Discussion: Introduction Class

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
bro neo
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Discussion: Introduction Class

Post by bro neo »

The stuff BKs taught in the introduction class varied from country to country. The way it was taught in my country was the western version. The main focus of it was around the anatomy of consciousness. Remember that diagram with the mind, intellect and sanskars?

That pretty much blew me away. They explained how people create bad habits, and since I was a 12 step junkie at the time it seemed to clarify everything in addiction for me crystal clear.

The intro course also focused on how the majority of people’s thoughts through out the day are negative and how Raja Yoga changes all that so that we control our thoughts and make them positive. Thus the stress of modern life is reduced dramatically. Sort of a condensed positive thinking course.

Wow! And it was free! Ya know, if they just stopped there it would be pretty spiffy but in fact all this was just the sweet smelling fresh sugar coated bait they used in a 200lb bear trap of a SS, ready to slice the head off of anyone who dared eat it.

To get back to the stuff in the positive thinking course and the anatomy of the soul, a lot of it is really pretty good. The diagram of the anatomy of the soul is actually the exact same diagram in the Sedona Method workbook, the terms are a bit different of course. The diagram in and of it self does seem pretty good, I just have a lot of resistance to use it now that I am an ex-BK. Everything BK just seems repulsive to me in one way or another. Shame.

In Raja Yoga they say the most important lesson is who am I; I am a soul. This translates into you must believe everything we (the BKWSU) tell you, and don’t trust what you think or what anyone else tells you. I think as an ex-BK the most important lesson for is to trust what we perceive ourselves, against the light of logic and reason.