my vision high and good and strong. But not 'zapping' people either!

I remember when I first came in Gyan and people would look a lot at my forehead, I used to think there was something on there. a bit of rice or something. It did not take me too long to catch on. Thank god we do not do that so much any more! Although there are some old timers who still like it. It goes with the smile without showing your teeth. I prefer the internal drishti practice just dribbling out and giving good vibrations to people in a natural way.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

I rembered sum'ting else from Chai Bhai's post: "
it goes with the smile without showing your teeth.

Does anyone remember being taught that it was Gyan to smile and show a happy face but never to show the teeth ... now I wonder where that teaching comes from?

The mind spins at the thoughts of some answers I could get!
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Practise of drishti

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti. I have been thinking of writing about a TV programme broadcast by BKWSU on some faith based Hindi TV channels like Aastha, Jagaran, Sanskar, etc. I had long ago seen an interview of one Sister Shivani on one of these channels for a few minutes. I liked her way of giving replies in a natural way unlike other senior BK sisters who lecture on TV channels with a not-so natural smile.

Later on I also heard some of my colleagues praising her interviews. Even today one of my colleagues told me how his wife (who is a regular viewer of the above interview) persuaded him to watch her interview last Sunday. He was telling how she spoke on ways to control anger. I have come to know that Sister Shivani is a married to another BK. I don't know if she became a BK before marriage or after it. But her dressing up as a surrendered BK teacher does not give an idea to the viewers that she is married. I also heard that both of them live as surrendered BKs. Any BK has more information or has met them?

Another of my colleague also likes her interviews and one day he came to me saying that his wife has decided to visit one of the BK centers to learn about BK RajYoga. He asked me about the addresses of the BK centers and I suggested to him to visit their website. He located the nearest BK center. His wife and her friend visited the center. Although his wife liked the BK method of RajYoga but her friend did not find it attractive. Actually, the BK teacher asked both of them to sit in front of her and take drishti from her.

Although my colleague's wife had a nice experience her friend started laughing when she was asked to take drishti by staring at her face. She did not continue therafter. This method of RajYoga sowed seeds of apprehension in the mind of my colleague and he talked to me whether this method was correct. Although being a PBK, I do not approve of the method of drishti, I had to explain to him that this method of drishti is followed by the BKs to practice soul consciousness. It would be better if the BK Sisters clarify the meaning of exchange of drishti to newcomers before teaching them RajYoga.

On Godly Service,
Arjun
alladin
Friends and family of

stare at me

Post by alladin »

Arjun wrote: Although being a PBK, I do not approve of the method of drishti, I had to explain to him that this method of drishti is followed by the BKs to practice soul consciousness. It would be better if the BK Sisters clarify the meaning of exchange of drishti to newcomers before teaching them RajYoga.
Maybe the SIC is a yogini, more than a Gyani soul :-? and just wanted to practise reaching the student's soul with the arrow of Yoga, opening his third eye with a laser beam. She took no detour and adopted the most efficient method: hypnotism, which goes hand in hand with the other pillar of BK Raja Yoga, mediumship.