The passing of powerful souls

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by abrahma kumar »

bansy wrote:Movie : A revealing, witty portrait of the British royal family in crisis immediately following the death of Princess Diana. The setting for this fictional account of real events is no less than the private chambers of the Royal Family and the British government in the wake of the sudden death of Princess Diana in August of 1997.
Thanks bansy for sharing re: Princess Diana. My experience of that Sunday was a memorable one. Happend to be awake all night with the radio on so was able to hear when news of the accident broke in the very early morning hours - talk about disbelief.

On the early morning drive in to class that Sunday I felt accompanied by an incredibly loud silence. Every motion I made and observed seemed to be enacted within a very dense atmosphere; slow, timeless even. It seemed no far-fetched thing to imagine that the very ether itself had been made to resonate with the the enormity of that soul's passing. Was it the silence of homage or outrage I asked myself.

And then to see the news spread amongst the gathering as the day grew on. The kumaris administering sisterly reassurance by way of that inimitable "arm stroking" gesture that only Baba's kumaris do. And then sometimes hugging where a hug seemed more 'needed'. The Brothers solemn in their own way - without need of hugs it seemed; but instead nodding knowingly to each other: "Wah Drama wah".

But through all of this there was maintained a hush. Was it in my head? Is that the atmosphere that gathers around the world at the passing of powerful souls?

Thank you

Om Shanti
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Abrahma Kumar wrote:But through all of this there was maintained a hush. Was it in my head? Is that the atmosphere that gathers around the world at the passing of powerful souls?
Baba has mentioned in the Sakar Murlis that whenever a big sanyasi/personality leaves his/her body it creates a peaceful atmosphere. I think he gave the example of a sanyasi, but I don't remember the name.

Although Princess Diana may not have been so spiritual or so religious, but she definitely won the hearts of the ordinary people of the world with her gestures. And BKs were definitely impressed when she visited one of the old age homes (with mostly BK inmates at that time) situated at Hyderabad in South India.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
bansy
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by bansy »

Out of curioisty, in India what was the impact of the passing of Mother Theresa. It was all over the news outside India.
arjun
PBK
Affinity to the BKWSU: PBK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: To exchange views with past and present members of BKWSU and its splinter groups.

Post by arjun »

Mother Teresa was and is a respected figure in India and her death caused sorrow to all those who knew her work. But some also saw a hidden agenda of Christian Missionary work in her social service. But whatever the hidden agenda, any good work that brings succour to the poor, downtrodden and the diseased must be appreciated. It is not very easy to actually go and bring diseased and 'waiting for death' persons from the streets and to serve them. I don't think many in the Brahmin family (both BKs and PBKs) would be 'soul conscious' enough to do such a job. But the lifestyle of PBKs living in mini-Madhubans is much similar to the life of the Nuns of missionaries of charity in terms of simplicity, etc. Surrendered BKs during the days of Brahma Baba were also leading PBK style of life, but it seems to have changed a lot now.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun