Hypnosis and the BKWSU

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
eromain
ex-BK

Post by eromain »

Yes ex-l, I don't know anything about the way medics use the term "schizophrenic", but in the colloquial sense of the term I strongly agree with you. The extreme dualisms in Raja Yoga - both the Cartesian mind/body one and the soul-consciousness / body-consciousness one are bound to create a divided self. It is required of that path and if the mind has to split itself in order to provide us with what we are demanding of it, it will do so. This is the same process by which people develop multiple personality disorder.

However, the distinction in practice between spiritual experiences and mental ones is tricky. All we have are our experiences and then having had them we have to classify them according to our beliefs. The experiences themselves do not classify themselves for us.

If somebody spiked the toli one thursday morning with LSD (and no I am not suggesting this 8) the resultant experiences would feel incredibly spiritual but would be essentially chemical-driven. But many of the experiences would be of meeting Baba, going to the Subtle Regions, going to the Golden Age etc because those are all the content the drug would play with. For some BKs, it would shake their faith because they would recognise that if drugs alone can trigger this stuff then no external reality needs to be involved. For others, they would find excuses to do the drugs again because the experiences were so compelling; and others would start a new off shoot the BK LSD University.

Hypnosis uses such things as suggestibility, hyperfocus and what the NLP guys call submodalities to capitalise on the way the mind is structured in order to trigger changes which ordinarily we cant make. One can easily create the most intensely spiritual-feeling experiences with essentially mere tricks of the mind.

The danger from the BK point of view is that how can they know that their experiences are anything but. And it is a particular problem for the BKs because their meditative techniques are virtually indisctinguishable from the very same techniques that hypnosis uses. But beyond them it is a problem for anyone who thinks that their experiences point to some metaphysical reality. And that includes most of us.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

eromain wrote:Hypnosis uses such things as suggestibility, hyperfocus and what the NLP guys call submodalities to capitalise on the way the mind is structured in order to trigger changes which ordinarily we cant make. One can easily create the most intensely spiritual-feeling experiences with essentially mere tricks of the mind.
I think that this could be done. Also to register in the mind group loyalties and all sort of imaginative thoughts about the reality of the group. This is where we enter into realms of group "hypnosis" through affirmations (We angels, you Shudras). I suppose the sophistry lies in what is hypnosis and what is condition ... the lines are blurred.

I'd love to see a professional stage magician "give" BKs Godly or Golden Aged experiences. I am sure it could be done. Its worth also remembering that they have been accused of hypnosis across the whole world, in different cultures and since the 1930s. It is not a new question.
eromain
ex-BK

Post by eromain »

ex-l,

not only can it be done, it is easy. And just as easy is taking people to worlds which we know are not real, but which are vivid enough to get the sub-modalities working - planets from Star Trek episodes, Doctor Who, Pixar films etc etc.

What was the name of that Holocaust film in which the Father persuades the son that he was taking part in a game? For the son hell was transformed into a childhood adventure. The intensity of our experiences has no relation to fact or reality.

All those experiences Lekhraj and the young girls had in the thirties which the BK religion is based upon contain nothing within them, nor could they, which might distinguish them from anything else the wonderfully creative human mind can conjure up. Hypnosis is just a set of techniques for triggering such. Unfortunately for the metaphysicists it demystifies our more transcendent experiences.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Post by fluffy bunny »

eromain wrote:What was the name of that Holocaust film in which the Father persuades the son that he was taking part in a game? For the son hell was transformed into a childhood adventure. The intensity of our experiences has no relation to fact or reality.
Life is Beautiful (the film).
new world
Vishnu Party

Post by new world »

This thread is very very interesting & knowledgefull. Thanks brother ex-l, for creating this thread.

I again repeat that, in real sense, RajYoga has nothing to do with BK meditation system.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU

Post by fluffy bunny »

Define "RajYoga" somewhere. Logically, therefore, what you call RajYoga probably has nothing to do with the BKWSU.

If it has nothing to do with hypnosis, then find or start a new thread in the commonroom if you want to discuss; or the Splinter Group forum, if you want to preach something new.
alladin
Friends and family of

golden vessel

Post by alladin »

First step of Raja Yoga hypnosis, logically consists in convincing students that this is not hypnosis, not self suggestion, not blind faith, not another religion, etc ...

Forget about everything you have heard before, don't question, become a blank slate so Baba can write anything on it, clean the vessel of the mind, make it gold through meditation, so it can become the suitable recipient for New Knowledge ... What does it sound like?

Hey, folks, I am procastinating the posting of notes I took from my reading of 2 books on the topic. I need to translate it first into English, so it's a bit of a job! I need some good wishes, please!!
bkdimok
Reforming BK

Post by bkdimok »

Om Shanti. This is very interesting topic. I was interested in hypnosis for a while several years ago. I had read a lot of literature of NLP technics of trance stages. Also i had experienced one of them on myself.

One man put me in that stage and i get what it was only after few days. I understood what had happen only because i knew several methods and remembered that he was doing some things from these methods. I wonder is there any souls here who studied this issue well? I mean really well.

With regards BK Dmitry.
alladin
Friends and family of

double welcome

Post by alladin »

Congratulations for taking a big step forward! Stick to this new wavelength and kind of posts, brother. Everyone will love you and appreciate your contributions!! Thank you!!