Am I an ex bk?

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
primal.logic
ex-BK

Am I an ex bk?

Post by primal.logic »

It seems ironic that the identity that we carry with ourselves - that of "ex-BK" - is actually an identity imposed upon us by the Brahma Kumaris!

Once upon a time we inherited a prepackaged, utopian identity from the BK's. As BKs' we identified those who left as 'ex-BKs' and then got stuck with that label when we ourselves left. So when we left we traded in one BK identity for another one.

But am I an ex-BK? Is that the way I identify myself, even in part? What effect does that have on my emotional well being? Our sense of identity is the basis of our emotional state. A clear sense of identity is the basis of emotional health. A confused sense of identity leads to emotional confusion and negativity. This is basic psychology.

So how does it help me to see myself as the BKs do - as an ex-BK?

So how do we identify ourselves as a group, or as individuals, in a post BK world? "Survivor" doesn't do it for me. "Winner" doesn't fit. Nor does "escapee".

I don't want to be an "ex-BK" anymore. It is too negative, too closely associated with the BKs themselves. Any bright ideas?
andrey
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Am I an ex BK?

Post by andrey »

In the "ex" there comes the past that we should avoid sticking to. Better be something "to-be". The Brahmin thing is passed already. So from Brahmin one is to become an angel and a deity. So an angel-to-be and a deity-to-be. It should be left to anyone's individual conciousness to decide for himself whether for him some of these stages has gone in the past as well.
alladin
Friends and family of

evolution

Post by alladin »

Thanks Primal.Logic, and please carry on contributing with tis kind of "eye opening" posts.

Sure, distancing oneself from the BKWSO, ceasing to implement its principles, questioning its dogmas, puts one right into the category of "fallen angels", those who foolishly lost their fortune and defamed the Father. A real curse! Hard to survive! Quite a job to collect the shattered pieces of one's life, career, education, relationships. Actually, I will start a specific topics about relationships after Gyan, since it seems to be a difficult one. Where do we go from here? And identity comes even before an aim or directions. Truly ( thanks Drama), I was given a chip on my shoulder at an early stage (not having wrapped myself in a saree, etc ...) of being something definable as a "cooperative soul", not really a reliable BK. So, I had to define who I am for myself and was blessed with a sticker that had little glue. My drifting away was gradual and smooth. This is the luxury of having maintained a low profile, a marginal role. As you can see, even on the Forum, I never gave myself the tiltle of "ex-BK".

What are we? Truth seekers? Seekers of our internal beauty and power? For sure something dynamic, in constant evolution, whatever we may want to call it, and we found out that close association with the BKs was not helping us in that process! :D
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

Thanx for this primal logic - I really like the term you have used "POST BK". It brings up imagery of something stronger, more defined and 'moved on" - above "what was" - "no longer involved" etc but still details the energy of someone who still has a history with the BKWSU - perhaps I'll change my forum title to read such soon ... Its interesting to know, by the way, that since I've been part of this forum that certain members of the BKWSU whom I've visited with on a social level in the past and had a 'good' relationship with no longer connect with me. The feeling is that they've been 'told' to never go near me. Its laughable indeed, despite being pitifully childish. Let me say that I am so enjoying this aspect, as I was once told that I was 'perceived' as a shining example but nowadays it seems that I am toxic poison. Wonder what or who changed? Ha ha ha ha ...
alladin
Friends and family of

FROM VOLUNTEERS TO VETERANS

Post by alladin »

And the word "post" lead me to another one: "veterans".

Could this also be another definition for the status of those who left the ShivShakti Army and took home disabilities, wounds, burns and shocks, and are facing enormous difficulties in readjusting without being entitled to any benefit or support?

The veterans' psychological condition is worsened if the war you survived was lost or proved useless. ex-BK soldiers are, by definition, "losers"; those who got defeated and left the battlefield, deserters. That's why you, dear Paul, and many likewise, got the treatment of "toxic poison". Such company is a bad influence, it is not at all a good example for those who are still struggling to become HEROES! Lucky, those who adhered to the BKWSU with a Yogi consciousness, rather than a combatant's one, because that can be taken and integrated in normal life and give eternally a sense of purpose to the soul, the aim of "conquering" or "transforming" the self and the world remaining incognito; without the need for belonging to a regimented troop. Army feelings are different from that of tribe, kinship, or "being in tune with".

So, whilst I play in my mind with this analogy with veterans, let me just copy a couple of lines on the topic, which I extracted from Wikipedia (bolds are mine). There's plenty food for thought on this subject and, being soul conscious, we can read about shelling, bombardments and so on, in a metaphorical way, very easily;
Many forms of psychotherapy have been advocated for trauma-related problems such as PTSD. Basic counseling for PTSD includes education about the condition and provision of safety and support. Cognitive therapy shows good results, and group therapy may be helpful in reducing isolation and social stigma.
mr green
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Nice thinking there, primal.

I consider myself a man, (ladies!?) :lol:. I don't even think I am a soul anymore ... am I unfortunate ... no, :lol:.