Hindi Subforum

arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Hindi Subforum

Post by arjun »

Om Shanti.

Our new friend Rahul has started a new chapter in the history of BKInfo forum by posting only in Hindi (written in Roman script).

It has led me to wonder if there could be a possibility of starting a sub-forum/section on this forum where members could interact with each other either in Hindi or Hindi (written in Roman script)?

Any such possibility would help many members who can understand English but cannot express themselves in English to come and discuss BK/PBK/ex-BK issues.

It may be possible that with the new facility, many new facts about BKWSU/Yagya could spring up.

If the existing software does not allow members to type in Hindi, they could at least be given the option to express themselves in Hindi (written in Roman script).

The option of allowing members to type in Hindi in unicode font could also be explored. One of my friends operates a website/blog named http://www.srijanshilpi.com where he types his articles in Hindi in unicode form and guests can respond either by typing in Hindi or in Hindi in Roman script. One of the specialities of the site, he said was that the entire site could be transcripted into Roman script, and some other Indian languages within seconds by clicking on the language option.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Post by admin »

We would love to but at present it appears that the server or software the sites uses does not support Devangari. Or there are other technicalities involved that we do not understand. Perhaps some forum members could look into starting an account at the same service provider you mention and we can link directly to it?

We are sure that there must be a need and demand for an independent BK related website in Hindi.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Dear Admin,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the limitations of software. But till ShivBaba inspires someone to create a discussion forum in Hindi, we can at least have the discussions in Hindi in the section of this forum meant for other languages, like Spanish, Portugese etc. Members like Rahul can write in Hindi using Roman script in that section.

I hope that would not be a difficult task.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun