Discussion: The Supreme Soul

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
bro neo
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Discussion: The Supreme Soul

Post by bro neo »

Multiple personality disorder

Definition

“Multiple personality disorder, or MPD, is a mental disturbance classified as one of the dissociative disorders in the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). It has been renamed dissociative identity disorder (DID). MPD or DID is defined as a condition in which "two or more distinct identities or personality states" alternate in controlling the patient's consciousness and behavior.”

“The most distinctive feature of DID is the formation and emergence of alternate personality states, or "alters." Patients with DID experience their alters as distinctive individuals possessing different names, histories, and personality traits. It is not unusual for DID patients to have alters of different genders, sexual orientations, ages, or nationalities. Some patients have been reported with alters that are not even human; alters have been animals, or even aliens from outer space.”

Reference: Multiple personality disorder

OK, so I guess you can get what I am implying here. Yes, I am suggesting that BB might have had it, and The Supreme Soul was an alter of his. More recently, Dadi Gulzar isn’t even conscious when her alter BapDada takes over.

I am so going to be a street sweeping peasant in the Golden Age for offering this and all the other theories I’ve posted. Might not even see ya’ll till the Silver Age. Oh well…
freedom
ex-BK

Post by freedom »

The truth shall be revealed ... it's all a possibility ... :lol:.

I rather sweep golden dust off the floor than be part of a kingdom where there is no contrast ... as David Byrne put it: "Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens ..."

Yes, I don't like to see people and mother earth suffering now. Maybe we can fix it that ...
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

May be if the other part was his "highest self" ... this has come up before. The usual objection is that mere multiple personality syndrome would not explain the power and psychic stuff that went on.

And what of the other chariots? More down to earth is the trans-personality experience of rank and file BKs, who was that person that we acted out. Have BKs changed recently, are they more "themselves" and less pressured to "become India" or adopt another personality? Frankly, all such groups talk about the wonderment of personality changes ... they do not change that much.

See also, "walk-ins".
bro neo
ex-BK

Post by bro neo »

ex-l wrote:The usual objection is that mere multiple personality syndrome would not explain the power and psychic stuff that went on.
This is not the best of references to stage hypnosis and what it is and does, but it will do. (2 sleepy to look for a better one).

"from their unwavering ability to accept the claims that miraculous powers are present in the world and that human will can be swayed by such powers, which leads to easy susceptibility. Such is the power of madmen and charismatic leaders";I saw a better explanation from a show on possession (Nat Geo Channel).