Having a partner, getting married & becoming a mum, dad etc

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
andrey
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Having a partner, getting married & becoming a mum, dad etc

Post by andrey »

Andrey, to be honest, when you talk like this, for me it is more like Vaishnavism. Did you study with the Hare Krishna or is it from a previous birth?
I find Hare Krishna movement having lifestyle similar to the Bk, (celibacy, even offering food, keeping photos, BKs also sing and dance and celebrate, some rituals like worshipping of books etc) but knowledge is very different.

In the west, one always has to have or is always looking for girl/boyfriends. It is very much cultural matter. In other cultures it is not accepted to stare at people at the streets to kiss and hug in front of everyone, to have boyfriend etc. There is promoting of certain lifestyle. Also vegetarianism and religious practices are more innate to some cultures, whilst to others to be religious is a shame. In some cultures it is normal to marry, but not to have boy/girlfiend. The BK lifestyle is connected with the lifestyle in Indian culture where it originated. If you make it different in the different places it is no more the same thing.

There is also advantage in being single. It is said a family man has 1000 concerns, whilst the single has a single concern - how to marry.
ermine
BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Despite of I am not regular followers I would like to express my entire support BKWSU and equally criticize them.

Post by ermine »

Om Shanti
could you give me this name of this film: "the movie was Korean."
Om Shanti
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

'Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter ... And Spring' by Kim Ki-duk.

BKs might go glossy eyed at it because it is "spiritual" and "about the cycle". Initially it is very, very beautiful shot. But, in my opinion, that turns out to be its best idea and it is spoilt by unnecessary cruelty, sadism, so sadly typical of too much Korean media. Stones are tied to fish, frogs and snakes and killed, ropes strung around cockerels, a turtle is flipped on its back, humans and cats get it too ... PETA would hate it and quite rightly so.

It is a morality tale and so it might pass BK musters ... but it also includes a torrid sex scene during the breaking of Maryadas and so might seed bad Maya for some (Hmmn ... how long until someone shoots a hot ex-BK movie in India?).
alladin
Friends and family of

Post by alladin »

Thanks ex-l for filling in the info, I was also browsing on the web to get the director's name straight! I remember the scenes in which animals are being tortured. I had probably fallen asleep by the time Shrimat was being broken, or Baba mercifully narcotized me! What a shame!
(Hmmn ... how long until someone shoots a hot ex-BK movie in India?).
And what makes you think that it hasn't happened already and is circulating in VIPs' rooms and special quarters?

Maybe we can recycle ourselves and play in it (paid, pls!), unless they require virgins only! :lol: They would probably be able to find many volunteers for this kind of service, recruiting in the troops of frustrated BKs! ( Sorry, I am bad, but it's ex-l who started it!)
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

ex-l starts everything bad ... God got it wrong about the beginning of the Copper Age too.

How about, Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om?

An enjoyable romp, both a homage to and parody of Bollywood, that might lead an ex-BK to "Having a partner, getting married & becoming a mum, dad etc". Thanks to it I now have an enjoyable memory of the old Om Shanti mantra and no longer feel it is entirely tainted by the BKs appropriation of it.
Omshantiom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ablesan
Not sure
Affinity to the BKWSU: Supreme Spiritual Surgery
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Every path is valid if it gets you to where you want to go...

Post by ablesan »

Hey Enlightened one,

I just heard about the brahma kumaris an hour ago, before that, it never entered my reality. I guess every path is valid if it gets you to where to want to go. That's what creation is, infinite possibilities and infinite probabilities ... of the same one thing ! Enjoy ... if you want to know who the "B" is, let me know;
Q: Hello.

B: And to you, good day.

Q: Right now I am at a crossroads.

B: Oh, very exciting!

Q: Yes it is, as far as my career goes, but also I think in the direction of my whole life right now.

B: Oh, whole life! All right.

Q: Yes. And I know where I want to go, but I am not really sure how to get there.

B: Now, have you heard about the idea before of doing what excites you?

Q: Yes.

B: Have you applied that idea at every given moment in your life?

Q: Probably not every, no; but I am trying to more and more.

B: All right. I'll let you say, "trying" for now. Remember that you do not necessarily need a particular idea that functions as a career that you will do for the rest of your life -- to be able to do at any given moment what excites you the most at that moment, with integrity.

Again, it may be simply an issue of learning to place your trust in a positive frame of reference, as opposed to placing trust in a negative frame of reference. Do remember -- do remember. and we do not mean that this indicates it must take a long time.

But do remember that your society has impregnated all of you with so many beliefs, so many different definitions, that it may simply take a little while before you play all of them out. Bring them all back up to the surface to determine and decide for yourself which of those definitions really represents the life you really prefer. And therefore, which of those definitions you want to keep, and which of those definitions you want to change. It may simply take a little while to do that, because you have so many definitions.

Have things, in your estimation, using your language, been generally improving?

Q: Oh, yes!

B: All right. Does that allow you to feel happy?

Q: Very much so.

B: Does feeling happy allow things in your life to generally improve faster?

B: All right. So the happier you are, the faster they will improve -- according to your preference, yes?

Q: Mhmm.

B: So be as happy as you can. That is one of the things each and every one of you can do. And it is not a matter -- it is not a matter of the idea of saying: "Oh well, yes, all well and good to have a nice attitude, but that doesn't really affect the nature of things in my life." Oh, yes it does.

Attitude is everything. It is the main lever, the main dial, the main pointer that takes you down the hallway of events. Because there are
many probable hallways -- of styles of events, of how things in your life might manifest. When your pointer is always happy, then you
always go down the hallways that represent the happiest and most synchronous events.

So the idea of what can you do is, first, to be in that place in the present, to be in that energy state in the present, where you are happy with whom and what you are to begin with. Full self-validation.

Full self-validation. Full self-validation. No doubt, no regret, no guilt in the negative sense. Full integrity; full trust in a positive notion, the positive direction you know you are, the positive idea you know you are.

And also remembering that you don't need me to remind you of these things; that the interaction we are having now, you are perceiving, not because of me, but because of you, because you are creating this interaction in your reality.

So any time you feel you need a pep talk, understand you have the capability of allowing any portion of yourself to give it to you. You do not have to rely on a seemingly exteriorized reflection -- because all you're hearing right now are your own words anyway, not really directly mine.

My vibrational intention is aligned, in that sense, with what you really desire to hear. But remember: your capability of hearing what I am saying comes from the fact that you are actually telling yourself these things, because that's the reality you prefer.

So if you understand that you are capable of hearing these ideas because that's the reality you prefer, then you are capable of manifesting that reality, because it's self-contained to begin with. Understand?

B: Does this help you?

Q: Yes, it does.

B: Well, thank you very much.

Q: Thank you.

B: Sharing!

I hope you enjoyed that.

Regards,
[email protected]
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Is says, "B" is Bashar. A "multi-dimensional" channelled being who speaks through medium Darryl Anka from "what we perceive as the future". Yes, sure ... ask him who BapDada or the Brahma Kumari God is please and what is his game plan.
guest123
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I have friends who are a member of the BK, and are trying to convince me to join, I want to joint to learn more about BK from the other point of view

Post by guest123 »

Please, if you have the chance, read the following book. I have just finished it and it is really an eye opener!

"Re-member: a Handbook for Human Evolution" by Steve Rother.

I feel that it might help you get a better view of yourself and a better understanding of who you are.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Hi guest123, welcome to the forum.

Could you give a little description or summary of what the book contains?

What is meaning of "The Group" and "Lightworker" which the author is part of ?

Is there some connection to "Kryon" (this was talked about in this forum previously).