ex-BKs start a new life, family and announcements

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Re: ex-BKs start a new life, family and announcements

Post by paulkershaw »

Oh Please! Whats the point of getting married and then 'following BK principles"? - the only reason I can see is that a marriage will benefit the Yagya in some way.

IF Brian Bacon is getting married, its high time he enjoyed his life the 'normal' way. But let us see if the BKWSU ADVERTISES his workshops from now or not, or if he's out on his own in the blue yonder.
chai bhai
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Post by chai bhai »

Hello everyone, this is really in response to your posting paul.

I do know for sure that there is one brother who is old in Gyan - 24 years or something - and he really wants to get married a lot. About every 5 to 10 years he does the rounds of the sisters! No takers so far, but he is persistent. He comes from a close lokik family and he just wants a worldly companion to share his life with. He does want to remain a celibate bk and follow the principles.

His reasons are his own I suppose but maybe some - after years of thinking Destruction is around the corner but having seen it is around the corner and then over the hill and around the bend! - just want company in their day to day life. In the West, there are not many who have the support of a partner or lokik family on the path. But ... they are just my thoughts.

Kind regards, chai
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

This may all be of course, or he just ain't a good cook!
chai bhai
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i like that this forum gives people the chance to have conversation they may not be able to have elsewhere. we can meet people from different parts of the world, all who have a collective real wealth of experience in Raja Yoga. i support the ideal of an open forum where everyone has a voice and can speak freely.

Post by chai bhai »

Oh yes! I am sure there are some deep reasons such as that, driving the hearts of things!!
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

ex-l wrote:the notable Relax Kids' Marneta Viegas, often promoted at the Global Retreat and other BK events, having spread her wings and being seen walking around Willesden Green very much in love with Dadi's blessing
OK, I wrote "with Dadi's blessings" but I did not mean it. In truth, I was being a little sardonic (skeptically humorous). I cant imagine that it could go well with her at all. I mean 70 years of "swords of lust" ... "oceans of poison" ... vicious males and (yikes) ... THE ATTACHMENT TO A BODILY BEING ... and, of course, the memory of her own marriage even if her family (parents and sister, I understand) were in Gyan too. I think we do not know the whole or true story about that.

But, for me, this whole issue raises the question about the leadership's intuition, integrity and commitment to the very principles they define and advertise themselves with.

All respect to all 3 of these leading BK followers for breaking the mould, finding themselves and flying free again. I mean that ... BUT ... why were the BKWSU using them to promote their pure consciousness, advertising them and their businesses and allow them to use the BKWSU network for the sake of their businesses? Does not it all go against the BK grain?

From the BK 'business' point of view, is not it all supposed to be ... "all dependent on the consciousness"? So what consciousness, what example is the BKWSU promoting exactly? I mean, Lucinda and Bliss were even promoted in the BKWSU teachers training manuals on how to do the course was a, sort of, sanctified approval ... hugs on stage from Dadi Janki etc.

I think there are a number of young, talented Brahma Kumari sisters ... especially those second generation ones born into the movement ... that the leadership cannot fit into any place within their hierarchy because their hierarchy is full of unaccountable, undemocratically elected incumbents; fat bottomed middle management that have installed themselves on some guddhi, or have gained immoveable status because of their financial clout ... or perhaps even dirt dishing, dirt laundry hanging capacity. Is this really any different from medieval Catholicism or the corrupt Gelug-pa Yellow Hats pre-Chinese invasion? Should not a few be demoted, retired, sent out to work or moved around centers a bit.

The BKWSU leadership has caste the foundations for their lives but finds them redundant to demand ... so what are they supposed to do? See our chat with alanna as reference ... I am absolutely sure that there are many of them NO ONE is talking to and asking questions who are a little confused or concerned or upset. And we all know how difficult establishing and maintaining relationships can be. How real can life with a princesses' prince be?

So are the Dadis just sitting back and thinking, as BK do, "Oh, they will be back with their tails between their legs ... faces 'blackened with lust' begging for mercy at Destruction" ... or is it all just a calculated BUSINESS decision. Investment ... return ... investment ... return ... investment ... return ... And what of the Brahma Kumari Intellectual Property that all these relaxed business consultants carry ... are they expect to stop using it ... hand it back ... or pay a commission for it? Is the Spiritual Leadership of the Spiritual University not concerned by the Spiritual Vibrations that the products of vicious ... onion munching ... sweaty, panting, fornicating ex-BKs bring back into their holy edifices?

Or am I just ignorant and are the leadership such powerful enough yogis to just purify such vibrations ... when it it good for business? I have even seen them using individual, famous microphone souls with no knowledge of the actual agenda and no adherence to any principles to do their service. So what is it all about? God consciousness or market value?

And who considers the lives of the little people that just want to be ordinary that being squeezed though this bizarre sausage machine as we sit comfortably and muse over it all !?! (Oh ... hold this morning's spiritual class for a moment ... I have my accountant and solicitor on a conference call in 15 minutes time).
hope1
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: promoting harmony and finding information

Post by hope1 »

Well, Brian Bacon's marriage did appear as Item 9.4 in the University of Hawaii's minutes back in May of last year ... Minutes for Senate Meeting 07-004 Date of Meeting: May, 21 2007 at UHHSA Office.

9.4 UN Advisor
  • - Brian Bacon advisor to the Secretary General
    - Going to be here in August to get married
    - Friend of mom's fiancé wants to make a peace center
    - Potential speaker
    - Justin will take care of this for end of August
I wonder who the "friend of mom's fiance" is ...
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

Well, if he is truly ex-BK, and out of the BKWSU, then its probably time to afford him some privacy and make such discussion off topic.

On the other hand, I wonder how much or if he has taken any of the BKWSU's "intellectual property" with him? And some ex-BKs, now happily shacked up with loving partners supporting them, have made the transition back into 'consultative positions' as 'contact souls'.

Perhaps the BKWSU just like keeping its hands on its best assets. That was dated May 2007, so has the marriage been on the cards for some time? The word to the BKs just arrived quite recently.
driedexbk
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: It has been over a year that I left the center but still there is a lot of pain in my heart...pain caused by deception. I went in looking to come into grips with my own sense of self and came out with no faith at all. The experience was so bad at times that now I am clear there is no such a god. For that I am grateful. Yet, there were other moments that I would not change for the best of my experiences. I experienced love as I had never imagined! It was a beautiful experience of forbidden love.

Post by driedexbk »

Wow! This is awesome!