BK Speak

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
alladin
Friends and family of

inspections

Post by alladin »

"It is not royal" ... You can apply this to actions such as "begging", literally or in a broad sense, and I agree that what we get after asking looses its sweetness. But when a Sic looks down on someone eating whilst standing, talking and eating, having some food whilst walking in the street or standing, even munching on a toli without a plate, or when she utters that comment when a person laughs or talks a bit loudly, runs instead of walking, there's a good chance that the object of despise will feel stubbed in the heart, loose his spontaneity, self esteem and capacity to be cheerful and enthusiastic for a long time!

Attention! Stiffen up: this, more than a spiritual family, is an army of zombies! Under permanent review time, we ought to feel watched and s***t in our pants. That's what soldiers must do when a controller goes by. Ultimately, if fear is internalized enough, including when one sleeps or is alone. Sounds" terrific"!
alladin
Friends and family of

my cat has left the body+joined felines' Advance Party

Post by alladin »

"So and so has left the body" - has popped off, snuffed out, in ordinary language; died. Re-enforcing the concept of the soul's eternity, giving us a chance to reconcile ourselves with something as ugly as death. So, it is not just a polite expression such as "expired, deceased", but a lesson in itself (Raja Yoga lesson 1 on soul consciousness).

If you want to cheer up mourning relatives, you can try and lightening their spirits up by using it. I don't know many BKs who would be at ease adopting it in the case of an animal's departure, "the sister's cat has left the body". Due to cultural background, BKs don't usually consider animals deserving titles such as eternal.
joel
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Unlimited meaning

Post by joel »

"Limited Meaning" and "Unlimited Meaning" are used to distinguish between interpreting language according to the common ('limited') meaning versus interpreting that language according to ('unlimited') BK cosmology, generally toward a state of greater detachment and less involvement, reflecting the renunciate tendencies of the group.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

"Brother" (in a particular tone of voice ...) - meaning: I need someone to do something for me that I am not going to do because there's someone else around who can do it and while they're doing it I can go off and eat ... after all its not good for my fortune to be caught in the same room alone with a brother whilst he moves that heavy cupboard ...
alladin
Friends and family of

come ovah here!

Post by alladin »

"Sister!" - same applies sister to sister, means "****, come over here, sit!". The request for obedience is usually show to a junior by a commanding tone of the voice. It can also mean, "I don't even care what your name is but, anyway, although I dislike you, and you are a complete stranger with no affinity to me, we belong to the same sect, so I accept your presence, especially if I need some service from you".

A BK that really considers you as a sister in his/her heart and doesn't want to keep you at distance, would not call you like that. It sounds nice to my ears, and reassuring, though, when someone utters the sweet words of " X ... Y ... Z is a very nice sister!".
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

"His intellect has opened" - he has succumbing to our brain washing.
bansy

Post by bansy »

It's that time of year when you'll hear this quite frequent in BK circles :
  • "When are you going to Madhuban ? "
Has many connotations, e.g.
  • - No one else wants me so can I join you
    - Do you have nowhere else to go, is the alternative Bahamas out of the question
    - How many airmiles do you have, surely you don't need them all
    - Can you carry my suitcase too
    - Can you help carry the toli back
    - While you're at it, can you carry me too
To which the response may be, e.g.
  • - Gosh, how much is it going to cost this time
    - How many trains and flights and buses does it take to get there. Where are those special planes mentioned in the Murlis when you need one ...
    - Where will they put me, will I have a room of my own or be chucked in with ...
    - Of course I'd be extremely delighted, with zeal and enthusiasm, to carry your suitcase and toli for you (this last one is an obvious reply from brothers I'd expect :P )
    - Did you not get my reply last time, it's the same as last year's, and the year before that ...
    - Not another bunch of ironing again :P.
And futhermore,
  • - Curry with chips, toast and jam, yummy, true Indian gourmet
    - Better make sure I change my alarm clock to wake up at 3.30am instead of the usual 8am (Ooops :oops: )
    - Now, where are my cool sunshades, a double foreigner BK in Madhuban without shades is just not on. I need to look like this smiley 8).
bkti-pit
BK

Post by bkti-pit »

"Donation of Yoga" ...
  • Can someone tell me what this is? :?
joel
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Post by joel »

"Donation of Yoga".. praying for a person, sometimes as part of a group meditation program, as for senior BKs in poor health, or who having died, may need our mental support to adjust to and thrive in their newly altered circumstances. Followers are similarly suggested to serve through vibrations, donate good wishes, use silence power, in order to bring about change in people and circumstances. As with prayer, this approach seeks to effect change in the world through inner mental and emotional processes. as opposed to direct action.

To say "I am donating Yoga" or any of the above expressions can also be a euphemism for avoiding confrontation or direct communication with a difficult co-worker or non-BK family member that is unsympathetic to the group's work.
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.

Post by paulkershaw »

"Donation of Yoga" - means that when you come to Yoga - give a donation!
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

"Donation of Yoga" - a way of thinking sitting doing nothing is a charity for others so that the organization can claim to be doing service for others. You give us your money, labor and property, we will give you our positive thoughts.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

"Must be a Brahmin" ... the speculative desire that some VIP or another become a BK follower usually for the simple reason that the said VIP did something good and only BK Brahmins do good things as all the rest of the world is impure and vicious. The flavor of much gossip, could be used to express and justify the infatuation and love-bombing of a non-BKs because ... "he must be a Brahmin".

Typical examples include; Bob Geldof (Band Aid), Prince Charles, the late Princess Diana and so on ... etc
alladin
Friends and family of

who grants permission or demands to create their fortune

Post by alladin »

Creating their fortune:
interpretation picked from a post joel wrote in the "undue influence " last december:
diplomatically and judiciously, we could find ways for the devotee-minded to gratify their charitable urges by contributing to BK activities. This was the genius of Seniors like Dadi Kumarka and Dadi Janki, who she explained, had helped many to 'create their fortune' by assisting the group in some way.
that is milking the cow when it suits us.
On the other hand, it can happen that a student is willing to create his fortune, his own way , in service, but he will be denied a chance...
We know that some bossy BKs encounter great difficulty in implementing that basic lesson about "yelding". Ah, don't forget that you should never waste a chance to "serve" when you are given one. Jump on it, whatever/whenever it is!