re: Is the BKWSU better than other cults/religions?

for ex-Brahma Kumaris, to discuss matters related to their experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.
joel
ex-BK
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I was an active BK for 12 years. That was long ago. Now I am just a person.

Post by joel »

ex-l wrote:In other social groups or religions, this has gone to an even further extreme to corrupt so-called spiritual orders through the influence of homosexual self-interested parties, e.g. Friends of the Western Buddhist Order, or paedophilia, e.g. the Holy Roman Empire/Catholicism.
So the BKs are better than most, then?
proy
ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Started as BK became ex-BK here

Post by proy »

joel wrote:So the BKs are better than most, then?
Difficult to say. They probably affect a smaller number of people than most. I have checked out so many religions, cults and communities, and I have never found one that I could recommend to a friend. As an example of what goes on I have posted the web site addresses of the ex-Sai Baba people, as well as the ex-Friends of the Western Buddhist Order people elsewhere on this forum. As yet another example, which corresponds with the kind of cover up the BKs do, and with their secrecy about the Murlis, check out this link.
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: Is the BKWSU better than other cults/religions?

Post by fluffy bunny »

joel wrote:So the BKs are better than most, then?

Its a bit like asking, "so which terminal illness would you recommend best?"!

Its better to become a doctor rather than a patient?

I think of the BKWSU as "the Scientology of India" now. That is to say, just as Scientology above all cults have offset the whole minority religion debate with its excesses; so too the BKWSU, through all its calculating deviousness, manipulation, misrepresentation, power and wealth, now exceeds all other cults. Of what I am hearing, we in the West do not get to know about the worst of it.

If it cut all the lies and pretenses, resolved and made public its teachings and history, stopped extending itself into areas where it does not belong and got back to its roots ... (in short, embraced the PBK approach) I'd have a hard time trying to criticise it.

I would still think that on a psychic level it is just another parasitic colony of termites attempting to take over the world.

So, the question then would be, would India be better off if it was taken over by the BKWSU?
  • Oh, sure ... anything to stop human being reproducing!
bro neo
ex-BK

Post by bro neo »

proy wrote:check out this link. Some Copyright Considerations
Wow. Never thought of it this way. Very profound.

As far as being compared to past religions, such as Catholicism and its witch hunts and be-headings, BKWSU is like a friendly little fast food joint. But if you compare the BKWSU with its present day competition, e.g., Catholicism today, it’s a totally different story.

Isn’t it nice that most societies have evolved to a point where it protects people from being beheaded and physically mutilated by the government just because a high priest says the person should be?
:o