Five BKs booked for murder

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Five BKs booked for murder

Post by fluffy bunny »

This related to another story we discussed in the sexual assault topic.

I know that what charged were finally made but at the time we read that the center-in-charges all absconded, the brother involved was accused of mental illness (aren't they all?) but contributed financially to the BK related construction and there were some accusations made of a rape of a Brahma Kumari.

Here we actually read of a "mysterious death of a Brahmkumari at the ashram about six months ago".

Panipat was one of the five cities (prasthas) said to founded by the Pandava brothers during the times of the Mahabharata; its historic name being Panduprastha. It is about 90 km from Delhi.
arjun wrote:I would like to say that my BK sources have informed me that it was a case of suicide of a surrendered Brother while other residents of the center were away, while as per the non-BK view (as reported to me by non-BKs) it was a case of murder through poisoning because the Brother knew some confidential facts that he wanted to make public. Even if it was really a case of suicide, the circumstances that led to it would certainly be investigated by the Police since the matter has been in public domain since quite long time.

It might be recalled that Panipat is the same place where some PBK Brothers were kidnapped and beaten mercilessly by BKs after their megaprogramme a couple of years ago. Aged PBK mothers were also manhandled by the BK guards on the same occasion.
Tribune News Service wrote:Five booked for murder - Panipat, April 21, 2007

Five persons, including the convener of the local Brahmkumari Ashram, have been booked on a charge of murder after the ashram's media in charge died under mysterious circumstances yesterday.

According to sources, the deceased, Bhai Mahavir, was working at the ashram for the past 27 years. His brother said he received a call from the ashram last evening stating that his brother was unwell. He soon reached the ashram and rushed him to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead at about 10 pm and is suspected to have consumed poison.

The relatives of the deceased threw stones at the ashram and accused ashram conveners Sarla Behan and Brahmkumar Bharat Bhushan of poisoning Bhai Mahavir.

They alleged that both of them had threatened him following the mysterious death of a Brahmkumari at the ashram about six months ago. Sources said a suicide note was also recovered from the victim's pocket in which he had levelled serious allegations on some ashram people.

The police has registered a case against Sarla Behan, Bharat Bhushan, Vinod Kumar, Pravin Kumar and Ashok. No arrest has been made so far.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Re: Five BKs booked for murder

Post by paulkershaw »

There we go again! The other centre niwassis 'called' his brother to take him to hospital and did not take him themselves. What a nice 'family'.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Five BKs booked for murder

Post by fluffy bunny »

Its only when you start to add up all the parts ... what makes it more interesting is that BK Sarla Bahen (Circle In-Charge) was party to the foundation of Brahma Kumari Om Shanti Helpline in Panipat a year and a bit before. See; http://www.omshantihelpline.com.
Om Shanti Help Line' is an electronic Godly service run by centres of Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya. This help line service is dedicated to liberate people from evils, aimed to help people attain peace and happiness ... The words filled with sweetness and spiritual powers will soothe you, heal you and motivate you. If you or any one in your contact is having depression, tension, worry, sorrow, fear or any other such ill feelings, then you must make a call to Om Shanti Help Line now.
BKWSU wrote:June 27, 2004 - Launching of 'Om Shanti Help Line' at Panipat

Mr. Braj Pal Singh, GM, BSNL, Panipat made the inauguration call to OSHL at Panipat. BK Anand Bhai and BK Suryamani Bhai were specially invited. Mr. K. S. Ahlawat (GM, Dist. Industrial Centre), BK Sarla Bahen (Circle In-Charge) and BK Sunita Bahen were also present on this occasion.