Bird food

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Bird food

Post by fluffy bunny »

Just a little bit of whimsy with a metaphorical meaning.

Little birds spend their entire day attempting to find sufficient food to survive and store up a little extra to make it through the cold winter. Some even spend days constantly on the wing doing so.

If one starts to leave food out regularly, where they know they can find it and can come and eat their full without the need for any more effort
  • ... what do they do with the rest of their day?
Like with "ex-BKs", have you ever wondered where birds go when they die?

In our daily lives, we see hundreds of bird but how many dead ones do we see? Like with so-called "ex-BKs", we see one or two roadkills, may be; one or two caught by a predator ... but where do the rest go? This has always been a mystery to me.
john
Reforming BK

Re: Bird food

Post by john »

ex-l wrote:but where do the rest go? This has always been a mystery to me.
Back to 'normal' life?

I believe all who come into BKs are affected differently, maybe even numberwise. Ask someone who just is not on the BK/Shiva/Gyan wavelength and they will probably think "same old religious nonsense", it will have no effect on them.

So I think from mild interest to obsession, would be the window of those becoming a BK. Even in the BKs of today we know that some (or many) just aren't that bothered about finding the truth, they've found their little spiritual patch to hang onto. The need to believe becomes stronger than the need for truth.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

ex-l wrote:but where do the rest go? This has always been a mystery to me.
Ha! I meant the birds ... but you must be right. They climb a little way up the mountain, find a comfortable cave, set up camp according to their understanding and capture passersby ... The BKs, not the birds.

What proportion die? Live half-lives not adopting back into society? Experience difficulties? No review has been done and yet we are going to face large proportions of Western BKs reaching retirement age with no savings, no family and no Destruction round the corner.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Like with "ex-BKs", have you ever wondered where birds go when they die? In our daily lives, we see hundreds of bird but how many dead ones do we see? Like with so-called "ex-BKs", we see one or two roadkills, may be; one or two caught by a predator ... but where do the rest go? This has always been a mystery to me.
I too get the same doubt when I see birds and monkeys while strolling around the office with a colleague in the lunch time. One can see hundreds of live monkeys but not one dead. Where do they go?

But I have seen some dead birds, which might have died most probably due to electrocution by coming in contact with live electric wires on the streets.

As for the metaphorical meaning, I leave it to the churning of 'ex-l Baba' :D.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

arjun wrote:As for the metaphorical meaning, I leave it to the churning of 'ex-l Baba' :D.
Om Birdie Birdie ... Birdie Birdie ... Tweet Tweet ... Om

The bird represents the soul. The soul never falls and dies. Its nature is to rise.

Birds do not need to make effort to use their wings to fly, they have to use their feet to hold them down on the branches of the tree.

All they have to do is let go and they will keep rising naturally.

Deep enough for you? I am often touched by the natural dignity of many animals and their lifestyle. Its refreshing after the exhausting artifice of humanity.
alladin
Friends and family of

Maya the cat

Post by alladin »

Usually when a BK disappears without making a fuss, the leftover BKs will comment that he/she has been eaten by Maya, the cat (or crock).
tinydot
ex-BK

Re: Maya the cat

Post by tinydot »

alladin wrote:Usually when a BK disappears without making a fuss, the leftover BKs will comment that he/she has been eaten by Maya, the cat ( or crock).
I found the cat trying to catch the sickly bird in seclusion. http://ask.yahoo.com/19980921.html
Dear Yahoo!:
Where do birds go to die? I see hundreds if not thousands of birds in and around the area where I live, yet I rarely see any that have died of natural causes. How is that possible?

Derrick Ottawa, Canada

Dear Derrick:

This was a tough nut to crack, but we did it. We had always assumed that most birds migrate South for the winter and eventually pick out a lovely tropical spot to while away their autumn years. As it turns out, that's not exactly true. To find the answer to your question, we browsed birdwatching sites, skimmed through ornithology resources, and even staked out some birding Webcams, but with no luck. Finally, throwing subtlety to the wind, we searched on your exact question, "Where do birds go to die?" and came up with a nice result -- a fellow syndicated advice columnist.

The archive of Ask Dr. Fox* offers a simple explanation of avian expiration:

"Birds, like many other creatures, will seek secluded, out-of-the way places when they're feeling sick. Sometimes, rest and seclusion help them heal. But if they die, very often they won't be found in their hideouts.

Of course, in nature, things work in a strange tandem. Predators, like cats and foxes, can usually seek out these hideouts for prey. And often, these predators will take the prey back to feed their young, which is why it's so rare to find the remains of dead birds."

Yeah. We knew that. Exactly. What he said.