Alone

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.
john
Reforming BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by john »

mr green wrote:I really do need some friends, I am the true billy no mates :lol:. I go to the pub on my own I smoke spliff on my own ... after leaving Gyan (could be 4 maybe 5 years now) I have been unable to heal the wounds I gained there and also unable to reintegrate into any social situation ...
Could you join a club or go to some weekly event you are interested in to meet anyone? OK you might not find a soulmate, but it will be a start and may lead to other things. If I was new to an area that would be my action plan, get interactive with people of similar interests.

Spending too much time on our own, can lead to a lose of perspective, it's good to get a healthy balance.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

Now I feel more lucid again,

I am just going through a rough patch ... i get them now and then.

I do play in a band, we rehearse twice a week but are yet to perform to people ... we want to. It is both hugely rewarding and frustrating :lol: ... but yes I must have a good snoop around.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

john wrote:Could you join a club or go to some weekly event.
There is always the Hare Krishnas ... !?!

What do you think of the idea of talking therapies? Its strikes me you could be in a period of grieving for the lost years - and all the social networks and experience that went with them - that you lost. You make a point of saying that you do not feel malice towards those that did what they did but perhaps some righteous anger ... determination ... is the right response?

If you have scrubbed your conscience clean and find no fault on your side, then it may be that you have a right or ought to be angry ... if not towards them but towards their ignorance or lack of ethics.
freedom
ex-BK

Post by freedom »

Mr. Green, you better stay put ... get a grip ... your songs rock ... I was walking the other day "feeling a little blue" and your song came up on my MP3. I started to walk and dance a little, it did change my mood ... so remember that it takes one desire to feel better ... something is going to come your way and make you feel good !!! :lol:.

My life also goes up and down, but I don't want to even remember the people that did not helped me ... forget about BKs. You are so free now. So different, so light !! :wink:
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

mr green wrote:I do play in a band, we rehearse twice a week but are yet to perform to people ... we want to.
Hey nice, get a gig or two, that should focus your mind :D. I've played in bands since I was 15, never stopped. Not even for the BKs :lol:.
ex-l wrote:There is always the Hare Krishnas ... !?!
Good food, lot's of banging.
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of

Yet to perform to people ... but we want to

Post by abrahma kumar »

mr green wrote:I do play in a band, we rehearse twice a week but are yet to perform to people ... we want to.
john wrote: Hey nice, get a gig or two, that should focus your mind :D. I've played in bands since I was 15, never stopped. Not even for the BKs
ex-l wrote:There is always the Hare Krishnas ... !?!
john wrote:Good food, lot's of banging.
... Contrary to what has been said elsewhere on this site i have no tomtom to bang but i sincerely have some creative and musical ideas that are busting at the gut for some outlet. Maybe I start a topic in the common room one day to see if there are any folk out there who might be able to gauge whether there is any mileage in a few propositions. Might mean that my cover will get blown but what the heck, faint heart never won a fair lady, so the saying goes. I echo the sentiments of all the others in saying keep going at it mr. green. Creative expression is mightily good for the soul and the late Bob Marley was of the sound opinion that one good thing about music is that when it hits you feel no pain.

I love music and not even the BKs ever dimmed that love. Keep at it mr. green, beacause mighty oaks from little acorns grow. As for Hare Krishnas and food, that subject represents another pleasant walk down memory lane for me.
di
Friends and family of

Post by di »

Hey Mr Green, I would love to hear some of your stuff, maybe even teach me a few new riffs. Keep smiling sunshine ...

hugs
Di
jannisder
Friends and family of

Post by jannisder »

Me to!!!

xxx Jan
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Yet to perform to people ... but we want to

Post by fluffy bunny »

abrahma Kumar wrote:Creative expression is mightily good for the soul and the late Bob Marley was of the sound opinion that one good thing about music is that when it hits you feel no pain.
It just a quick aside but did you see the story that Bob Marley's hit, "One Love" has been accepted by the Anglican Church in the Caribbean for inclusion in its hymn book! Peter Tosh also got a credit for Psalm 27. (Check out the video link above).
Peter Tosh in 'Mark of the Beast' wrote:I see the mark of the beast on their ugly faces
I see them congregating in evil places
I said mi know them a wicked
What have I done to be incriminated
What have I done to be humiliated
I said mi know hoonoo wicked
So you can go on

They make pledges to destroy even their mothers
So you can imagine what he would do to my brother
I said mi know hoonoo wicked
What have I done to be convicted
What have I got to be coveted
I am so careful of them smiling faces
'Cause underneath them are some evil traces
Its a two edged report, "They may have been anti-church, but they were not anti-God or anti-religion," said the head churchman, adding that including the songs would help modernize Jamaica's hymnals. Tosh was murdered, some say assassinated for his revolutionary stance. Marley is already gone. But the Church that would have resisted them all hell and fury when they are alive now says, thank you very much ... we'll have that now to boost our credibility! Now they are dead and gone and ... safe to repackage.

mr g, your pain and confusion is showing the world what it is really like to come out of the Brahma Kumaris and what a long term commitment can leave you with.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

di wrote:Hey Mr Green, I would love to hear some of your stuff, maybe even teach me a few new riffs. Keep smiling sunshine ...
You might change your mind when you hear it :lol:. We sound like a mix of Hawkwind/Gong, Marley and a few others.

Hey John, I never knew you were a muso ... good on ya. I love Mr Tosh, he knew about not criticising it.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

mr green wrote:Hawkwind/Gong, Marley and a few others.
"Psychedelic Space Rastas" or "Dub Aliens" !?! :shock:
john
Reforming BK

Post by john »

ex-l wrote:"Psychedelic Space Rastas" or "Dub Aliens" !?! :shock:
Couple of catchy names there for a band.
We sound like a mix of Hawkwind/Gong, Marley and a few others.
Interesting mix, probably not easy to pull off.

There was a documentary on Hawkwind a few months back, really enjoyed it.
mr green
ex-BK

Post by mr green »

ex-l wrote:"Psychedelic Space Rastas" or "Dub Aliens" !?! :shock:
john wrote:Interesting mix, probably not easy to pull off. There was a documentary on Hawkwind a few months back, really enjoyed it.
Yeah I saw that too, great band ... I like the Bob Calvert stuff if that's not too muso for you, heh.

We're currently called 'The Green' ... but I like the Dub Aliens, heh.

Hey, anyone IT savvy to build us a web site??? I will happily pay!!!
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

Hawkwind etc

Post by proy »

Hi, I saw that Hawkwind documentary too. I especially liked the bit about how the synth player could knock people over with one of his wave generators. In fact, I think he did that to me at one of their gigs, unless it was the cider. :) I used to follow them around to all their gigs. I also like Marley. So now I really need you to send me that CD of The Green that you promised me. I just gotta hear it now. And Mr Green. You have my number. For F***'s sake ring me if you get so low again. :roll:
mr green
ex-BK

Re: Hawkwind etc

Post by mr green »

proy wrote:Hi, I saw that Hawkwind documentary too. I especially liked the bit about how the synth player could knock people over with one of his wave generators. In fact I think he did that to me at one of their gigs, unless it was the cider. :) I used to follow them around to all their gigs. I also like Marley. So now I really need you to send me that CD of The Green that you promised me. I just gotta hear it now. And Mr Green. You have my number. For F***'s sake ring me if you get so low again. :roll:
I will m8. We're working on a new cd this weekend, also should have a myspace for us together by the end of the weekend.