Self Belief

john morgan
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Self Belief

Post by john morgan »

Sometimes it is necessary for me to ask if I really, truly, madly, and deeply believe in myself. If I doubt myself what good will that do? It has been said that if one respects oneself then it is possible to respect others. I listen to the way people talk and are and if it is apparent that someone needs more self faith I help them if I can.

Faith is positive and doubt is negative. If someone tries to make me doubt myself I will examine it to see if there is merit. There are those who take a delight in blighting the lives of others through instilling self doubt in them, they somehow feed in a quite pathetic way on other people's pain.

Why should I think that something is wrong with me? What gives me that right? If it ain't broke why fix it? Imagine a car that works perfectly well but the owner is convinced that it doesn't. True, we do get untoward situations in life but that is due to the causes we create. Change the cause, change the effect.

There are some (just a few :wink: ) who wish me to have less rights than they have. What a pity. When I come across someone who is very talented I feel privileged and take great pleasure in their achievement(s). To ask someone if they are trying to make one feel good when it is obvious that they are not can be quite disarming, especially if one is smiling at the time. Far better a life of love than a life of hate. If I truly value myself, then I automatically value others too.

Perhaps you would like to spend a few minutes giving your ways of improving self esteem?
I am sure you have something valuable to say!
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

To share: An Ascended Master has said: "The lower ego complicates everything and the soul simplifies everything"...
john morgan
ex-BK

Post by john morgan »

Thats very interesting Paul. What do you say?

Kind regards,

John
bro neo
ex-BK

Post by bro neo »

Excellent perspectives john, and thank you for sharing.

paulkershaw, as always, you the man!

IMO, faith and doubt should not be confined to a permanent label of + & -. Both have their place in + & - self esteem.

We are all human, humpt, well most of us anyways 8) , so to really see what's real in the self as well as in the world, cannot be done alone nor can it be done without having platinum faith in ones self coupled with the humility to see when we are wrong and should change.

Remember the final exam, trust no one, but believe in your self.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

bro neo wrote: We are all human, humpt, well most of us anyways
In my ever altering belief and filter systems I am coming to understand that that's the exact point. To be human and to experience myself as human in every way possible and to understand too that as a human I have a choice, either to work on ascencion (lifting my conciousness) - or not to as well.

To understand what ascencion means on a personal level means that I also have to go through experiences that lets me know what I don't want to be - as well as what I want to be ...

<sigh> - such profound stuff so early in the morning - must have slept well!
paulkershaw
ex-BK

Re: Self Belief

Post by paulkershaw »

john morgan wrote: There are some (just a few :wink: ) who wish me to have less rights than they have. What a pity. When I come across someone who is very talented I feel privileged and take great pleasure in their achievement(s). To ask someone if they are trying to make one feel good when it is obvious that they are not can be quite disarming, especially if one is smiling at the time. Far better a life of love than a life of hate. If I truly value myself, then I automatically value others too.

Perhaps you would like to spend a few minutes giving your ways of improving self esteem?
I am sure you have something valuable to say!
Hey John Morgan

I feel to share that many people do not realise the damage they're experiencing or just 'how broken' they really are. But I also understand that its not my job to put these people in a category (or boxed and limited description) of 'broken' and its certainly not my job to fix them, but rather be available to anyone who recognises that they are in need of some repair work and then guide them to 'fixing;' it themselves, through their own journey and their own effort. For me, the best way is to lead a life of my own that includes a journey to ascension and then as I meet others along that path, they'll become a mirror for me, mirroring either 'how far I've come ...' or "how far I've still got to go ..." and respect each ones journey individually.

The most important 'healing' aspect one can realise, is to begin to understand that one has a choice, either to step into heling mode or to ignore it altogether. That's choice; that's change and that's karma ... I feel so blessed to be able to understand that I am still healing and at the same time I am in a constant state of ascension and to know that I have a choice and its up to me - so many beings on ths planet are not aware of their spiritual journey at all ...
sparkal
BK supporter
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK supporter
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: BK supporter

Post by sparkal »

The abused become abusers. :?

The question may relate to who is strong enough to break these negative cycles. That is when we earn and move forward perhaps. The world is designed to take individuals away from themSELVES.

Otherwise, pointing the finger at those who point the finger is not breaking the cycles of negativity, or am I pointing the finger at you here? :roll: