Can anyone please tell me why my topic has disappeared?

master creator
BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Can anyone please tell me why my topic has disappeared?

Post by master creator »

I had written a thread asking - "Is this website self-contradictory?" The thread has vanished. If this site allows open communication why such a thing has occurred? :?
admin
Site Admin
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Post by admin »

master creator wrote:I had written a thread asking - Is this website self-contradictory? The thread has vanished. If this site allows open communication why such a thing has occurred?
It was amalgamated with a previous thread on the same subject.
I am sorry, we try and notify individuals of moves or merges but you can find your posts either by looking at your Profile page (accessible via your logo or username link, or the "new posts" link. To avoid such impression, we have a policy that we do not delete posts (unless where clearly errors / duplicates) and even inappropriate posts are only sent to the "Lost Property" department.

Please look over the forums, check to see if the topics you wish to raise have already been discussed. Re-invigorate old topics rather than just start new ones. The moderators retain the right to merge similar or identical topics to keep the forum short and concise and avoid duplications.

This also stops individuals from attempting to dominate forums by asking the same question over and over again but with new titles.
sachkhand
ex-PBK

Not seeing my post in the PBK forum.

Post by sachkhand »

Aum Shanti,

Dear administrator, I had posted a topic with subject "I am Prajapita Brahma" in the PBK forum. I saw my message after posting it in the PBK forum, but now I am not seeing it in the PBK forum, but is only present in the opening page. Please show my topic in the PBK forum.

Sanjeev
admin
Site Admin
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account

Post by admin »

Your post is in The Commonroom as it is of common interest to all elements of the BK Family.

The PBKs have previously requested that the PBK forum remains closer to orthodox PBK teachings and so general discussion is taken elsewhere.

Thank you.
zhuk
non-BK

Post by zhuk »

Yes my 'Brian Bacon comes to Oz' thread went AWOL somewhere too ... I did not think it was that defamatory lol.
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Post by joel »

zhuk wrote:Yes my 'Brian Bacon comes to Oz' thread went AWOL somewhere too ... I did not think it was that defamatory lol
Is this it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In case of posts being moved or similar topics being merged,
  • go to > Members > your_username > "Find all posts by your_username".
Or follow the link from your username and avatar next to any post you have made.
zhuk
non-BK

Post by zhuk »

zhuk wrote:Yes my 'Brian Bacon comes to Oz' thread went AWOL somewhere too ... I did not think it was that defamatory lol
Indeed it is joel!
admin wrote:In case of posts being moved or similar topics being merged,
  • go to > Members > your_username > "Find all posts by your_username".
Or follow the link from your username and avatar next to any post you have made.
Funny thing is, before I made the post I did do just this to check. Nothing recent appeared so I went ahead and posted. Weird! :?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zhuk wrote:Funny thing is, before I made the post I did do just this to check. Nothing recent appeared so I went ahead and posted. Weird! :?
You seem to be correct and have just highlighted a glitch in the software that we were unaware of.

Apologies and thank you.