Can anyone out there help me?

john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

One of my favourite possessions is a magnifying glass. I've had it so long that I am afraid my mind is becoming a magnifying glass too! I can move it in and out. It can clarify what I put my attention on or make it very very blurry, whatever I choose! When the sun is around I can start a fire, this is a terrible.

sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

firey eyes

Post by sparkal »

I think it would be fair to say that we can start fires with our mind. Some fires may be beneficial in burning unwanted things, others may be very destructive.

Green vegetables; it is now that are thought to be good for the eyes and not carrots. I am not convinced about reading glasses and also have a magnifying glass which I find handy, particularly when reading the ingredients on things.

Not sure how I would look with a monocle, could be usable for the third eye perhaps, for starting fires. 8) :wink:
peterbindi
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Looking for God and for myself.

Post by peterbindi »

Dear John Morgan.

Use this glass well :D Be a child and play.

This fine glass of yours, wants to be a good friend of you :lol:.

Greetings peterbindi.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Not sure of what youmean here but ...

If the magnifying glass is a physical object, get a concave magnifying glass, and overlay them.

If the magnifying glass is a spiritual metaphor, if your looking out too much, then look inside. And if your looking in too much, look outside.
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

Just a little bit of fun Bansy :D.
bansy

Post by bansy »

Yes, I know. I remember when I was young and was cruel burning all sorts of things with mirrors, even ants :oops: ... its hard when you grow up with a bunch of cousins who so happen to be mostly boys ... :( .

I mean look at the amount of trouble and money they have now with the biggest mirror of all ... the Hubble ! In a yogi second, we can see all the stars :P.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

bansy wrote:Yes, I know. I remember when I was young and was cruel burning all sorts of things with mirrors, even ants ... its hard when you grow up with a bunch of cousins who so happen to be mostly boys ... I mean look at the amount of trouble and money they have now with the biggest mirror of all ... the Hubble ! In a yogi second, we can see all the stars
That's it blame boys for your viciousness :lol: typical woman.
alladin
Friends and family of

poor ants!

Post by alladin »

And if I say I faint just imagining such a cruelty towards innocent ants, is that typical women's sensitivity? :wink:

Confession: 9 year old or so, a big green lizard on the sidewalk is staring at me with its reptile eyes I find defiant. I get a rock and drop it on top of it.

I instantly felt so sick. I couldn't believe what I had done!! I must have been possessed for few seconds!

How to make amends? Should I adopt a wounded comodo dragon or an orphan crock? Deep down I am such an animist, that not only I cried and freaked out when parents (were they mad?) burnt some ant-hill during a picnic, but also when they burnt an empty box of cheese that had the image of a mountain goat on it!!!
bansy

Post by bansy »

I think when you are 6-7 years old and running around barefoot with nothing on other than some dirty shorts, boys or girls, in the dusty backyards and woodlands, that you know more about life and death and nature because you don't think twice about it. There is no fear in taking that jump over the log or sliding and tumbling down a hill that goes somewhere.

I recently watched a movie "Stand By Me" about a group of 4 boys going on an adventure, at the age when they are differentiating between right and wrong. They were already much older than my hill tumbling days and so even then what two or three years can do to the world we see. Then after that hairs start growing, bleeding happens, and the "magnifying glasses" in our mind come out.

Could innocence and purity be from having a lack of worldy knowledge, rather instead of trying to have knowledge at all ?

OK, that's it I am off to the jungle. Me Jane. Who would like to be Tarzan ? There is also a vacancy for a monkey with an infectious laugh.