What to do? Alternative roles and training for BK sisters

DEDICATED to BKs.
For those involved with the Brahma Kumaris, to discuss issues about the BKWSU in a free and open manner.
bkti-pit
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: What to do? Alternative roles and training for BK Sisters

Post by bkti-pit »

tom wrote:And warrior attached to his post a letter from a United Kingdom Center sent to the students asking for donations for the expenses.
Tom! Any specific on where I can read this post?
tom
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mahatma Gandhi said first :"God is Truth", ultimately he said "Truth is God"
which made me a member of this forum.

Post by tom »

Hi, bkti-pit,

Here:

Re: ex-l's recent postings damaging how the forum is perceived by warrior on 11 May 2008 (click image below)

Tom
tom
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mahatma Gandhi said first :"God is Truth", ultimately he said "Truth is God"

Post by tom »

Hi yogi108,
yogi108 wrote:... I heard that in the UK there are at least seven of those ten foot chests filled with living BK's will's and once they die (ooops sorry, leave body) will get executed and new ones will take their place ...
Wow ... Like "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" !(see: Wikipedia).

Tom
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

bkti-pit wrote:I know a Brother who got a speeding ticket on his way to pick-up a guest at the airport. Although he receives something like $50 a month for his personal expenses, he cannot afford paying for the ticket and he wouldn't ask the Center to pay for it. He simply considers spending a few nights in jail. A Brother who has a lokik job offered to pay his ticket but it is embarrassing for him. I don't know the final outcome.
The concerned BK center should have paid the fine because he was going on service. It is very sad that he has to spend nights in jail for having done Godly service.

Such incidents also happen with the PBK brothers who drive vehicles for Yagya service and I don't think they have ever had to pay such fines from their pockets or to go to jail. There are many PBK brothers who started practicing driving while living at PBK mini-Madhubans and were even involved in minor accidents but Baba did not lose faith in them and now they have become expert drivers.
yogi108 wrote:I know of one case where a Sister was going back from the US to India and she did not have any money to take care of emergency situations that might come up during travel ... One of the students out of his generosity gave a couple of hundred dollars and she was so happy ...
I came to know of a recent incident where some young BK teachers were returning from Madhuban after submitting their yearly accounts. They had to change a train at one of the big metropolitans of India. One of the sisters, whose relatives were PBKs requested them to arrange for some PBKs from that metropolitan city to help them to catch the connecting train. But the first train was so late that they missed the connecting train and were stranded at the station.

They knew a local BK center (there are more than 100 in that city), but the incharge of that bk center did not give a positive response. So, those poor teachers were left with no choice but to travel by bus to their final destination. The PBKs did receive them and brought them to the Bus Station. And luckily for them a senior BK brother of that metropolitan, who had accompanied one of those bk sisters in a two month service project, helped them in reaching their destination by footing their travel expenses. Otherwise they would have been left with no choice but to stay at the waiting room of the Rly. Stn.

The above incident shows how, in spite of BKs having a network of thousands of centers, do not have any shelter for their own surrendered sisters who needed help in emergency situations in an alien city. The PBKs, who had never seen them, proved useful, but their own BK centers did not prove helpful although an individual BK did help them in time of need.
yogi108
BK

Post by yogi108 »

Om Shanti Arjun Bhai,

Good incidents to show the colors of the BK family. I only wanted a PBK answer to the original question being posted by ex-l ...

Are the surrendered brothers and sisters being encouraged to pursue higher education, career and training to serve the souls who have different needs apart from spiritual knowledge?

Do the surrendered souls get any monthly allowance to take care of their personal buys?

What does Virendra Dev Dixit offer in terms of advice when someone comes to surrender themselves for Godly service?

I wanted answers to compare it with the BK world ...

Yogi
arjun
PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

yogi108 wrote:Om Shanti Arjun Bhai,

Good incidents to show the colors of the BK family. I only wanted a PBK answer to the original question being posted by EXL...
Om Shanti. These are the questions that I tried to answer in detail a few days ago, but lost it while submitting the post. Anyways I will try to answer these questions once again, but one by one.
Are the surrendered Brothers and Sisters being encouraged to pursue higher education, career and training to serve the souls who have different needs apart from spiritual knowledge?
As far as PBK sisters are concerned, neither the surrendered nor the non-surrendered sisters are encouraged to pursue higher education because of the Iron-Aged atmosphere in the schools and colleges in today's world.

If the PBK sisters surrender/dedicate their life for Godly service after completing their lokik education, their capabilities are used for Yagya service, depending on their specialization. For example there are sisters who have studied accounting/commerce, medicine, computers, tailoring, etc. and each one is assigned duty depending on their capability as well as interest.

As regards the PBK brothers, they can study to any level because they have to stand on their own feet and take care of their dependants (including parents or younger siblings).

But once they have surrendered, whether they are brothers or sisters, they don't pursue higher education while living at the mini-Madhubans.
tom
ex-BK

Post by tom »

Arjun wrote:But once they have surrendered, whether they are Brothers or Sisters, they don't pursue higher education while living at the mini-Madhubans.
Dear Arjun,

With all respect, more or less it is the same system, once in, no way out.

Of course, because PBK world is smaller, there is more care and mercy.

Tom
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

tom wrote:With all respect, more or less it is the same system, once in, no way out. Of course, because PBK world is smaller, there is more care and mercy.
There is a big difference which needs to be noted and that is about the connection of all the mini-Madhubans and many gitapathshalas with Baba or the head quarters of AIVV. Baba and the nimit sisters at the headquarters are generally aware of whatever is going on at the various mini-Madhubans and gitapathshalas, but in case of BKWSU, the BK HQs comes to know of the developments of a particular center only through proper channel, i.e. through the local main center, zonal headquarter, etc. that too when the situation becomes very serious.

In case of AIVV all PBKs/gitapathshalas/mini-Madhubans follow the directions of one, whereas the decision making power of BKWSU has been vested in different zonal heads and heads of departments/wings (at Mount Abu), etc.
yogi108
BK

Post by yogi108 »

Tom,

You are right after all PBK is another BK branch with some refinements (I hope). Yes, they are able to manage it because they are small ...

Arjun Bhai ... Its still the same. Would you do me a favor ... can you ask Baba that some of the children have asked why the Nimit sisters and Brothers be trained for example say Internet so that they can read what goes on this forum ...?

Also I heard you mention that in the Iron days what is the use of education ... believe me, I have heard this so much in BK Yagya that I am really sick of hearing this all over again ...

When I started going to the Gym ... I was told that, "use your bones in Baba's service. Whatever you pay the Gym, donate into the bandhara ..."

I wanted to go on a vacation with my family ... I was told how stressful its going to be ... "why don't you go to Peace village retreat ...".

I want to buy a house ... "Oh no, brother ... Destruction is around the corner ... don't do it now ... By the way DJ is coming to inspect the new retreat home Baba is buying, why don't you join us ...".

The sister got pretty ****** when i went ahead and did what I wanted to do ...

Brother Arjun. I guess if we are able to contribute back to the Yagya be it the BK or the PBK through some of the serious thoughts that are being discussed ... then it will be great GOD's service ...

In the BK world, its very difficult to do this. But I guess you have some flexibility to give feedback to Baba ... or whoever is coming in to Virendra Dev Dixit's body ...

Yogi
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

yogi108 wrote:"why don't you go to Peace village retreat ..."
... and leave your money there. I can promise folks, there are many stress-free places to go and even "ethical holidays" to take your money to where it really will "alleviate poverty" (like the charity registration says).

Alternative roles and training? Funnily enough, on this topic I would like to be very serious ... BUT ... in the meanwhile; tour guides and travel agents.
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

yogi108 wrote:Arjun Bhai ... Its still the same. Would you do me a favor ... can you ask Baba that some of the children have asked why the Nimit Sisters and Brothers be trained for example say Internet so that they can read what goes on this forum ...?
I think there are already many nimit brothers and sisters who are well-versed with internet and probably read the proceedings of this forum, but I doubt if they would spend so much of money, time and energy to go through all this. But if they do, it is good for everyone. The same applies for BKWSU.
Also I heard you mention that in the Iron days what is the use of education ... believe me, I have heard this so much in BK Yagya that I am really sick of hearing this all over again ...
In all such cases, including gym, excursions, property, etc. the views/approach of PBKs is same as that of BKs, in fact, it may be stricter. That is one of the reasons for the small number of PBKs.
yogi108
BK

Post by yogi108 »

Arjun Bhai,

Cant you question it within the PBK world or is it that if you do then you become a non-believer ...?

Or is it that you are not convinced of the need for whatever is being mentioned in this topic ...

Yogi
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

yogi108 wrote:Cant you question it within the PBK world or is it that if you do then you become a non-believer ...?
Dear brother,

I just told you what the official position is about pursuing education/alternative trainings with regard to PBKs. But it is not that all the PBKs are following it. They are free to do as they wish. In spite of the official direction on education, many PBKs are pursuing education. It is not that Baba gets angry with those PBKs who pursue education. He interacts with them in the same way as others.

It is only in case of those PBK sisters (living with their parents) who do not wish to pursue further studies and wish to dedicate their life for Godly service that they are encouraged to discontinue and join Godly service. But PBK brothers are free to pursue their studies, but they are encouraged to pursue job oriented courses so that they could stand on their feet early.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

yogi108 wrote:Do the surrendered souls get any monthly allowance to take care of their personal buys?
I don't think they get any monthly allowance to take care of their personal purchases, but all their personal needs are met by the Yagya. But whatever things they get for their personal use are very simple. What surrendered BKs get in terms of facilities is a big luxury for the surrendered PBKs.

Most of the surrendered BKs have separate accomodation, many a times they also get separate rooms depending on the status. Even in dormitory type separate accomodation for surrendered BKs they at least get a separate cot and an safe place to keep their personal belongings. But in case of surrendered PBKs, they have to sleep on the floor like all other visitors and keep their belongings in open cupboards, with all kinds of visitors to their rooms. There is no privacy at all.

The only special treatment that the surrendered PBKs get is a glass of milk or any other beverage, or fruits etc. that the temporary residents (PBKs coming for bhatti or any other purpose) don't get.

The surrendered PBK brothers generally don't go out even for haircuts. Some have become experts in hair cutting. The other day I saw a very senior surrendered brother cutting the hairs of a non-surrendered brother, who was in the mini-Madhubans for service. I asked the non-surrendered brother jokingly as to how much he is going to pay the other brother. The surrendered brother gave a quick reply that there is not going to be any karmic account because of this as the non-surrendered brother would cut his hairs in return.

Actually, there are very few surrendered brothers in the PBK Yagya. Very few have stayed in the Yagya for a very long period.

With regards,
ogs,
Arjun
arjun
PBK

Post by arjun »

yogi108 wrote:What does Veerendra Dev Dixit offer in terms of advice when someone comes to surrender themselves for Godly service?
I have not been witness to any PBK sister meeting ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) when she comes to surrender herself for Godly service, but I have heard that among other things, he also asks them whether they wish to surrender permanently or on a trial basis initially? Those who wish to live at the mini-Madhubans on a trial basis are allowed to live there for a few weeks/months before taking the decision to stay there permanently. Although theoretically speaking ShivBaba should know everything, but I suppose the corporeal Chariot tries to find out through his conversation with the sister about her level of detachment and willingness for Godly service.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun